2016-10-30 19:11:35

Thanks for letting me know nibar, I did suspect the case, but that is a right arse, since I have no idea what all this port server business is (I've already allowed Crazy party access through Avg's firewall and I can certainly connect to other people).

Any advice appreciated, if not, well never mind.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-30 19:12:23

try to redirect the ports with mini upnp

2016-10-30 21:09:49

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to forward the port with your router.

2016-10-30 22:20:02

Well Upnp didn't work.
I confess I'm getting a little tired of everyone saying "forward the port with your rooter" since I have no idea what it actually means. The only thing I've ever had to do with ports is when  connecting to muds or using email, and a rooter sounds like a  colourful description of a pig.

So if someone could give a little advice about this that would be appreciated, since it's not just crazy party that is affected here but also  manamon as well, heck I recall having a similar problem back when i tried to play galaxy ranger.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-31 10:31:37

Nope, no pigs involved. Although since you don't know what a router is, I don't know if you'll be able to forward your ports either. A router is basically one of the devices which facilitates internet connections. You may need to look it up on wikipedia or something because that probably explains it better than I ever could, I am not very familiar with the concept myself and I'm not the one who takes care of it in this house either. but to forward your ports you'll firstly need to know what type of router you have, because like all televisions for example, each router has its own interface and forwarding ports is slightly different on each one, although the concept is largely the same. You will also need to know how to log into your router, which involves having a username and password. From your posts I can gather that you're probably also not the one who sets up internet and such, so this may be difficult. But if you can figure out the exact type of your router, there's lots of step buy step guides for forwarding ports floating around on the web for pretty much any type of router imaginable, and the username and password are often generic if you've never changed them. This can likewise be found in these guides as well.

2016-10-31 11:57:35

Well thanks for the explanation, however this then proves the thing will indeed be impossible to do.
It is in fact me who sorts the internet, however there is no username and password or anything like that. When I upgraded to the dsl connection in 2013, The engineer turned up, drilled the box into the wall (I assume that to be the rooter), I plugged in the ethernet cable and that was that. No  passwords or username or anything of the type.

There is a wireless network password which i use for connecting my Iphone and such, but this sounds like something different and i have absolutely no idea how to get into it since I never need to, indeed I thought the connection was mostly hardware.

since however I have no interest in trying to hack my system or mess with it it probably won't be possible, which is very annoying.

2016-10-31 19:50:24

Well forgive the double postage, but where I've had no progress in terms of servers, I will say I've had a few fun battles thanks to the new server review controls.

I have a couple of suggestions though as regards dec management:

first, I'd love a key press when editing a dec to see how many cards of each type is in each dec, eg,   60 total cards, 12 flying, 4 water,  46 normal.

I'd also love a key to create a new dec category, since while I know you can edit text files, it'd be nice to be able to have more than 12 decs in the game you could add to.
I confess I've not got the parry cards working yet, but we'll see, I've collected several from earlier gyms and am trying them out.

2016-11-03 01:45:16

Does any one no what mini games go with what board?

Words Are Hard

2016-11-03 08:44:59

Not exactly other than the theme, but then again it's always amusing to find out, I actually played haunted forest long before I unlocked the darkness world.
I look forward to seeing what gets added board wise  particularly in the future as there are so many random possibilities, and the boards are cool.

2016-11-03 14:33:13

@dark
it's a shame you can't forward your ports, i'd like to help you, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to.
regarding your question about usernames and password, you definitely have one.
All routers have a default username and password.
first, you need to know your Gateway link, and enter it in your browsers address bar. then, it will ask your for username and password, and when you enter the info, you'll be in the router's config page.
from there you can view a lot of data regarding the router, change wireless network name and password, open ports, and lots of other things that are uninteresting in this case.
crap, i had to study those things in university, i'm saying this so you know i really know what i'm talking about and it is not some random info from internet.
if you want, i can try to help you.
but have you tried to redirect ports via mini upnp from the game?

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2016-11-03 15:40:32

Hi.

That all makes sense. Unfortunately with upnp I think Avg blocks the thing. i've tried disabling avg but it still just causes a massive freeze that usually I can only get out of by resetting my computer, I suspect this is because I upgraded to avg internet security recently rather than the plane antivirus, but since I need to carry on using Windows Xp or at least ms office until my phd thesis is finished that seemed like a good idea (I don't want to risk any issues for obvious reasons), I will be getting a new machine in december and probably windows 10, so if it's an xp thing I can likely wait until then.
As to gateway links, where would I find this information? Sadly my service provider, while the service is good and they've got me a fast connection with lots of networking are realy! crappy with tech support, mostly because their tech support is provided by a lot of people halfway around the world (I think they're in india), with tick sheets of problems who don't know what they're doing and can't answer questions.

2016-11-03 21:55:32

To find your default gateway, go to your command prompt and type ipconfig. There should be an internal IP address on the line below the one that says default gateway. You'll have to virtualize the window to copy it, then paste that into your browser's address bar.

2016-11-04 13:11:52

Thanks drac I'll try that.

As regards Crazy party, I have now got the parry and reaction cards working, they rock, though of course having them in decs is a gamble since you can't be sure whether you'll get hit with something that reacts against them, still I've used them in a couple of decs which is cool.
I'd still like a way to create new decs and also know how many cards were in each.

As another suggestion, I love fighting the different gyms when I can't find anyone else to battle online, but obviously when a gym is out of cards it runs out of steam to fight them. It'd be nice if you could firstly be told when a gym was out of cards on the select menu to know which you still had to defeat, and secondly if there was some sort of reward for defeating a past gym the way you can get gems for defeating an adventure mode world with a high enough score, eg, if you manage to defeat a gym with a type that is weak to that gym's type, you get a gem.

then again I don't know what's planned in the future for battle opponents, since there are definite possibilities (a board mode where you could progress around the board and have random battles and! minigames against the computer would rock). So we'll see, I certainly am liking how things work thus far, though I wish I was having better luck with those dragon scales in the volcano since I still! haven't unlocked the desert world,  I keep running into the lava and getting cooked before I've found enough :d.

2016-11-06 01:22:08

Hi dark, to help you with your port forwarding issue, you'll want to do as instructed. Find your internal IP address, if it wasn't configured by you, or if the company left the default settings, it should be something like 192.168.0.1. It should hopefully bring you to a webpage that has a bunch of statistics about your router. There should be a way to log in, and again, if the system was left to default it will usually be admin admin, user, user, or admin password. That is to say the login user name and the password. If none of these work, the quickest way to get the correct info would be to call your ISP, and they'll let you know what it is, just ask for the login information for the equipment for your home network. Once you are logged in, you'll want to find an option that says gateway, or gateway settings, or ports port configuration port forwarding etc. Follow that link to a page, and there will be a list of various configurations, find one that says ports or port forwarding or just forwarding. If your router looks anything like mine, you will be presented with a list of edit boxes somewhere on the page. The easiest way to find the right one would be to press ctrl home, and then pressing E. Above one of them should be a series of numbers similar to the ones you used to access the router in the first place, the 192.168.0.1 number. except it will say 192.168.0 and then edit, indicating the last value for you to enter. This is the static IP address of the computer that will have the ports forward to. The next two edit boxes will likely be together, and will be asking for the range list of ports that you want to forward. When selecting a port, it's usually best to snag one above the 1000 line, as you may end up using another well traffic port accidentally, which would cause a lot of collisions. This will be the port number that other people will enter when connecting to your server I presume. Below this may be a combo box that says both, tcp, or UDP, select the both option and check the box that says enable. Navigate along the page until you see apply and it should be good to go. Now what you need to do is go to your control panel, find your network adapter by selecting view network and status, then tabbing to change network adapter. If your device is on wireless, the network may be called wireless, if you're going through hardwire, then you'll likely find one that is called local area connection. Highlight the network you are using and press the context menu, or right clicking with your screen reader. Find properties, and if you don't know how to get to this menu, I believe you can press ctrl enter on it and it will do the same thing. Once the properties menu is open, navigate down to ipv4 settings and select properties by tabbing a couple of times and pressing enter. One note here, your network may possibly be running IPv6, and if it is, this whole article may be entirely worthless, because I have never dealt with IPv6, consider asking your ISP what system they use if you need to call for login info. Onwards though, once the IPv4 properties are open, you'll want to find the combo box that says obtain and IP automaticly, and move it to the "use the following IP address" option. and enter the address that you entered to get to your router, and for the last digit, enter the number you entered in the first edit box of this walkthrough. So if I had entered 4, I would type 192.168.0.4 in this box. It's possible that the form fields are split up into four sections, if this is the case, you can just type in all of the numbers within the first box and they should automaticly spill over into the other boxes, but be sure to enter the .s as they are displayed in the address. Next will be the default gateway, which again will be that number you used to get to the router, 192.168.0.1 for our purposes. Next will be the sub net mask, which if it is default it will be 255.255.255.0, if it isn't default, unless you know binary, this is something you'll obtain quickest by calling your ISP and asking for your machine's sub net mask. If they ask why you want to know, tell them you are trying to set up an internal  static IP address. If they try some shpeel about only having static IP addresses for business accounts, tell them it's for an internal private network, and if they insist, ask to speak to a higher level network admin. Once you have this number, enter it in the fields. The next field will likely be the DNS, if you're lucky they should already be filled, if not, you can use Google's DNS which is 8.8.8.8, nice and easy. Once this is done, you should be good to go, select validate settings upon exit and press okay. You should now have traffic successfully port forwarded to your computer. HTH. This is also assuming you're using Windows, if not, the steps should still be similar. Good luck.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-11-06 13:20:50

Hi Sneak.
thanks for the instructions, however I'm afraid the complexity of this process really puts me off since I don't want to mess something up, particularly because as I said, my Isp's tech support is pretty dam dreadful, heck I doubt I could get the username and password from them, if it were one setting I could change and then change back possibly, but this involves far more potential to go wrong than I really want to tangle with right now and seems a waaaay too involved process for something as simple as just running crazy  party and manamon trades.

Maybe I'll try when I get a new computer around christmas.

2016-11-06 15:47:30

I'm sorry Dark. If you'd be okay with it, I can assist you by remote access through NVDA. I've never tried using it before, but shouldn't be too hard I think. If you're interested, my Skype is alexander16262, and twitter is alex_agostino.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-11-06 15:58:58

Thanks Sneak.

I think part of the problem is that currently I'm working very hard on what will hopefully be the final draught of my thesis, when that's done in a few weeks I'll have time to sort many things out, for now I'll just wait until people start up servers and try them out since my connecting to other people works fine.

2016-11-09 00:53:07

Please, people, could You explain to me, how to find corect mines in mine sweeper?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2016-11-10 19:31:05

Hints for minesweeper can be found in post 651. It's still on this page for me and I don't have my posts per page set very high, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it.

2016-11-10 23:59:03

does anyone know if its possible to unlock the dark world and not have to get through the intellectual world? i suck at math:(

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2016-11-11 12:49:40

Nope. As I've said previously just calm downn,  don't get freaked by the music, and above all practice, work out any questions in your head you got wrong when you've finished and go through the good old times tables.

2016-11-17 12:37:53

Hello!
First I really would like to congratulate every staff who were and still is working with this awsome game. Since I've started playing it I've got very addicted to mini games, and in some time to battles! As I'm kinder new in audiogames world, I've never seen such a game like this one, so many many thanks and congratulations to developer and all staff! Me and my friends can't get tired of playing this, and seems we became closer friends to each other cause we're sitting every evening playing Crazy party! big_smile  Just a few, if it may be called that, requests to people who's working in that... I'm not sure if it's exactly the game's problem itself, but for people whose net isn't stable it's a bit hard to play online because the connection timeout is not so long. I'm aware of that if it'd be longer the game would be stuck for others whose connection is fine though, so I'm just asking if there is something what might help to solve this issue. Sorry if it's not related to the game, but main cause of this question is that other applications are fine when there are little interruptions with internet for these people, only Crazy party getting disconnected.  And another thing I'd like to ask for... Is there anyway to play those microgames offline? I don't mind playing them with others but sometimes I feel I need some trainings before. big_smile  And the last question... Is there a way to rename decks if they're not txt ones? I guess it was possible before but not sure about now.   So, think it's all what I wanted to say here, many thanks again for this awsome and amazing game, and best wishes in developing it! smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2016-11-17 12:43:05

And @Joseph... If I'm not mistaken, you can unlock this world in the desert, think that's what I did cause I can't get through the intillectual one too. But it's not math problem... I suck at english, so sometimes don't understand those tascs what I should get through, or these tests big_smile which I can't remember how to respond on. And I messed up with a game about colors, really, have no idea how to compleet it.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2016-11-21 22:36:19

Is there a full list of the mini games any wear? just want to know if i have unlocked them all.

Words Are Hard

2016-11-22 01:05:06

Can we please have an option to disable the counting when a player moves on the gameboard? I find it quite annoying.