2016-05-30 02:38:34

I'm agreeing with you dark, I'm looking forward to trying this game to
smile
Luck on smashing those bugs Aprone!
big_smile

2016-05-30 02:53:51

minor suggestion: when we start reaching higher spaces like the 400 and 500 it should take us to new areas and reset the number so we won't be seing "spinks has reached space 183235" I just have a thing about really big numbers lol so for example when you reach space 400, then from there on out it can  say "the longest space spinks has traveled to was dungen Mystic space5" so basically every few hundred spaces the area will change. you probably can even spread out the monsters like that, certain areas have different monsters and spaces

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-05-30 05:36:48

Well this is odd, My fiance's computer which is a windows 7 machine was having issues, so I tried in ie11, and guess what? exactly the same rotten bug, no account or sign in for me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-05-30 11:32:21

Hi.
Wow, this game is really addicting and great. I just don't get how you set up a settlemen where other players can buy stuff.
I look very much forward to hopefully be able to play the game on my iPhone.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-05-30 16:52:08

@JasonBlaze no, currently you can play it without a gamer account. just tipe a random username and password and it will create an account for you.
@SLJ to make setelments you'd have to find a space called safe clearing. but most of those are already taken, because first players had first grabs, so the only way you can make new settelments is to somehow survive above 500.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-05-30 20:37:29 (edited by defender 2016-05-30 20:38:46)

Game seems to be down at the moment, but here is a bug report and a handful of suggestions in the mean time.

The bug is that stats for best players don't seem to be updating as of maybe two days ago, for instance, my ranger "PokyStabberson" managed to get to space 479, but it never actually updated, and a few logins later it was also reset back to my previous personal stats of 416.

Anyway, one of my suggestions would be to, yes, have an unlimited, or as unlimited as it can ever be, so probably 9999, game board in terms of number of spaces, but to reset everything either weekly or biweekly, depending on what the average speed of progress ends up looking like.  And buy everything I mean settlements and stats, as well as trap and enemy locations, which, while somewhat diminishing your personal achievements as a player, does give those that didn't get a chance before the ability to set up their own settlements, and carve out their own path, but it also makes the hole thing a brand new challenge when there are different stretches of safety and danger than there were before.

My other suggestion would be for the ability to exit the game at a settlement, just because otherwise if you don't want to play with that particular character any more, you don't currently have the option of quitting unless you die, which can often take a long time especially with the Warrior's armor.
I mean, yes it would be nice if eventually you could also save there and choose weather you wanted to start a new character or load from that one, but I doubt that ability is in the near future.

In addition, it would be kinda cool if each person was able to write one short message per character, like graffiti, at a settlement, and the last five or ten would be shown near the bottom.

To somewhat change the subject though, I really wish heavy rain didn't reduce your rage, I know it's poetic and all big_smile but too many things already do that.
I also just wanted to point out that, no, stars do not give you from 1 to 5HP, they always give you 1, and I wish it was 0 to 5 instead, because 1 is essentially useless.
I also wish that it would only happen on shooting stars, not just regular ones, since that makes less sense.
OH, and before I forget, mages also get 1HP from stars, which is a bit redundant, lol.

Mayana mentioned that it would be nice if you kept the rest of your rage after using it to blow up some poor bastard's heart, which, now that I've played as a warrior more, I also agree with.  That said though, I think the bar for that should be raised a bit, maybe to 3 or 4 rage, instead of 2 like I believe it is now, so that you can't do that again and again so easily.

Would it be possible to change the message about how many "swings" it takes to kill something to custom messages based on the class? such as blasts for mages, and shots for rangers?

2016-05-30 21:52:07

Lots of changes in the latest version.  I may forget something, but here are the ones I can remember.

The biggest thing is that now all browsers Should work with the game!  This was by far the largest bug to fix.
I have reset the map because I changed around some of the locations, and also adjusted how often each type shows up.
Warriors don't waste rage after a fight.  If an enemy only requires a few rage points, the rest is saved for the next fight.
Stars heal 5 health points now.
All locations that generated rage now generate 1 more rage point than they used to.
All 3 classes have 2 ways to play the character now.  Everyone starts with the default, but when you reach someone's settlement you are given the option to switch back and forth between the 2 available modes.
Warrior's second mode is Berserker mode.  In Berserker mode you take double damage and do not benefit from your armor.  The benefit is that each enemy you slay raises your maximum health by 1!  Choosing when to use this mode can work to building up a stronger character over time.
Ranger's second mode is Thief mode.  In Thief mode you only roll 1-3 when moving, but all gained gold is doubled.  If used correctly, this mode may lead to great wealth and better upgrades.
Mage's second mode is Lightning mode.  In Lightning mode your maximum health is lowered to only 15, but you are able to attack 1 time before enemies are even close enough to fight back.  As long as your spells are powerful enough, and you have mana, this may mean you don't even take damage from most enemies.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-05-30 22:08:18 (edited by Mayana 2016-05-30 22:12:32)

Hello,
@Aprone, the updates are awesome, at least from what it sounds like. there's only one problem. Well, at least one for now, I'm sure I'll find many more of them. When I loged in, I was surprised that there didn't seem to be any setelments yet. But when I came to a safe clearing, I guess I figured why. whenever you try to make a setelment on a safe clearing, it stops responding for a bit, then you get a page not found error.
Edit: it seems that someone was able to built a setelment, because it shows that one player was already able to help 3 players with their setelments. So I guess the problem is on my side, or in that tile, maybe someone built a setelment on it before me, or maybe it's my browser, who knows. will see if I can figure that out.

2016-05-30 22:13:33

Yikes, thanks for spotting that Mayana!  I seem to have broken the button, so I'm going to take the server offline while I fix it.

I also forgot to mention in my last post that settlement descriptions can be longer.  In the past they were limited to 64 characters, but that is far too short to write anything fun.  They can now be up to 512 characters long.

Every 50 spaces there is an Ancient ruins tile.  These are sort of bosses, or at least they can be.  I think I'll let people land on a few to figure out how they work.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-30 22:23:30

Probably I mensioned enough bugs for today, but still. I am playing with the ranger, and the arrow count doesn't show up, so I can't see how much arrows I have. I didn't try other classes yet so I can't yet say if it does the same for them, though I'll check that also.

2016-05-30 22:41:51

The arrows, and a few other small things, should be fixed now.  There was a bug causing the class mode variable not to be correctly set when a new character was created, and it was causing those little bugs.

I like the idea of toggles for sounds, and I also love the ideas for leaving either notes or some other type of customization on tiles for others to stumble upon.  To me, the content created by players is what makes the game fun.  Usually I was happy to land on settlements to get some much needed healing, but the first thing I'd check was the place's description to see if it was something cool.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-31 00:35:07

Wow! awesome new changes!
And nice work fixing the browser problem, now maybe Dark can finally play, lol.

The only reason I haven't made sounds and submitted them to you yet is because I didn't want to step on Kai's shoes, since he usually does your stuff, but if can't or doesn't want to I'd be happy to do so, since I know he's working on those additional maps for Preludeamals.

I don't really understand how embedding audio in to web pages works, aside from the fact that obviously when you click on a link you get the option of what program to use with most browsers, but if you did sounds, they'd need to be cross platform compatible.
Obviously MP3 is the default choice, everything under the sun can play it; but it tends to degrade allot at anything below 128KBPS.
I don't know if most computer browsers can play 3GP or AAC or not but I know most phones can.
Then there's SWF and FLV, aaaaaaa!
big_smile
Obviously there won't be high quality sounds either way but, some formats are much better at faking it, like OGG or MP3's using the Lame encoder instead of the standard PCM.

2016-05-31 00:53:57

I'm having an issue where I reach a settlement, and every button works apart from the change class option.  it gives me the option to change back to normal, even though I haven't changed, then the game crashes.

2016-05-31 01:37:50

Sure enough there was another bug (a 1 and a 2 were swapped Gasp!), and now that it's fixed the different class modes should work.

Defender, I still haven't checked with Kai to see if he wants to do sounds.  I'll ask, and if he doesn't feel like doing them, you'll be the next guy I ask.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-31 01:44:16

thanks as always!  This is a lot of fun. smile

2016-05-31 02:08:00 (edited by defender 2016-05-31 02:25:23)

Righto, I'm down for that.

Just thought I'd let you know that Jason's settlement at space 91 and Arman's settlement at space 88 have some new symbols that aren't printing right.
I could be wrong but, I think %22 is " and %3f is - but space 91 also has a %3A which might be a ' but I'm not sure.

Also, seems like exiting the game by dieing rather than creating a settlement doesn't return you to the login page.

Update:
%28 and %29 are ( and ) respectively.
I think %3b might also be ;

This seems like a simple problem, I don't know HTML or Java but, I've seen this happen before; maybe this will help?
http://scriptasylum.com/tutorials/encode-decode.html

I think that has a script there, I have no idea how compatible it is with what your doing though.

2016-05-31 02:26:29

I think the ok button might be broken after you die. Twice now, instead of returning me to the login page, it's given me a problem loading page message. I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-05-31 03:15:36

Thanks for the symbol info, and I think I've solved the OK button for after you die.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-31 04:43:12

Awesome, thanks for fixing the okay button, that was getting annoying, lol.

I just wanted to let you know, I've officially confirmed that when you attack an enemy, all your rage goes away, and the heart exploding thing doesn't happen any more either.
Do to a series of highly unfortunate events, I had 16 rage, and attacked a spider; and while I'm sure the rage certainly helped, I also lost all of it just on that one enemy, and it didn't go pop either. sad

2016-05-31 06:39:05

good job aprone, I like the update. and I came across a boss battle, I want you guys to see how this thing completely destroyed me. and keep in mind that I went into the battle with full health 32/32. lol this thing had me for breakfast lunch and dinner

You rolled a 6 and move forward.
Current location: space number 50. Guardian encounter.
A huge brain eating bear! This creature has 27 health and deals between 4 and 14 damage per attack.

You fought against the Wolf's demonic form bravely, but were ultimately killed in battle. You have gained 35 gold.
Berserker with 0 rage points. Any built up rage is used to intimidate your opponent, lowering its health by that amount before the fight even begins.
Your health is -102 of 32
Your sword deals between 1 and 6 damage per swing.
You have 47 gold coins.
The next 6 spaces that lie ahead of you are Stinging insects, Wrathful Viper encounter, Callie's settlement, Mayana's settlement, Corpse, and Darkness.

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-05-31 07:46:42

Yeah, the guardians keep annihilating me too. I have extremely horrible luck, it seems, because I've landed on that same damn guardian 3 times in a row now, lol.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-05-31 08:46:55

Hmm. I like the browser game idea. I wish we had an app though for convenience purposes. Also, will more co-op options be added? It's nice that there are lots of settlements dotted round the map, but it still feels largely singleplayer.

2016-05-31 09:13:04 (edited by the blasting gd 2016-05-31 09:14:51)

Nice game as always! However, I have a bug to report. When playing as a warrior, your current armor is not shown - neither on normal nor on berserker mode. In addition, my armor reduced the incoming damage from stinging insects from 2 to 1, even though I was playing in berserker mode, which should take off all my armor.

Errare humanum est!

2016-05-31 11:19:26 (edited by Mayana 2016-05-31 11:35:08)

The new modes are awesome. I love theath, I like having loads of money and traveling slower. The gardions are much overpowered though. I'm not sure if you can even beat them, if you don't have lots of rage, that is. I died 7 times so far, 5 or 6 times it was because of the gardions. If anyone at all managed to beat them, please, tell how. I can't, not even after I buy several upgrades. I allways land on 50 or 100, guess it's my destiny to allways die by the hands of the brain eating bear.

2016-05-31 12:59:17

hi
this game have sounds effects? or music?