2016-03-06 02:58:53

If you're interested in a mud with tons of features, skills, spells, races and classes, well, check out LuminariMud. We're constantly  updating and we're very responsive to requests and assists.
Join us today for a fun experience. We'll be taking in requests for features and other implements
on the game. We have a solid staff on the game, and we've been online with development for around 4 years.
Here are the available classes:
Wizard
Sorcerer
Cleric
Rogue
Warrior
Monk
Druid
Berserker
Paladin
Ranger
Bard

Locked classes
Some classes are locked, these are often called Prestige-Classes.
They get their name because in order to acquire them, they require
special selection of different races, classes, stats, skills, feats
etc.  You can find out the details of their requirements by viewing
the individual help files for each prestige-class.
Some races are also locked, we have two categories: advance and epic
races.  Advance and Epic Races require a lot more experience to gain
levels than the normal experience-tables.
To view what races/classes are locked , you can type help locked classes from the game.

We'll be adding in more classes. Also, We're trying to see if we can implement accessibility for the game client.
Enjoy a fun filled adventure with your friends or family when you connect.
There's quests and events on the game for every one.
Also, give your input and feedback on the game to help improve gameplay for everyone. there's staff almost all the time round. so to get a hold of the staff, shouldn't be a problem.
Check out http://www.luminarimud.com/ for more info.
Then point your favorite Telnet/MUD client to luminarimud.com port 4100
Join us today.
Also, vote for us on the following links.
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-luminarimud.html
http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_rank.cgi?

2016-03-06 04:16:59

thums hard for this topic! Will try for sure once I get to the university, which could be around 8 9 something hours from now.
Could you provide a little more info of how quests and stuff work?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-03-06 04:39:05

Is there a soundpack for the MUD?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-03-06 06:05:30

Quests work by talking to a mob to accept them then it'll tell you join quest number to join. I shal be on if you wana  jump on. No there's no soundpack just yet. how ever We're implemanting  the MSP protocal so every client that works with msp should work with the soundpack. that'll be coded in as soon as we can get too it. how ever, We're looking for someone who can code with mushclient doing soundpacks at the moment.

2016-03-06 06:49:45

Be sure to leave a comment about the game on here so everyone can see it. Hope you guys stop by and enjoy the game. There's always new features being implimanted. remember, We build what you like. so let us know. and it might even be possible to do.

2016-03-06 11:45:51

Hi.

just a couple of questions.
First, does the game have actual quests where you do things or are they auto kill quests? also, what about remorts and multiclass and stuff like that? Is the game more an aardwolf style hack n slash, or does it have more  things to do such as crafting and what not.

You mention "accessibility for the game client" well as you probably know, most Vi/blind players use clients that work with screen readers namely mushclient or vipmud.

If sounds and msp are being implemented this could be good (both will do it though you need the full version of vipmud), however how compatible with screen readers a custom game client would be I'm not sure. What would help would be things like low spam modes, )particularly in fast battles), and some commands to find directions or take the place of things like ascii maps (if any), which tend to be a pain with screen readers.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-03-06 17:18:35

Greetings, my name is Mosheh, my staff character on Luminari is named Zusuk.

Just to answer some questions and clarify:

We have 11 base classes as Rishi mentioned earlier, we have 3 prestige classes that are unlocked via account experience and the list of prestige classes will be every-growing.  There are 20 character levels with an additional 10 epic levels for a total of 30 levels.  The way the class system works is you can gain in any class as long as you qualify up to the grand total of 30 levels with a maximum of 3 classes.  An example of a maximum level character could be a 10th level warrior, 10th level cleric, 10th level wizard.

The mechanics are the game are heavily influenced from game systems such as Dungeons and Dragon 3rd edition, D20 and Pathfinder gaming systems.

The quests can be of various nature:  killing monsters, finding locations, turning in items, finding a NPC, assembling objects, etc.

Mr. Rishi has honored us with his presence on our staff to help us build the tools we need to make our game fully compatible with the VI community.

An example of this is you can skip our ASCII map while we work out a playable solution via a teleport object the player starts with.

Please we invite folks to log in the game and let us know how we can improve the interface for your gaming needs.

2016-03-06 20:50:35

Well, I started on the game last night. I have to say, so far this is one of the better DND style muds I've seen. The staff are present and friendly, and the magic system is pretty true to DND so far minus some of the annoyances. I'm only level five though so maybe higher level spells bring those back? I've seen item retrieval quests, crafting quests, and kill quests so far, and it looks like the crafting system has potential, but I haven't dabbled in that too much yet.

thanks,
Michael

2016-03-08 02:18:39

What's your name on there michael?

2016-03-08 05:05:54

I'm Arelaem.

thanks,
Michael

2016-03-09 08:41:30

Hi mackrishi! Could you say some words about wayfinding and crafting? I dont like to get lost in the world. Crafting is a very nice thing if it is usefull. Can you do something for other players? I like craftingplayerinteraction very much. It is funny if you can do something for other players what makes you more usefull in the community or a group.

2016-03-09 13:04:55

okay. Crafting is great. you can craft EQS. You can collect items to craft in your crafting  kit. We don't use waypoints like in alter eon or anything. but we do use teleporters. These teleporters helps us to move around the game. you can teleport to any zones on the game. If you type recall, it takes you back to where you started off on the game. the teleporters takes you to safe places in the zone. then you can explore around from there. If there's anything I left out, let me know.

2016-03-09 14:03:39

OK, crafting sounds nice. I will give it a try soon. Watch out for someone called breekon. This will be my name.

2016-03-10 15:53:52

What I liked about the game when I actually played was the quests followed an overarching storyline. Much better than "Kill this cause he killed a dog!" quests. Super busy now unfortunately, but hoping at some point I can start playing again when that all calms down.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2016-03-10 20:04:27

Hm, let's check it out. I love muds, but the school is getting hard. sad Anyway, i'll be druidah if someone interested.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-03-10 21:33:18

the quest thing sounds interesting indeed, particularly for someone like myself who's more of a solo exploring and questing type of fellow. I'll see if I can give this one a look.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-03-10 23:48:38

hi,
without soundpack that's a bit strange,
if you can do sounds that would be great

2016-03-12 08:24:56

Hi.
Has anyone figured out where the mosswood mushrooms the wizard wants are? I looked in pretty much all areas around the village but can't seem to find them.

2016-03-12 09:45:53

I agree, a sound pack would be great.

2016-03-14 00:00:45

Hi! I am a builder on this great MUD!
My immo char is Gushi, normal one Gushasad

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-03-14 08:48:16

I joined just today. My character on there is Uair, as I am on 6Dragons and Clok.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-03-15 03:14:48

This game looks so great, but the thing that holds me back is that it deals with systems that I am utterly unfamiliar with.  I want to just start out and easily choose stuff.  Stat rolling and the like tends to feel a little insurmountable to me, but I'll give it a go.  You have a lot of systems and updates that look great.

2016-03-15 11:27:45

I'll probably get back into mudding once I find a nice, easy to use lightweight mud client that's free.

It's a pitty the developer of RealityMud lost the source code.

That thing was perfect.

I still have one of the latest versions, but I don't think the source code was included with it, otherwise I could just send it to him.

It's very similar to the old gMud, only this thing works with NVDA.

You don't need a soundpack to enjoy muds, I was using this client to play AlterAeon, and it worked quite well.

I might see if it works with this one, but I want to be able to do what I want.

All these classes get confusing, not to mention grinding for days, just to level up.

Grinding is probably what made me stop playing AlterAeon, I hope this isn't like that.

Endless grinding is enough to make anyone stop playing.

2016-03-15 13:28:25

One question I have about stats is are the stats fixed once they're rolled? I always love games where you can progress and have the possibility to improve your character, but saying "oh dear the gods of random generation didn't smile on you, so your character is always a wimp"   is never something I like in games too much sinse it feels too much like "oh dear you can't progress now because you didn't roll well at the start"

As to grinding well any game with battle has a little grinding just because you can't really have quests all the time, it's just a matter of giving you interesting areas to hunt in and   foes to fight, and having the grinding set up in minimal enough amounts to keep you thinking your getting somewhere, rather than you needing to kill 200 rats in the sewers to progress from level one to level 2 where upon you get one new spell which isn't that useful, and then having to kill 200 snakes in the forest, the same goes at higher levels.

Generally I find if I've played for two or three hours in the same area at the same level fighting the same monsters and don't have anything new it feels far too much like repetitive work and not much like a game, or even if I've had to grind for days in the same six or seven areas.

That happened in Alter, I'd get to a point,get sick of current areas and then leave because it seemed I was getting no where and was sick of fighting the same monsters, usually only going back when more areas got added to the game to play in.

For me it's not really anti grinding, sinse hay someone who is willing to play for 7 or 8 hours at a stretch deserves to progress, it's just about having enough variety to keep me interested enough to want! to play for 7 or 8 hours, sinse seeing and killing the same monster over and over again for hours on end with no tactics, variety or choice can get fairly old fairly fast.

2016-03-15 19:13:30

You can increase your stats, although it's something like once every five levels? It really is pretty faithful to DND rules. The mud looks relatively young so there don't seem to be hundreds of areas yet, but if it lives up to it's potential, it will be an awesome place to be.

thanks,
Michael