2014-11-15 19:32:29

Greetings!
Just to let the community know, we have started the work on more activities which will include comets in them, for instance:
*ice scraping
*gass harvesting with a vehicle
The two above will be able to be done with the same vehicle.
We ask you to be patient, however. Coding in such a huge variety of different random chances, setting the values and variables and such is not going to be a walk in the park, and is going to take time.
Thanks for your support!

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2014-11-15 21:10:39

Greetings!
The general shopping program and the 'shop'command have been updated to match the upgrade search program on the info comps. When using the normal shopping program on the info computers, or the 'shop' command with arguments, the results now show the status of the found items.

As long as we code something, we are truely alive... But only when the code benefits our players, that's when we're high up in the sky! :)

2014-11-16 02:55:41

Greetings!
We would like to let you all know that we have disabled the alternative ports for Prometheus to lower the risk of attacks.
So the only port through which you can connect is now
We have also enhanced the server's protection.

2014-11-16 19:49:50

I'm liking all the changes, although commet harvesting leaves a little to be desired at the moment. Currently your ship takes damage at a staggeringly high rate, which wouldn't be so bad if repairing everything didn't take upwards of 5 minutes even with upgraded repair. I literally spent all day filling up my harvester, for a payment that was nowhere near the effort required. Also, missioning is seriously overpowered in terms of points. People can effortlessly gain status in minutes since multi person missions are so short. It takes a lot of the challenge of getting your status up, since you can just mission away and gain status with relatively little effort. Just my thoughts.
Mike

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up

2014-11-16 22:10:53

Greetings!
Thanks for the feedback!
We realized that harvesting comets does, indeed, damage your ship too much, and have decreased the damage rates.
Also, we have decreased the point rewards for missions. A diff is a diff, yes, but it's not an overpowered diff. Not anymore, at least.

2014-11-17 22:04:00

Greetings!
We have added combat ship fleets to each planet. These fleets have 40 vessles each, and three diferent vessle types, and they will be used to help pilots defend the galaxy.

2014-11-17 23:34:58

Now you can donate Prometheus cash to permanently increase the number of the fleet combat ships of the chosen planet. The command is
fleet-donate

2014-11-18 08:03:16

while some of the building is rather straight forward, how precisely do the finer aspects work?  for instance, how does one go about determining the strength of their ship's shields?  Is that based on status, or based on how many shield modules you buy, or something else entirely that I haven't brought up?

other than these small intriguing and somewhat enigmatic questions which are not covered in the help file, I haven't the slightest problem with the game whatsoever.  Lag was somewhat nasty tonight, but there is a lot to be said for how fast it was fixed.  so far, so good!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2014-11-18 08:32:46

Greetings!
@nocturnus: The amount of shield units is based on your starship's charge. Because shields are pure energy, the charge for them is taken from your starship's batteries. When installing shield modules, the game will ask how many units you would like to give the ship, and also tells the maximum amount.
When building ships, you can now change the place of the repairing functions to another room with the 'eng' command.

2014-11-18 11:05:47

Greetings!
For those who can see, a much more visual starmap is now in place, and is automatically activated once the blind mode is off.
Also, some messages with the exits, such as 'You can't go that way', have been given colors.
Enjoy!

2014-11-18 15:07:50

hey PrometheusMOO,

In regards to your game in general, I think one of the features that makes it stand up in the croud is, ship customization.
I suggest putting that feature in focus in your first post, and in your advertising in general.
TBH That's pretty much the reason that i'm playing, I want to get some high status and build a medium ISD flagship.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up

2014-11-18 16:21:05

Weeeeee!  This thing is just, awesome!  that is all.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2014-11-19 07:25:38

Greetings!
Bringing to you...
construction facility upgrades!
The shop is located at Station Alpha17 in sector 37, north, north and northeast of the landing platform.
Enjoy!

2014-11-19 13:00:52

Hello everybody!
A new command for starship builders:
change-exits
has been implemanted!
With this one you can change the exits leading to other rooms.
For instance, if there is a weapons room to the north but you'd like to change it to be to the south instead, type 'change-exits', then north, then south, and answer yes.
Important Note!
Make sure to change the exits in the destination room to match the changed directions, otherwise the design will the most probably look really weird.
Happy building!

2014-11-20 01:44:27

Greetings!
The official Prometheus website is online! Just point your web browser to
http://server.inner-visions.org:1111/
Enjoy!
P.S. We would like to get feedback about the website. Whether or not things are well-arranged, and stuff like that.

2014-11-21 14:14:45

Hey all. I must say I'm loving this game! I have a little problem though. I tried one of the missions and my lasers aren't able to hit the ships. This is the second mission. I cannot jump out of the system, so I finally used the escape pod. The problem of course is now I have a ship floating out there somewhere. Is there anyway to get it back? Can I pay to have it pulled back?
Thanks

Thumbs up

2014-11-21 21:47:51

Greetings!
We appologize to any of you who might have gotten the website displayed as raw HTML.
The handlers of HTML requests have been corrected, and the website should now load correctly.

2014-11-22 03:52:24

Greetings!
who male
and
who female
are now used to show the active players of a certain gender.
Happy gaming!

2014-11-22 23:47:07

Greetings!
A few nice changes we've made:
*Friendly starship has been added into the list of alerts you can toggle. Also, hopefully, the messsages of something being detected in the sector are now grammatically correct.
*From now on, NAVI uses the sublight drive only when the edge of the sector is 10 or more units away, and when the drive is fully charged, obviously.

Happy playing!

2014-11-23 04:59:19

The very few times I think I'm angry with the game, I can honestly look back and admit that No, I'm not so angry with the game as much as myself for not having thought about a thing or two that are actually common sense, or perhaps because I took a risk and it actually, well, didn't pay off.  :d

Thumbs up

2014-11-23 08:59:50

Greetings!
This has been suggested before, and now it is truth!
Pet tracking is now possible with informational computers. Just go to Pilot/tracking and choose option 2.
Enjoy!

2014-11-24 06:42:33

Greetings!
You just gained more control over apartments and ships under construction, because fingerprint scanners are now added by adding them to individual rooms! This means that what you type is no longer only 'fingerprints', but
'fingerprints exitname', and that you can now give user A and user B the rights to go north, while user C can only go south, for instance; the system is no longer adding all at once.
Note: You will the most probably have to re-add those fingerprint scanners you had in your ships and/or apartments before this change.
Enjoy!

2014-11-24 09:58:17

Greetings!
Many of you probably have been waiting for the following improvement:
A new, smart shop behaviour has been put in place. This works in most shops, exceptions include vehicle, starship, and weapon shops at least.
If you are listed as an owner on any ships at the landing pad of the planet where the shop is at, the game now asks, after ordering the item, whether or not you would like it to be delivered to a starship.
Enjoy!

2014-11-24 16:01:41

Goody!  Just what the doctor ordered!

Thumbs up

2014-11-24 19:00:31

Greetings!
A suggested feature has been added!
You can now create in-ship commlinks between rooms with the 'rpa' command. Valid arguments are: link, unlink, linked, or <a custom message>.
Once you have one or more rooms linked and you type in a custom message such as 'rpa hi', the game sends it to only those of the linked rooms having active occupants.
Enjoy!