2007-08-02 02:46:12

Hi, I'll talk to you about my webhosting suggestions on MSN. But there is a way to get a free domain, and I think Ryan Smith could help us with that. As for webspace, 1111mb.com is pretty good for that.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-08-02 03:51:51

yup. thanks ike

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-02 03:53:06

Arjan had a great idea for the name of the company. He thought of Ear Games. If you don't know why the name Ear Games is so great think about it. What do you use to play audio games? I am posting this poll for everybody to vote on. Post your vote. Please keep it clean. A message with just the vote  would do, please.

1. AT Games
2. Ear Games

The vote will be released on Sunday of this week.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-02 03:54:38 (edited by Mike 2007-08-02 03:55:41)

Tristan! If you're still there, go back on MSN. Thanks. Btw I vote for Ear Games.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-08-02 04:03:14

I hope you don't mind that I vote, but I like Ear Games.

Thumbs up

2007-08-02 04:04:13

the team will think about the final vote. This does not mean it won't just be what the team wants.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-02 04:07:12

Hi,
The AT Games team will be thinking a little bit about the final vote I vote for Ear games lol i cant vote can i? But we will not and cannot decide the final
vote. I am not like that.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-02 13:46:38

Ya know I have one thing that I don't like about Ear Games. The improfessionalism of it. What do you think, forum?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-03 00:29:04

Any worries about professionalism will be quashed if or when you release some games, and I think there are probably a few people going to be concerned you're just a bunch of people making a company because you can until this happens so I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the name making you sound unprofessional.

Now if you could make ear stand for something...

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2007-08-03 01:32:23

hi

i think atgames sounds good. it give you a better impression.

Thumbs up

2007-08-03 15:49:02

Yeah. Because we make software too. And look at post number 1 if you want to know about the name.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-04 08:59:32

well. accessible technology games. what if they're not accessible?
ear games. what if you can't play them using your ears?
kind of the same thing really, but you're right.

Thumbs up

2007-08-04 18:30:15

what if you cant play ear games by ear? Now that would be pointless.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-04 18:31:51

*agrees with chaman*

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-05 05:34:18

Personally I think you should call it Kop Killah Games, because what could be more radically awesome of a name? None, that's what! Lol!1
Regarding the games you mentioned way back: sure. GO nuts.

James

2007-08-06 21:22:56

Just a piece of casual advice to the topic creator: try to avoid repetitive and nearly pointless posts. If you're going for professionalism, it's a good idea to try and handle things in comple sentences that are, for the most part at least, grammatically correct and free of typographical errors.
I'm going to be dead honest here, and I mean no offense: this whole thing seems a bit slapped-together and rushed. I don't exactly doubt that you folks will produce, but I have my reservations about how well it'll be done. Any one person or group of people can say, "We're called such-and-such and we're going to make games!", but there's a huge difference between saying and delivering. I dunno...perhaps it's just the way you're coming across combined with my innate mild cynicism.
I do wish you the best of luck, but believe if you're going to have a company name like Ear Games, you should make Ear an acronym. Perhaps Enhanced Audio Reality or something...I just made that up on the spot and I know it probably sucks.
A few suggestions for company names that are neither your current one nor your proposed one follow:
Audio Eye Interactive
Audiscreen

I'm rather busy currently so I can't come up with much. My apologies.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2007-08-07 02:19:43

Hi,
Sorry for the "non-action" at atgames. The vote is off (sorry again, guys!) Heres the name:
ACE Games
ACE=Accessible Computer Entertainment
Domain coming soon. Sorry team about the short notice news. ACE Games conference has been moved, to next Sunday. I wasn't available on last Sunday that's why.
I will post in about an hour, when the domain is ready for "publicity".

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-07 02:41:51

Will the games you create be freeware or shareware?

Thumbs up

2007-08-07 04:02:45

Hello. Because of this argument between Tristan and Damien, which may include going to court. I have quit because I think the team is better without me. The games as of now will be freeware.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-08-07 08:03:47

jayde. do these names have any copyright?
smile

Thumbs up

2007-08-07 10:13:05

Not that I'm aware of, nope. But I must admit the ACE acronym is a bloody good one. Nice show on that, and sorry if mine kind of sucked.

Another note I want to bring up, this one indirect and really not much of my business but I'll speak anyway:
The issue in question about  torrents or stealing space or whatever, between Tristan and Damian or whatnot? Extremely unlikely to go to court if a lot of money wasn't lost somehow in the transaction. If it's just a squalble of who got to use what, or who got to use what, and can be construed as a misunderstanding (which is honestly how it seems, but I'm also far on the outside), courts will ignore you flatly and so will lawyers. I therefore advise whatever parties are involved to try and settle the dispute privately rather than try to do it via court systems...it's far less messy that  way, and besides, the winner has a good chance of getting small damages that the loser cannot put forward, and while I definitely agree that stealing or false representation might be a very bad thing, I don't believe it's in the audio games market's best interest to make any sort of publicity, however small, with negativism such as this.
Of course, since I am a stranger as said before, you can feel free to ignore me.

Thumbs up

2007-08-07 16:30:37

Hi. This notice is to say that I quit ACEGames too. I joined up with Damien! I am now a sound designer for x-sight interactive! Woohoooo!

Thumbs up

2007-08-07 17:02:15

what? ok. i just wish you the best of luck.... i really do. i've known people to be kicked out, me included, for a reason that is very dum. very dum indeed. but it's also an understandable reason, as it was in my case. i was documentation writer and then i got kicked out about a month lter, he said that programmers should be able to write their own read me's. i thought and thought. and now i've decided, what about spell checking? making sure everything makes sence? but no. he wants to do it all himself. he's being... very... selfish. sorry guys for this post but i have to say this. beware.

Thumbs up

2007-08-07 22:02:27

My way of seeing it is simply this: a programmer should indeed be willing and able to write their own readme files to explain how their stuff works, but if they want to get others to do it...fine. To wish to do the whole thing (including the readme) by oneself is not selfish, per se...a little on the controlling side, but there's no real flaw in that.
Oh and...as far as spell-checking and whatnot goes? Programmers have to be even more meticulous about what they write, since a single tiny typo in just the wrong place could cause no end of mayhem. Take it from me. I'm slowly learning PHP and I've seen the guts of the battle file I'm currently trying to flesh out, and I've made I don't know how many goofs!

Thumbs up

2007-08-08 00:23:28

Ok, thanks guys. If he kics me out I dont know what to do. Maybe wait, for the next time ACEGames forms come and ask tristan if I can join. but that only if damien kicks me out.

Thumbs up