2016-06-07 03:39:56

Hello All,
  I seem to be having some trouble with getting a few pokemon.
First of all, when I beat my rival on the 7th floor of the Sylph Co building, I found the guy who was supposed to give me a Lapras. It appeared as if he gave me the pokemon, but it didn't show up in my team, even though I had an empty slot for it.
Next, when I beat the Fighting Dojo master, I chose the Hitmonlee. Alas, the very same thing that happened with Lapras happened.
Last, but certainly not least, when I try to capture the Snorlax west of Celedon City, I get two to three turns into the battle and my game freezes and I'm forced to restart.
AhhI almost forgot, when I try to evolve my Pikachu with a thunderstone, it manages to evolve into Raichu, but the game freezes right after that.
I hope someone can shed some much needed light on these issues.

2016-06-07 12:33:59 (edited by pulseman45 2016-06-10 10:02:43)

I don't think I can help for your two first questions, because I didn't try to get these two pokemons.
As for the Snorlax, if I remember correctly, the fatal error occurs when it uses Yawn. In fact Yawn is supposed to put your pokemon to sleep at the end of the next turn, but here it causes a fatal error.
So whenever Snorlax use Yawn, switch to another Pokemon of your team and it should be fine.
Also keep in mind that this release is currently quite buggy, for some bugs there's nothing we can do except waiting for it to be fixed, so I wonder if there's a way to get pokemons such as Lapras at the moment.
Still don't hesitate to ask if there's a problem.

2016-06-07 16:16:06

is the thunder stone at the end of the list.  it seems like that if any items that are on the end of the list when used will cause the game to crash.

2016-06-08 21:39:00

Hi.
Once again, I have to say how much I love this project .  The random Pokémon option is definitely an interesting twist on things as well ,  especially later on when people want to do  Nuzlocke  challenges .
I have a question though, what generations of Pokémon are you planning on including?   I admit I do have a fond spot for generation three especially,  as I  used to play those games with a friend when I was younger .

2016-06-10 08:50:23

Hello All,
  Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how the Seafome Islands work?
I read a walkthrough that describes how to move the boulders, but I'm not sure which boulders are which.
Furthermore, the walkthrough describes going northwest from the entrance to the first boulder, but there is no boulder in either the western or eastern exits.

2016-06-10 09:49:33

Well, I didn't find any boulder in this place even though I know there are some, so I guess I should also follow walkthroughs.

2016-07-11 18:04:05

does anyone have the latest update to the game? the link on the first page does not work....with all the talk of pokemon go, I have the urge to play this

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-07-14 15:24:15 (edited by pulseman45 2016-07-14 15:24:57)

The latest test version is on post 1662 of this topic.

2016-07-15 05:45:25

I need help! I just got the game from post 1662, and i opened the folder. I see a file called braillemon1400.exe. I try to open it and i get a game maker studios bad image diologue. I don't know what to do. What should i do?

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2016-07-19 17:12:50

Their should be a file called savegame.enc, or something like that.
Try removing it, and the game should launch with no problem.
Please be aware, the game crashes when you close it with escape, then entering Y in the box and pressing enter on windows XP.
The dev knows about this, however.
Later!

2016-07-23 17:48:14

Hi there.
Is the latest version of the game still 1.400?
Making sure I'm not missing anything.
Thanks a ton!

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2016-07-27 10:31:02 (edited by pulseman45 2016-07-27 16:11:49)

There is no news of another update either on this site or on Rachel's blog, and the test version is also named BRAILLEMON1400.exe, so it is still the last version.
I am looking forward to the next update, but the fact it does take quite some time to come somewhat makes me feel better on a thing. That thing is that battle system glitch I found and I seamingly had quite a bit of trouble explaining.
So the more time the update takes to develop, the more probable that glitch has been understood/experienced and corrected. There also are other glitches but this one got me worried more because the game may incorporate online in the future.

2016-07-27 17:22:26

of Create Event
for object Item:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [1,1] out of range [5,1] - -1.itemlist(100618,32001)
at gml_Object_Item_Create_0
############################################################################################

2016-08-03 15:58:56 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-03 16:06:24)

Well, I watched a stream of Braillemon test version, and that one glitch that makes a pokemon inflict damage equivalent to it's *own* remaining hps never seamed to happen. So I wonder what's happening with my game.

2016-08-04 23:44:04

That didn't work, i deleted the save file, but i still got the error game maker studios, bad image diologue. What should i do. Do you guys have a fixed braillemon game you can send me?
  And now, some other questions. What generations of pokemon does the game have, canto, joto, etc. And, has dagonite given up on this game? If so, it would be a shame. It's the only pokemon audiogame out there.

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2016-08-05 20:43:53

So I thought you guys might like to know there’s a petition to make Pokemon Go blind accessible. Apparently the changes would be pretty simple to implement. The petition just started up about a week ago, and it’d be really great to spread the word and keep up the support for it, since success could mean a gateway to encourage more companies to make mainstream games playable! Here’s the link:
https://www.change.org/p/john-hanke-nia … id-and-ios
Hopefully we can really get this up and running and spread the influence of accessible Pokemon games!
Now I’ve got to go catch up to the Braillemon release that pesky college and work distracted me from keeping up with for so long big_smile.

2016-08-06 00:28:56 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-06 00:41:12)

@pokeboss: For the moment there's only Kanto at this point, but Daigonite said there will also be Joto later. I don't think she gave up on the game, though I wish she could post news more often, but she probably has her reasons.
Also, I do have a working Braillemon on my PC, so I'd be happy to send it to you, but I don't know how to do it.
@bjaxstriker: Actually I was quite surprised to know Pokemon Go wasn't accessible, especially as the main series itself is quite accessible, to the point I wonder if the featuring of braille in Gen 3 was really a coincidence.
Then, Pokemon Go wasn't developed by Gamefreaks if I remember. To me the real problem is that, if I understood well, Pokemon Sun & Moon will feature angle base dmovement similar to what's done in Lumios City. That's quite a bad path they took in term of accessibility.
I wonder if Gamefreaks know about  the accessibility  of their games in the first place. Especially Junichi Masuda; who played the biggest role in making Pokemon accessible and who's now the director for Pokemon games.

2016-08-10 00:17:01

Anyone find the Bolders on Seaphome Island? I can't find them the ones to block the current.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-08-11 20:06:30

Pulsemn, i knew about pokemon go which is not accessible at all, and i wasn't surprised at all. I cn't imagine for myself the accessibility of this mobile game.

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2016-08-14 17:41:58 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-14 17:47:04)

It's not a big surprise I have to say. Only when you compare it to the main series.

2016-08-22 20:30:48 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-22 20:36:48)

Found out Rachel published the game's sources on the Braillemon blog. She says she will do one more update (which will still contain some bugs) and then focus entirely on Colors. We'll have to find just how buggy that update will be, but if I understood well; if we want a fully fixed version, we'll have to hope that someone experienced with Game Maker Studio takes the time to do it, unless Rachel does it after finishing Colors.
Here's the page where the article is:
http://braillemon.tumblr.com/

2016-08-23 16:24:56

Yep, not surprising. Yet another dev abandoning a great project. Stick to manamon if you want a real pokemon like experience.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-08-25 02:27:22

not surprised at all. I somehow knew that was coming.

2016-08-25 02:47:26

will the game be taken over?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-08-25 04:43:02

I don't think game maker is accessible to code for, so doubtful. I will not be supporting colors because of this.

Take care, it's a desert out there.