2013-09-01 15:15:23

The account ahmad is having a bizarre issue on attempting to log in. Login information is entered successfully but on login he is seeing a server timeout error. I'm not entirely sure what's causing this seeing as the site when he isn't logged in is working normally.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-09-01 19:32:51

Hmmm, what sort of server time out error? and is he indeed taking ages to log in? I never encountered such an error myself, and since I cleared my temporary internet files today I had to log in from scratch with not even the password, and obviousls it worked fine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-03 00:35:44

The error as shown:

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
?The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
?If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

For some bizarre reason a thread or page loads successfully then he is redirected to the page showing the error message. He's tried both browsers , if he hadn't I would think this was a browser issue.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-09-03 09:28:54

Hmmm, that doesn't sound like a site problem, and the fact that I've never seen this myself makes it a little hard to replicate. Either he is! indeed taking too long to log in, or perhaps there is a problem with his net connection, (that would obviously affect multiple brousers).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-03 11:16:25

What type of connection is he on? Has he recently changed any of his network equipment since when this was an issue?

The only thing I know of which causes these types of symptoms are MTU issues, which don't show up unless the site just happens to deliver a very large page. Try getting him to change his network interface MTU to 1400 and test to see if the problem still exists.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-08 14:55:48

hi all

so i don't know if I'll be bannd for doing this but i really didn't find a way to get passed this
i created a new account
this is me
the same person.

Ahmad that is
i couldn't log in to my  previous account
so i created this one
and it  works fine unlike the other one

i tried logging out from this account then log in with the previous account i got the same error that the user stewie has mensioned above
i hope what i did didnt violate a rule or something.
thanks much
ahmad.