2007-01-17 02:34:38

Also:
I've now found the red door, gotten the bazooka. But I still can't find the red key. Is the red key somewhere inside the blue door? If so, I'm just not seeing it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-01-17 04:31:02

Jayde wrote:

I will correct the readme.txt file and resubmit it if you like.

I express gratitude for your help.

Jayde wrote:

Also:I still can't find the red key. Is the red key somewhere inside the blue door? If so, I'm just not seeing it.

The passage with fire-balls has two perpendicular branches. Nearby branch has the red door. and the far (south) branch  has blue door. You run through  the blue door and search a door (with long room and three robots) at east end of this branch.. This room has red key (may be, you must jump over a pit in this room, may be, I am mistaken about the pit),  .

2007-01-17 04:59:24

Technoshock is the best game I've seen come out yet; perhaps even better than my personal favorite, Shades of Doom (time will tell).  Thanks for making such a great game.  I'm currently on level 4 (and I made it their with no help... I'm awesome) currently bouncing between rooms.  I'm sure I'll figure out the mystery soon though.  I love this game!

James

2007-01-17 06:09:13

I'm actually feeling like an idiot currently because I keep asking questions and, with only one exception thus far, figuring out the answers myself via trial and error.
I took the fourth load slot for a spin, explored that area near the red door with full health and fairly good ammo...and found exactly what was being talked about. Got the red key, got all the other crud, found my way to L5 but with about 9 health, and will take L5 for a spin (a true one) when I actually go through and beat L4 all the way through by myself).
Sorry for asking all these stupid questions, by the way.

I will have the readme.txt document proofed within the next fifteen hours. Where do you want it posted/sent?

2007-01-17 09:26:07

found my way to L5 but with about 9 health,

it is impossible! You could take a medkit before open an elevator door. The medkit is 20 % of health.

I will have the readme.txt document proofed within the next fifteen hours. Where do you want it posted/sent?

Send to e-mail, that  is placed in readme.txt (in the Feedback section).

2007-01-17 10:36:36

Missed the medkit that time. This time, I got it, but L5 is a real tough one! Stupid belts!
You've got to have some mighty impeccable timing, and the enemies seem tougher, but that could just be me. I am dying for a toilet or a medkit at this point.

2007-01-17 13:15:59

Heh. Level 5 is a treat.
I really really really hope that maze of pits, massive open flames and fireballs leads someplace and isn't just a repository of items. Because if it doesn't lead anywhere I'm going to hit something. There have got to be dead ends, too, because I'm in a place currently where I can ether go back the way I came, forward and slightly to the left to find massive open flames, or almost due left (trackng backward goes to the right and down) to fnd a pit with no end. ...Yay.

2007-01-17 13:49:00

Well. In the second story, I seem to enter a door and then hear a click and bang! I'm dead. I know it is for that grenades, but, well, how to know which door I am not allowed to open? You know, I turn around and in a while loose the sense of direction and things... You know what I mean.

2007-01-17 19:46:28

Okay, it's official, I love L5! Just challenging enough to be annoying, not quite annoying enough to drop. I did it!

...But I think L6 may have a problem. Unless I'm missing something.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

Okay...in L6 there are two items, a couple acid pits and a switch. Walking up to the switch and clicking it will kill you, because a bunch of floor tiles drop out and you happen to be standing on one. However, the switch also opens a section of wall which, until it's open, doesn't show up as anything but wall.
So okay...I've devised that one must shoot the switch from far back.
Problem: I've been just about everywhere and lined up all sorts of wicked shots, but every time I try, I fall and die.
There's either a solution I'm not seeing (I've been trying various tricks for half an hour now) or else there's a glitch. Even a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Very very ingenious little puzzle, BTW!
Oh, and I loved the enemy at the end of L5. Freaked me right out! Never has artificial intelligence sounded so...haunted.

2007-01-17 20:38:15

Wanna see an absolute kick in the teeth?
I have a save file on L6, at the place I mentioned in my last post. The one time I manage to get through the doorway thing, I save just after clearing it. Well...I got killed because I opened a door and got a rocket in the face. I reloaded, and, get this: there's high voltage directly in front of me, my character can't move, and it says I've failed. I've gotten lucky twice and it asks me to input the correct code, but the joke's on me because I didn't write it down. Besides, when I actually saved I wasn't touching the electricity so I don't see why I'm now stuck on it. Definite glitch there.

2007-01-17 20:42:49

Lol! Bad luck!

2007-01-17 20:57:18

Levels 1-3 are a snap, L5 is tricky at some points but not bad...it's L4 I really don't like much.

Slight spoilers ahead:
In the room with many mines, you have two worthwhile choices:
1. If you have a hand grenade, chuck it and RUN!!! Right back out the way you came, and you're still likely going to take a little damage.
2. Save just inside the door, preferably after killing the soldier in here cuz he'll annoy you otherwise. Then tiptoe your way around.

If you already have the trapped red key, however, this room is utterly useless to you. Go to the end (because it means you've likely already discovered the elevator).

2007-01-17 22:07:33

i'm stuck.
so i go through a door on levl 2, kill 2 robots. get some items. go back. flick that fireball switch. duck under a few. but then, where do i go?
all the doors require keys and the one that doesn't leads to a pit, with another "keyed" door at the end.

2007-01-17 22:31:15

Slight
spoilers

Level 4 has to be one of my favorite levels; I love that timed dor maze (following the medkit etc) and Level 3's awesome design.  There's a ton of stuff that you might not notice unless your careful; some, like the switch in level 4 (which I figured out after falling down that huge pit like five times) look like they're the way out of a level.  We definitely need more accessible games with this kind of challenge.  I'm on level 5 trying to navigate the afformentioned maze of fireballs; I got through two passages.  This game is really awesome - I can't stress it enough (hey, positive feedback increases the chance of more stuff like this coming out).

James

2007-01-17 22:57:50 (edited by Anatol 2007-01-18 07:04:59)

aaron wrote:

i'm stuck.so i go through a door on levl 2, kill 2 robots. get some items. go back. flick that fireball switch. duck under a few. but then, where do i go?

Go to a passage end,  from which fire-balls come. There is a door without any key.

2007-01-18 03:13:51

Slight
spoilers

Aaron: if you are facing the switch, the door you're seeking is to your left. You need to step back a couple paces, strafe left, then move directly forward. The Duck command is very much your friend, else you're going to get pulverized.

To the other poster navigating the fireball maze, I want to offer one tiny tidbit that may relieve frustration, but it is
slightly
spoiler
tastic:
Think of it as an accordion...strafe right, go up a couple steps, then strafe left, etc. ... though it still isn't going to be easy. Nice rewards when you get to the end though. And after that, well...heh, you're on your own.

2007-01-18 09:19:14

The thing is, I get no sounds to know where that grenades are, so that I can tiptoe my way around as you said.

2007-01-18 09:22:33

The grenades should be sounding like normal items. There are many of them, so if you're thinking to yourself, "Jackpot, baby!" like I did...nope nope, those are all geared to blow you to bits.

2007-01-18 15:16:16

Lol. What about the next story? I somehow passed the last one, but here...:
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

I go to every room but there is a locked elevator when I press the red key. So I cgo to every room, I kill those robot guys and I still haven't got two keys out of three.

2007-01-18 18:39:58 (edited by ItsAConspiraZ 2007-01-18 18:46:07)

In response to how far away from the l6 switch should you be:
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

Stand about 6 meeters from the switch and shoot (I use the rifle).  Turn around, take a few steps and jump the pit.  Quicklly go through the opening (it will close up in about 10 seconds or so, so if you don't make it shoot the switch from 6 m again).  You better have memorized or written down the code.

I never got stuck in that way you described.  I always load from the first hall of level 6.

James

2007-01-19 03:46:43

Well...I actually figured out the switch thing after more trial and error. Now to just get back there with a code I can remember. Lord but I don't like L4's layout. Too many little useless rooms.

2007-01-19 13:41:28

Hi.
This is sure  a stupid question. I'm not so very good at this game, but in level 1, Got the axe and rifle, and defeated the robot. I'm completely stuck, where shall I go? All I can see is acid and walls, and a switch. So can anybody help?

V

2007-01-19 14:23:23

Some
spoilers
ahead
read
at
own
risk:

After having obtained the rifle and killed the prison-guard robot, click the switch in that room, then make your way back through the door you broke open. When you do that, you'll hear a staccato sound (b flat, actually) where before there was a steady buzz of electricity. Make your way toward those short harsh little bursts of sound, and you will find a new corridor. At the near end of this corridor is a small room containing another prison-guard robot, plus a computer terminal you should activate. At the further end of that passage, however, lies the elevator and freedom and, if you look a little (besides the third robot of the level), a small hazard and a useful breather if you've taken damage.

Hope this helped.

2007-01-19 14:23:45

You probably have lost the sense of direction. I myself, to prevent this, navigate using ctrl+left or ctrl+right instead of turning, and always keep one direction (usually north) to not get lost. If you look around, after you press that switch, there are doors that you go32:"a9a1b74d078a7f2d0e5905d852c1c065";}

2007-01-19 14:29:11

Oh? I guess a forum problem occured. Lol I never wrote such a nonsense! 32:a"? What the. Lol! Anyway, Jade, now that you are nearly finishing the game, there is a point instory 3 that I cannot pass. I mean I can, but there's nowhere for me to go.
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

I press the red key and the red door opens. After that I requie two other keys tht I cannot find. Other than that, the elvator is probably locked, and I have checked everywhere. There's nothing else to do other than going under that door which opens and closes y itself and get crushed, or go to where that electricity sound comes from and, "Aaaaaaaaaaaa! Mition failed. Failed. Failed. Ailed. Ailed.". Lol.