2007-01-14 14:45:58

I like that thing with the switch on level two.

I live to crochet!

2007-01-14 15:05:09

I know about the sleep thing, but it's hideously slow. I slept off and on for half an hour and restored less than twelve percent life. That, to me, is waaaaaay too slow. If it takes him five minutes to get to sleep then I think he could possibly recover, say, 3 percent health per minute while sleeping undisturbed. This means that if you started healing from 1 percent health, it would take you a max of 38 minutes of doing jack to heal to absolute full life.
If it isn't too much time, you could include the sleep feature in all difficulties, but make it less merciful the higher you go up (say that's the rate for difficulty 0, 2 percent per minute is the rate for 1 and 2, and 1 percent per minute is the speed for 3, and perhaps 1 percent for 2 minutes the speed for 4?)

Yes, the switch thing on L2 is neat, but annoying since I always seem to get pulverized and lose most of my health skittering around avoiding crud. And I hate being squished by doors I've already run through.

Bah. Still wanna explore this game with invincibility.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-01-14 15:05:58

i got the axe and killed that robot. i got to the computer terminal... and i'm stuck... i get tht digit and yet that does not come in usefull until level 6.. what do i do after the terminal

2007-01-14 19:34:29

Jayde wrote:

That, to me, is waaaaaay
too slow. .

The sleep isn't a basic tool to repair character's health. It let you take a few percents of health to reach a next medkit. The game hasn't time limit, therefore the fast recovery health by sleep will give you unlimited life. However I take notice of your request.

Jayde wrote:

I always seem to get pulverized and lose most of my health skittering around avoiding crud. .

Do you press a Control + Down Arrow to avoid a fire-ball?

Jayde wrote:

And I hate being squished by doors I've already run through..

unfortunately, the door's sounds coincide with open and close events not very exact. Don't wait  when the door will be opened completely. Or   move through a doorway by jump.

2007-01-14 22:36:03

Maybe I'm just not timing it much, but I've tried ducking and I still seem to either get hit by the fireball itself or seriously singed by the splash damage from the explosion.
As for the sleep thing: I do see your point, but still feel it's too slow. Maybe I'm just not good enough..who knows?

A little tidbit of how to continue,  for the user who asked:
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

The area where you found the computer terminal  is its own little area; however, when you unbarricaded the high-voltage area, it wasn't just a single door that you unblocked...it was the entrance to a hallway. The door to the terminal room is near the start of that hallway. Therefore, exit the terminal room and try to get your bearings so that you're heading away from the equipment that's making a low steady pulsing sound. You definitely know you're on the right track if you hear another enemy robot, at least one item to pick up, and a high quick and somewhat rhythmic windy chirping sound (the elevator). From there, it shouldn't be too hard.
Don't worry, I kind of have to dig around a bit to figure out exactly which way to go at this point too, but if you look a little, it's hard. Remember that when exploring, control+left/right arrow, as well as the up and down arrows, are very much your friends..

2007-01-14 23:20:34

Indeed, several robots seem to lirk at the end of that hall. About the sleep thing, perhaps the rate of three percent a minute seems fine to me, but having to hang about for five minutes before you fall asleep is a bit of a pest. maybe this interval could be reduced to a minute, so that you can start recovering health more quickly, ------ after all, fighting robots, dodging fireballs etc must be pretty tiring! ;d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-01-15 00:10:18

Thought I'd post here because I've both made a discovery and need help. The discovery comes first:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

If you go to load a game that you haven't yet used (say, slot 6 when you've only used slots 1 and 2) you'll get taken to another level (I think it can be any)...my bet is that these were either left in by mistake, or else it's a little teaser-type of thing. I'm going to go digging on some of the levels (hopefully they do start you from the beginning) to see what I can see.
(end spoiler)

Now...my problem. I'm on L3. I've found two doors that need the blue key, and one that needs the yellow. Problem is, I can't for the life of me find either key, and I'm pretty sure I've looked everywhere. I've found body armour, I've found the machine gun (though the bot holding that thing is one tough mother to kill, here comes the heavy breathing again)...but I can't see to find a blue or yellow key. Not sure if it's a glitch or if I'm missing something. I don't need 100-percent specifics here, but a nudge in the right direction might help. Also...if there's a handy toilet, I'm definitely interested. I have the knack of L2 a little better now, but don't like the soldier dudes respawning in L3 sometimes.
In either case, I'm sorry for all the posts and whatnot. I'm liking this game quite a bit, BTW.

2007-01-15 05:40:20

Update: I've found a flamethrower now too, as well as being short on ammo and almost full on health. Still no blue key or yellow key.
I can't help but wonder if maybe the random appearance of those soldier dudes means something? Otherwise...I'm   afraid I'm quite stuck.

2007-01-15 13:29:45

Jayde wrote:

Still no blue key or yellow key

From start point go to first electric door and search a room with radiation.

Jayde wrote:

I can't help but wonder if maybe the random appearance of those soldier dudes means something? Otherwise...I'm   afraid I'm quite stuck.

Yes. You grabbed bad red key smile)
(This key is trap and isn't grabbed automatic). Alarm was turned on and robot commandos get to this storey by a teleport.

2007-01-15 15:05:07

Well, this red key does open the red door.
Um...how do you get through the room where the electric field is? The electricity doesn't go down, and I haven't found a way to deactivate it.

2007-01-15 16:06:25

Jayde wrote:

Well, this red key does open the red door.

Search other red key...

Jayde wrote:

Um...how do you get through the room where the electric field is? The electricity doesn't go down, and I haven't found a way to deactivate it.

Press Enter to open door  at short distance.

2007-01-16 00:52:57

Let it be said: I hate the yellow door!

Question, though:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Near the end of the twisty hallway through the yellow door is a pit and a pool of acid and a teleporter. Taking the teleporter seems to yield a one-way trip to get the blue key and the third computer terminal, but I don't see any way back. I've never tried crossing the pit.
So my question is: once you get the blue key...uh...where the heck are you supposed to go? I know where both blue doors are, and have a sneaking suspicion about one of them being a shortcut now, but...where?

2007-01-16 01:52:44

Never mind. I was half-asleep while playing that part last time and not only did I miss the correct door, but I just now erased my 100-percent good-ammo save from just inside the second blue door.

Speaking of which...
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

I've found a room with what sounds like dropped hand grenades everywhere. If I step on the wrong place, I hear a "click" and I'm dead. Is there any point in me actually traversing this minefield or any actual way to do it? Or should I just go back and finish? I do have all three keys at this point. My only worry now is about the elevator being locked.

I'm liking this game more and more. Yes, certain points are annoying as heck, but that's all right. Challenge never hurt anyone. Given the samples of L5 I've played, it's THAT ONE I'm worried about. Ugh!

2007-01-16 02:17:59

Jayde wrote:

I've found a room with what sounds like dropped hand grenades everywhere. If I step on the wrong place, I hear a "click" and I'm dead. Is there any point in me actually traversing this minefield or any actual way to do it? Or should I just go back and finish? I do have all three keys at this point. My only worry now is about the elevator being locked.

Open the blue door and   (moving backward) fire a grenade. Or open the blue door and use a flame thrower to clear this doorway. However if you have three keys, you don't need visit this room.  If you get a terminal, the elevator is unlocked.

2007-01-16 02:47:51

Heh. I actually messed around and found a way across. If you're careful you can side-step and inch your way across. Nasty though. I likes.

Okay...so L3 is now done. But I have a suggestion: you should make the key trap more nasty. Because I have to deal with robots every now and again, but nothing bad, really. So that said, I'd much rather go and get the armour and such like right away, then face the nastiness through the yellow door, than wait to get the red key till the very end.
Nice design though. L4 is going to be tough. I restored an old save game and have, like, 14 percent health starting L4. Methinks I'm going to have to rig it so that I finish L3 with nearly perfect life. I have the further idea that L4 is going to be very very nasty.

2007-01-16 04:38:39

speaking of L3,
can someone post a walkthrew for that level?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2007-01-16 07:50:12

There are two ways. Both of the paths are
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
t
a
s
t
i
c

Route 1:
Upon entering the level, align yourself with the electricity on the door and approach so that you're very close. Hit Enter, then get your butt through the now-open door. There's a pit in the next room, so watch your step. The room in this dead-end path yields the yellow key.
Once in possession of the yellow key, backtrack to the main room, and follow the long and slightly twisty passage (it bends twice, I believe). A lone door should greet you. Enter here, kill what you find, leap the pit and enter the door. Watch for open flames, and watch even more for the machine-gun-toting enemy in this room! Kill it, collect everything, then traverse the room to reach the yellow door.
Entering the yellow door you're presented with a tight and twisting passage, complete with fireballs to duck, mosquitoes (two of 'em) to annoy you, and acid pools on the floor. Never fret, however, since there are loads of items in here too. Make your way to the point where the room opens up slightly. You will hear a high whirring to your right (if you're heading the right way)...move toward it to enter into a teleport.
The teleport leads you into a room with one exit, with another soldier. Waste him and collect whatever he drops, watch for random acid pools. As soon as you enter the next door...oh boy, more flames and fireballs! Move fast here, the open flames near the first door are all in one place and fireballs can ignite them for massive damage. You're almost guaranteed to suffer a bit of damage here. At the far end of this room, you will find a door.
The door leads to a room with a few nastily placed acid puddles, a commander (machine-gun dude), and a blue key. MAKE SURE you get the blue key here, you're not leaving here without it. When finished, head toward the door you haven't yet explored (it's easily audible). Enter, kill what you see, and activate the terminal, then leave. Now...go further into this room, then to your right (acid awaits), to another door. This one's made of wood and can be broken down.
On the other side of this door is a much-awaited toilet, along with a mosquito. Waste the bug, flush, and move on through the door.
As soon as you come out here, you'll be back in what one might reference as the "main" area of level 3 (that is, you're no longer totally stuck on a one-way trip. Navigate the hallways in here, watch for the abundance of flames, collect the body armour and approach the other of the two blue doors (you came through one and must go through another this route)...
...And this room is nasty. A soldier awaits, as do dozens of grenade traps on the floor. Tossing a grenade on the traps to blow them all up may work, but personally I hugged the wall, pivoted to face the soldier as fast as I could and wasted him (at this point, you shouldn't have to take any more damage, so it doesn't matter if you take a hit or two, just try to be above 50 percent-ish). In any case...traverse the minefield by hugging the left-hand wall, moving upward a bit, then moving to your right five steps, then straight up. (If my directions are not accurate, and they may not be, I advise you to save your game either just outside the blue door itself or after killing the soldier so you can try and fiddle it like I did...just keep saving and loading). In either event...the soldier was packing an automatic rifle that you'll pick up, and the red key (the real one) is here. Now, leave this room the same way you got in...very very carefully. Navigate the flames (they're annoying, I think you actually have to cross them and take damage to get in and out), and run your butt up the only other unopened path you can find. You'll come eventually to a door, beyond which is the elevator. (Note: You actually don't even really need the red key for this method, I don't think, unless both doors on either side of the elevator alcove require it...which might well be). (Note: I had you bypass an item in the level's very first area. This is a decoy red key. If you pick it up, you will have access to the non-high-voltage door in your hearing and will have a quick way to the elevator and, consequently, the body armour and such in the corridor beyond...but will then have to backtrack and get the yellow key.)

2007-01-16 08:11:52

Well, a few suggestions.
1). I guess it's good to run a spell-checker through the manual. (I really don't mean anything, just saying.)
2). Putting a key to silence the speech (Like when you press H and don't want to hear armor, you just hear your health and press a key to silence the speech), or automaticly silencing the speech when another key is pressed. (Like if I press end, and then ctrl+W, I wouldn't have to wait untill the speech for the End key is done.).
3). In the readme file, where you're scribing objects, put a section for equipment, I had a hell of time trying to find out what to do with those and found that that they're useless at the end. Lol. wink
Thanks. Sorry if you got a headache. big_smile

2007-01-16 09:08:35

I also wish that one could reload one's ammo clips. Several times I've had only one ammo left in a gun, and need to switch and keep firing, and I take extra damage that way. Don't like it.

2007-01-16 14:07:38

Hmm...am liking level 4. It's not nearly as hard as I thought so far, really. Can't seem to find the red key though. Got the blue and yellow one.
Wonder what the point of all those little rooms are? There's stuff in 'em but nothing useful. ...I dunno

2007-01-16 14:45:50

parham wrote:

1). I guess it's good to run a spell-checker through the manual.

Send me corrected manual, please (see email in readme.txt).

parham wrote:

2). Putting a key to silence the speech.

Press Delete to silence the speech.

2007-01-16 14:54:43

Jayde wrote:

Can't seem to find the red key though. Got the blue and yellow one.

You run through a passage with fire-balls and reach an impasse. There is a blue door.

2007-01-16 16:28:01

Well that's not my job to correct the readme. English is not my own first language either. I guess one of our English or Ammerican people here should do the job. That is why I said "I don't mean anything", because I myself usually have lots of errors. Lol.

2007-01-16 17:39:54

hi.
Sorry I've been away for awhile, but now I'm back!
I must say, technoshock is a very good game!
a little question, In the manual, why have you don't listed a walkthrough for all the levels?

And, I'm actualy agree with DD that a detailed walkthrough had been nice.
But all in all, a very good game!

V

2007-01-17 01:46:34

A detailed walkthrough will spoil the fun.
My way of seeing it is that if you get stuck you should ask, but otherwise...figure it out yourself.
I will correct the readme.txt file and resubmit it if you like. I'm a killer for editing stuff.