2013-04-28 18:21:21

When I enter the desctop, the game will log, and sapi too.  I move too slow, that's why I'm killed by the enemies.

2013-04-28 18:37:09

Hello CAE_Jones, I believe that NVDA and BGT have problems getting along sometimes. There is nothing in my code that could ever make the game unresponsive, accept puttentially the update script at the very beginning and that is because I use url_get instead of the http object. So, absolutely no way the game not responding mid-gameplay is in my control to fix.

2013-04-28 19:24:40

if this game had cheat codes, I'd be able to have unlimited bits so that I could by more and more defense, plus more attack power.
does the game no longer have cheat codes whatsoever?

2013-04-28 20:10:37

Hi Corey and Aaron,

A few observations and a question.

@Corey: When you say it became unresponsive, do you mean it stopped responding completely or that it just responded very slowly?

@Aaron: The script can, in extreme cases, freeze the engine. This depends on how many enemies you have active, for instance. If it goes into the hundreds or thousands, depending on your enemy logic the game can be very slow on machines with slower hardware. This is one possibility, but certainly not the only one. If the game stops responding completely and the CPU is not at 100% in task manager, then it is more probable that it is an issue with BGT. If the game stops responding and the CPU is at 100%, it is more likely that the game entered an infinite loop.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2013-04-28 20:27:42

hello.   question.   lots of games are now using bgt.   however when reading up on bgt it talks more about how to develop games.  when i open it it asks for bgt strips or what not.  i'm not trying to develop games but play them.  so how does this work? i see nothing to add to bgt for games in zip files to work.   thanks. any replies will or would be helpful.

2013-04-28 20:36:49

maybe when the next version comes out, hopefully it will have cheat codes.

2013-04-28 21:04:37

I don't care for cheat codes myself, at least not until I've beaten the game.

I do have a couple questions, though.
In my pictures, where you're supposed to jump the pit and land on the teleporter, I die everytime I land on it. I am hitting it, because it makes the teleport sound, but then it makes weird sounds and I die.

Second, in desktop, I get  to the point where I'm supposed to destroy the demonioc teleporter, but my weapons don't seem to work, nor does it seem inclined to fall into the corrupt data. What am I missing?

Shadow

2013-04-28 21:51:31

Sadow, in the desktop level, you have to run away from the moving teleporter. Once you do you will evenually see a staionary teleporter that takes you into the bos level.
For everyone, here is a recording of adventure at C that I made. I didn't really bother explaining how the game works, but I did beat 4 stages for you: music, users, documents, and videos. Have a listen!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/825 … at%20c.mp3
Download quickly! dropbox will probably start issuing 509 errors to anyone who gets there late due to everyone else who's downloaded it. Alternatively, if  you've been invited to my game recordings dropbox folder, make it easier by listening to it from tat folder instead of taking the chance of someone who could not otherwise hear it.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2013-04-29 01:02:12

Shame on whoever wanted to cheat using another program. Well, not really, as I tried the exact same thing! You just can't find relevant values to edit. My guess is he has some obfuscation going on, or possibly outright encryption. Unless you know how the values are encoded, it's impossible to find them.

2013-04-29 01:04:13

To the person having trouble with BGT. You only need BGT if you want to write games yourself. You do not need it to play compiled games written by others. This game is distributed as a stand-alone executable file, so you don't need to install BGT to play it.

2013-04-29 01:23:03

i am one who spoke on issue of bgt. its just that alot of people are making games and they say u need bgt to play them.

2013-04-29 02:15:46

i have tried the  game  and i have to say it is awesome really keep up the good work

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2013-04-29 02:22:31

hey key, What sapi5 Voice did you use for the playthrough?

2013-04-29 02:23:59

Installing BGT automatically associates .bgt files with the program, so you should only need to install it to play uncompiled bgt games.

I think I know why the cheating attempts aren't working. smile I'm a little surprised it turned out so secure.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-04-29 02:54:18

how do I get the cheat codes?
do I have to beat the game?

2013-04-29 02:57:24

Hello CAE_Jones, I am just curious to know if you really know how I am avoiding cheaters. UD? you'd know what I mean I think if you guessed correctly.
Smile

2013-04-29 03:14:07 (edited by Trajectory 2013-04-29 03:15:10)

Hello.
I just figured I'd chime in here on a couple of things.
As for cheating with a memory editor it cannot be done. This project uses a class which I wrote a while back called user_data. It assists in saving and loading game states as well as protecting values against just this very thing. Editing saved data directly is not an option either.
I did however discover some information which you might find useful.
When you are not in the hub area (as in you are in one of the stages), you can hold alt, F2 and right control and press space. Apparently this brings up some kind of debug feature, but the password is unknown.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2013-04-29 03:30:52

I'll try that and see what that does, but I don't know if that has to do with cheating.

2013-04-29 03:41:39

Help needed with the final boss. Actually, just a few questions.

1. Are there any tips for killing this thing?

2. If you die, does the damage you did to him before stay around or does he return to full health?

3. I've noticed that each time you die and the stage resets, one certain stat is reset to probably whatever value it had when you first entered. Very useful, that. I won't say any more here.

4. You're really telling me that even though I'm in c:\windows\system32\fortress\inner\bosses\final.boss, I can't locate a copy of shop.exe, run it, and top off on a few things? Rofl!

2013-04-29 04:19:18

Hello,
The boss, and all other enemies for that matter (unless dead) reset their health back to max when you die.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2013-04-29 04:34:15

I wish I had an idea as to how to cheat, but maybe if I beat the game I'll see what happens.

2013-04-29 06:29:15

This game is awesome.  I am still trying to beat the my downloads directory, though  I think it just takes a bit of patience to kill all of those virus eating through the zip files.  I do have a question, or two, actually.  Bombs and teleporters in the my music directory, if I pick up a bomb, throw it and keep running, will I avoid getting injured by it?  Oh the teleporters side of things, which one do I skip standing on, and which one do I need to actually allow to move me somewhere?  Thanks!  Keep up the good work; I can't wait till the next version and the more awesomeness added to it!

I'm at Latitude E6530, and Longitude S100-1525.

2013-04-29 08:39:11

I have gotten as far as I can in the windows folder, the platforms are hard to jump on.
I don't know how long they are, and I don't know if I should jump.
I always overshot them a lot.

2013-04-29 08:49:45

Hi.
I haven't read all the posts in the topic yet, because I don't want anything spoiled. smile
I have played the game a lot, and wow, this is awesome! The difficulty level is really high, and I'm having trouble on protecting the guy who're trying to fix the .zip files in the downloads level.
The battery on my laser keeps running out, and I think it's damn expensive to keep buying battery packs.
I've played through most of the my music level, and this level is so awesome. I got beaten by the boss.
So, this game rocks, and I look forward to play it some more.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-04-29 09:32:07 (edited by jaybird 2013-04-29 11:07:52)

Okay, I just finished the game. Wow! Now I have some questions for the developer, I wanna know if I've missed anything. If you don't want certain parts of the end spoiled, stop reading this post right now!

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Final warning! Spoilers to follow!

M
o
r
e

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

So I defeated the final boss, and got the end sequence, then the game exited! I ran it again, loaded my save, and at the end of the between levels area there's now a Postgame area! Entering on that, my only choice is rusty shortcut.lnk. Selecting that, I get a level with a bunch of stuff, then when that's done, the same two final boss levels, then the same end sequence, the same game shutdown. Load my save again, no change.

Have I discovered all there is to discover or is there some absolute and final finish to the game or any hidden things?

Edit. Yes, there is more to discover, and I discovered at least part of it. All I'll ask is. Is there an upper limit or a maximum number of times before some big final moment happens?