2024-04-30 03:12:12 (edited by zkline 2024-04-30 03:15:38)

I just bought the first game in the Vestaria Saga series. It's a spiritual successor to early  Fire Emblem for PC, basically.

The map navigation is kind of tedious, but you can move a cursor around to all the terrain and flip between your units like you can in the console-based FE games.

I just wish there were a way to export the map data into a text format or something. The info is all there. It looks like a really cool game. Also, the character stats are quite simplified compared to, say, Tactics Ogre. If I could do OCR and reading of the info with one key, like I do with Retroarch, it would help. I think I might be able to use NVDA's new real-time OCR to help a bit.

2024-04-30 03:19:47

I'm still weighing on whether i should or shouldn't playtest fire emblems. There're sooo many games out there and I'm still not in post game on TO yet. Still have lots to do. Dolphin still doesn't work on retroarch, stupidly, and ocr with standalone dolphin can be kinda meh.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-04-30 04:49:03

I don't know what problems you've had with Dolphin on RetroArch but it always worked fine for me. That being said, there are definitely so many games.

2024-04-30 04:59:11

I know. It's stupid. I tried changing to every single graphic I have but nothing seems to work.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-04-30 05:03:25

I discovered that using the new NVDA OCR does indeed make  this game's map read a lot smoother. I should try it with TO as well, I'm curious now.

2024-05-03 12:50:18

Hey,

I just want to grumble a bit because I ran into the issue with Retroarch's Dolphin emulation. I swear it wasn't a problem when I last played. I'll have to hope they fix it but in the mean time am playing other games which don't require that particular core.

Vestaria Saga seems to be ggoing well so far. I also discovered that you can use GPT 4 Vision to get overviews of SRPG maps, which is useful as long as you take what it says with the proper amount of salt.

I'm also in touch with the indie developer of another SRPG, Gales of Nayeli, but that's still in the early stages and I haven't yet seen any accessibility work from them, though am hopeful.

2024-05-03 17:35:29

What problem?

2024-05-03 18:12:18

Whenever I use the retroarch OCR hotkey it just tells me it cannot read viewport. This happens on Dolphin, and I assume other emulators with more demanding graphics requirements.

2024-05-03 20:51:30

Oh, not the same problem I have then. Man I wish it just worked already, but dolphin is like the most unstable core retroarch has at this moment.

2024-05-04 04:04:56

On another note, I'm curious how far you've gotten in Tactics Ogre? I want to get back to that too.

2024-05-04 07:20:26

I had to restart it because I updated Ov. Myv ersion was extremely out of date. But I got to like chapter 2C battle 7 or so in my last playthrough. I think the thing that may be complicated later on from what I read up is palace of the dead because you have to do certain things to pass each floor.

2024-05-04 18:47:16

I'm curious how you play? PPSPP? Retroarch? Something else? I'm thinking of diving back in again since I'm in the strategy RPG mood.

2024-05-04 19:07:18

retroarch on ppsspp core and ocr from both retroarch and my nvda.

2024-05-04 19:59:37

Awesome, thanks. smile I'll keep this thread updated with any further game news.