2011-09-22 05:39:38

So, there is me editing the database when i come across the entry for Aura. "ah" I think" here be another that be sunk without trace, --- to davy Jones locker with yee!" (yes, I was thinking like a pirate).

However, a check of the developers' homepage told me something hugely different. Namely, that Aura, --- now retitled Unseen, is most deffinately back, and developement is going strong with the first preview pack of missions for the game released.

for those who don't know, the game now called Unseen is an adventure puzle game set in deep and dangerous underground caverns.

Playing as a creature called a Frizle exploring the depths, in each level you need to find the exit. Sounds easy?

Not when you add traps, doors, puzles and mazes, not to mention some extremely hungry creatures called frumps.

The alpha missions contains several tutorial courses (the ones from the old Aura beta, though with changes and bug fixes), pluss 14 entirely new levels to give you a preview of what the game is like.

The only bad news is, this demo isn't free. yes, you'll be charged the horribly expensive and princely some of one hole American dollar to download it, for those in the Uk that's about 66 chiny pennies, or about 80 cents of a Euro.

Despite this extremely inflated and most unfair price tag (ha ha ), the alpha missions are certainly lots of fun. To read more about the game and perchice the Alpha missions, just check out the unseen homepage here

And as for the database, well the Aura entry has indeed been deleted, though an Unseen entry is soon to take it's place.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-22 10:37:11

wow sounds good! I might just be able to part with 66 pence of my money to get the demmo big_smile

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-09-22 13:24:40

I would say the game is worth it, accept that's a bit of an insult ;D.

Actually Aura was one that interested me right from when I first tried the beta version about six years ago.

not only is it a fairly unique take on a maze and puzle game (though not all puzles are mazes), but it's one instance when an audio game has been created specifically to use! limited audio information about surroundings as part of how the game works, rather than trying to represent as much as possible in audio.

It also rather resembles a graphical puzle game I've been rather fond of, but I wasn't sure could be done in audio (obviously I was mistaken).

it's now got an index page, so you can read about it some more there too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-23 01:31:33

hi!
i jsut ordered it, but how do i actually get the game?

2011-09-23 02:28:19

Just wait for an e-mail from the company. They'll provide your login information there, consisting of the e-mail address you used when ordering it and a randomly generated password. You'll then use this information to log into the premium content area.
HTH,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-09-23 09:31:12

Well in my case for some reason the password didn't show up the first time and I had to E-mail the developer to send me one.

not a problem either way, I've got the game now.

2011-09-23 17:07:46

Hi,
does the game still sound like aura or are they also adding new audio and such?

2011-09-24 13:21:49

Much of the audio for the tutorial missions is the same as Aura, though the quality has been cleaned up and some of the voice acting has been changed particularly for Zanthar, ---- who now sounds even more evil! ;D.

I also think the background music for the expert course, ad some of the tutorial levels are different, but as it's been a very long time sinse I played the Aura demo I'm not absolutely sure.

The alpha mission levels are however all completely new, and many have new sfx, music, objects etc.

apparently the ful game will be more different stil, indeed the Alpha missions are partly a homage to the original Aura.

2011-09-25 05:56:05

Hmm, I've seen webpages that include a "donate by viewing this giant page full of ads, and it will add up to a dollar, if your computer survives!" method. That's actually something I've been considering if I ever get around to doing commercial releases to help people pay for things (although I suppose it would be hard to make such a thing difficult to abuse...)
In any case, Unseen is on my list of things to do whenever I manage to get around to digitizing my money (along with ordering a pro version of BGT, getting the full version of Airik the Cleric, and a robot).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-09-25 14:48:24

Actually the donation for the unseen alpha missions doesn't require displaying of adds at all, it's just a case of donating with paypal and getting put through to the download area.

i think it must be purely a hosting company who charge for the downloads that the developer is using to let her have the web space for them.

Apart from the trouble I prsonally had getting the password E-mail sent to me, it seemed fine as far as I'm concerned.

2011-09-25 14:57:01

well dark, i had the problem too, so i think there might be a problem, i finally got the game, and i must say there were some pretty neat puzzles in the game!
although i didn't see a rise of difficulty from advanced to expert!

2011-09-25 21:49:06

Remember Robla, the tutorial courses are exactly that, tutorials to get you into playing the game. Personally I did find some of the expert ones harder just because you weren't told clearly what to do.

if you've not played the alpha missions though, I'd suggest trying those sinse they certainly do! improve in difficulty, ---- I'm stil on the 9th at the moment, Lion's den.

2011-09-27 03:09:08

Hey if the email doesn't show up, it's in the spam or junk folder of your email thing. that's where it ended up for me anyway

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-09-27 06:42:55

Not in my case stewee, I don't have! a junk folder or indeed any spam filters beyond me manually banning spam mail I get (they always seemed more trouble thn they were worth), when I say theE-mail didn't turn up, that is what I mean.

2012-02-25 06:21:41

wwowww.. good sound