2024-03-28 11:40:12

Hello,
I'm really searching for some kind of either mud or browser game that is based  in modern times. I know of TNC and PopMundo. I don't want to play Popmundo because so much of what I want is behind a pay wall, which makes no sense if they've abandoned the game. I play TNC on a regular basis, but I would love to find something else to play where I can create just a regular average every day person and earn a living doing something, maybe have a family. Just an every day sort of game. Not looking for futuristic, prehistoric, fantasy, anything like that. Is there anything out there that I don't know about?
Thanks in advance and happy gaming.

2024-03-28 13:00:35

not a Mud, but Bitlife is a modern life simulator of sorts.

2024-03-28 13:03:13

Ah yes, I do know about that game. I should have specified that I'm not looking for a phone game. I don't really like playing on my phone and prefer PC gaming. That's my bad for not including that fact. Thank you though.

2024-03-28 16:48:17

post number 1, what is TNC exactly?

2024-03-29 02:50:02

Post #4,

TNC stands for the-night.com. It is a modern day mud that takes place on a chain of islands in the Pacific, I believe. You can create a character, earn money, buy clothes, and even have a family if you like. Have a house or an apartment, get a job, or just sift the river for gold until you can't see straight to earn a profit. There's a lot of other things you can do, but those are just the basics. Hope that helps.

2024-03-29 13:07:17

Oh yeah, I've tinkered around with that one, it's kind of borring though if you think about it. Noone's really around and I couldn't really figure out how to get any sort of a job. I think it's dying honestly because they don't even have a police station anymore when there used to be, and you could get a job as a police officer.

2024-03-29 13:42:52

There's always the 2024 scinario on AI dungeon. It's a pretty popular one so it should be easy to find.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2024-03-29 23:52:15

@6,
You haven't been there for a while, I think, because now there's usually around twenty people online at times. Sometimes it's more like eight or nine, but usually the player count is between fifteen and twenty. Also, there is a police department now and you can get a job as a police officer. There are other things to do, like island dash which is like a package delivery system. The player base is much more active than what you're thinking, I believe, and this is coming from someone who plays it daily. It might be worth another look if you're curious.

2024-03-30 17:44:00

yes indeed, I just jumped back into it last night and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I've got my own apartment now and everything. And honestly, I'm beginning to like the game now that I've begun to actually experience some of it.

2024-03-31 17:40:13

Everyone says that about tnc.
How it's coming back.
But literally everytime I create a char on there, regardless of time of day, it's a ghost town.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2024-03-31 18:08:12

How is Tnc for activities? IE interacting with npcs in the game's world, rather than with other players.

I would be interested in something in a modern day setting if there was a chance to try out different professions and activities in the game same as some of the space muds have, but I wasn't sure how much depended upon other players.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2024-03-31 18:43:56

Im also interest how we as a blind persons can know locations in town? In achaea, you can type landmarks or walkto and you can get a location of some shops, npcs areas ect. What is about tnc?

2024-03-31 19:12:17 (edited by JasonBlaze 2024-03-31 19:15:37)

@12: I always enjoy exploring by myself, but yeah, the game has dir command and it will tell you the list of point of interest and it's location. if you want to get direction, you can type dir bar, dir helipad, etc.
@dark, well, it's not that I know you or anything, I just judge by your posts, but in my view, I don't think tnc is for you. then again, it might be, don't take my words.

2024-03-31 19:48:08

@Jason, I would be  interested to know why you believe the night mud is "not for me", in your humble opinion.

I am almost tempted to try it out now just in the spirit of bloody mindedness, though I think I would prefer an explanation, just in case you are in fact correct.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2024-03-31 22:15:12

Well Dark, you see... tnc is a very bright place. It's so bright, lovely, positive, shiny and bubbly in fact, that it would instantly cancel out even the meer mention of darkness in every possible way, shape, or form. So if you even started! to type the host address into your mud client of choice, I'm afraid the blinding splender of tnc's gleaming goodness would annihilate you from the face of the earth, forever consigning your darkness to the dust bins of history, which are coinsidentally also very dark and devoid of all light or hope.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2024-03-31 22:29:33

@Dakonna, that is a very foolish thing to say!
If the brightest light can be found in the deepest darkness, then the converse is also true!

Don't believe me? Look at Melisandre from game of thrones!

Priestess of the God of fire! Likes burning people, wants to lead a flaming crusade  against the ice walkers", and yet she also births shadow demon assassin babies!

She says herself, the strongest light casts the deepest shadows!

If I had a son, or for that matter a daughter, I'd definitely want him or her to be a demon assassin baby! I'd be proud if my son or daughter stabbed a ponsey pretender to the throne in the kidneys only half an hour after birth!

Heck, we even have our very own ponsey pretender to the throne! his names Harry! and definitely I wouldn't mind if he got a visit from a shadow demon assassin baby!

So, until the birth of my shadow demon assassin babies, it'd be nice to have some games to play, so some more information about tnc might be nice!

2024-04-02 09:16:40

Hi, @Dark,

It really depends. I have no problem playing TNC on my own with very little interaction from other players. However, there are no NPC's to really talk to, no quests that I know of. There are activities you can do such as sifting, fishing, digging for artifacts, working the oil rig, or Island Dash which is kind of like Door Dash where you zip around to various places, scoop up packages, then get paid when you deliver all of your order to the right spot. All of these things can be done with literally no player interaction. There's also shopping. Lots of shopping. You can do that with not much player interaction too. However, TNC is one of those muds where you're meant to be role playing, I suppose. If you want to adopt a child, for example, you have to roleplay with the PC social worker. If you're a girl and you want to have a baby, then choosing a doctor is your friend and all of that is run with PC's. So, I think for someone like you who enjoys automated questing and not much social interaction, TNC may not be for you. The reason I play it so much is because I don't mind the little bit of interaction I do, and I also enjoy the prospect of owning as much luxury items as I can. I'm poor RL, let me be rich in game. LOL. I hope this may have answered some of your questions!

2024-04-02 11:57:23

there you go, autumnrain beats me to it. LOL, Thank you!
yup, other than the few activities and shopping, anything else requires character to character interaction, I.E ordering a custom clothings, getting better jobs, etc etc.