2023-11-08 07:59:24

you can find the sorce on morokumas website in the alternative magic section.

2023-11-08 14:17:53

Thanks for that Ficho! Alternative Magic was one of the rare morokuma's game who I didn't download from the developer's site, before I discovered that the ag archive version wasn't all the time at the last version.

2023-11-19 19:51:26 (edited by djblind 2023-11-19 19:57:38)

@Boy:
I read the topic for the second game and I had question about some elements.
Firstly, it is mentionned at the begining of the topic a thing about quiditch. Was it an idea who has been abandonned or an element that I didn't find? I completed the game two times but I never found that.
Also, you said it is not easy to make possible create connections between the areas. Wht is it so difficult? Can't I that with my own game? I think that I will a warp spell If I can't make connections between the city, even if I believe that is absolutly not roleplay.

P.s.: If you prefer, we can contineu that discution about texte game maker code with private messages to don't polute the topic.

2023-11-20 13:40:43

It was just an idea for the postgame, which never was finished.
Yes, it's definately possible to move between places in Text Game Maker. You just need to make sure you put two different numbers when telling the player to choose an option. The number determines where the game will take you, so if you're going back you want something like this, I'm using part of The Blank Game 2's source as an example.
s88m=Here is outside of Demise or Domination. From here, I can get to Robotics by going through the forest.
s89エリア=4
s90選択=2
s90移=91,74@walk to Robotics$back to Demise or Domination
s90save=87
The second number was telling the game to bring you back to Demise or Domination, which starts at 74.
s74エリア=3
s75音=-1,2047
s76m=Here is Demise or Domination.
So when moving back, you want it to start with the area, then the sound, and finally the text. When saving the game, make sure you do it at the number of the area. This way, it will load and have the correct place, play the correct sound and display the correct message. Think of it this way. When you change places:
area, sound, message.
And yes, as I keep saying the game, will, come out when it does. If you have more questions, either make a new topic, send a PM or use the e-mail system on here (I changed my e-mail address to one that actually works). I don't want this topic to revive and have someone press enter on it thinking, yes! The game is out! And they see another question about something completely different. I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, it's just that this topic shouldn't be revived, in my opinion.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2023-12-09 14:05:35

Yet another question about sounds and sources. I was able to find two songs from Manamon 2 that I want to use in this game, they're the encounter wild Manamon and tamer battle themes you hear when in Requia (the area where you're able to fight Barren Byron) but I think they're stolen from another source. Reason why that is, because I downloaded a game called Beatstar Pro and they were in a Manamon 2 soundpack. If the person who created that soundpack was aloud to use those songs, am I aloud to use them? Also this is probably something I'm not aloud to do but if I am, where can you find some of the attack sounds? I'm thinking of using either Power Leaf or Pettle Storm's sound for a certain event having to do with when you fight Greniverb. I didn't see anything about sounds or music on the forum rules, and I'm trying to follow them. When this game comes out, it's gunna be huge. I mean it, their's even a game within the game if you do the right thing while playing.

2023-12-09 14:43:06

aaaaaaaaaa
i thought it is a new releace lol

the torch of hope.

2024-03-25 19:15:18

I'm just wondering, are you still working on this version?

2024-03-25 22:10:27

guys, i thought it is a new release, if the owner can bend the topic and when they post it again, the other people can post again, so the people could not post or revive the topic again untill the developer releases a new update or anything like that.

the torch of hope.

2024-03-25 22:21:18

I don't think it is a good idea. Sometimes, some people have questions about other games in the serie or other questions about the blank game. But I have to admit that I had a little hope, lol. But let's give the time to Boy to complete his game.

2024-03-26 03:13:29

I'm going to say this, one last time. The game won't stop being developed unless I say it's being stopped. I know it's taking forever, and I shouldn't have posted that beta version in 2020. That just makes all of you see someone post, think it's a new release and... It's not. Just like what people are saying about that Final Fantacy 7 project. Give the developers time. This isn't one game, I'm attempting to just put it all up, and have 1.0 be complete.

2024-03-27 13:33:36

where do I get all 3 of the games? The Dropbox links do not work.

2024-03-27 14:17:30

I don't know if you mind doing this, but I would like to use my game editor to replicate this game because it has more room for expansion.

boy wrote:

I'm going to say this, one last time. The game won't stop being developed unless I say it's being stopped. I know it's taking forever, and I shouldn't have posted that beta version in 2020. That just makes all of you see someone post, think it's a new release and... It's not. Just like what people are saying about that Final Fantacy 7 project. Give the developers time. This isn't one game, I'm attempting to just put it all up, and have 1.0 be complete.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

2024-03-27 14:18:27 (edited by boy 2024-03-27 14:21:08)

Currently, the only one you should play is 2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhnwgibdtvmlx … 2.zip?dl=0
Honestly, I have no idea why the links just stop working even though I still have the files there.
Edit: @162 you can do that when 1.0 exists. Don't try to replicate a beta version of a game that doesn't exist yet.

2024-03-27 15:44:21

Yes, I will seek your consent in advance. If you agree to me doing so, I will try it. Perhaps we will communicate through Discord.

boy wrote:

Currently, the only one you should play is 2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhnwgibdtvmlx … 2.zip?dl=0
Honestly, I have no idea why the links just stop working even though I still have the files there.
Edit: @162 you can do that when 1.0 exists. Don't try to replicate a beta version of a game that doesn't exist yet.

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

2024-03-27 17:50:42 (edited by boy 2024-03-27 17:53:35)

Um, I'd rather not deal with Discord's stupid capcha crap again. The blank games are completely free to mess with, as long as you understand that Objectives is a clone of Alternative Magic which is not mine. I don't care if people distribute the sources or modify my games. That's why they're not paid. TBG 3 will come with small mods, but I'm not telling anyone how to unlock them! Is Discord your prefered method of communication for everything, or just for purchasing your games?

2024-03-28 00:27:53

I have a crazy project, since a certain time, with the blank game 2. I realaised that absolutly no french people know the blank game serie. I mean, in english, there's a growing comunity who play that game. But in french, the players who know this serie can be counted in the fingers of a hend. So, I thought about the possibility to translate the game. It could be possible. The bigest difficulty is, there's many anglophone reference/joke, who won't be understood by all french blind player. Some parts will need, in my opinion, a rewrite quasily full. But I'm replaying the blank game 2, firstly because I love the game, secondly to figure how I could translate the game. Boy, would you be willing to give the source to permit translations of that game? I think firstly for french people, but I imagine that other person could want to translate the game in his language.

2024-03-28 02:02:27

@166 I just sent you a PM with the source. My e-mail is correct, so I can also use that.

2024-03-28 04:34:57

Discord is one of the ways I handle communication with non Chinese users, as I'm not sure if there's anything else I can use for communication. If you could recommend a good communication, I would give it a try

boy wrote:

Um, I'd rather not deal with Discord's stupid capcha crap again. The blank games are completely free to mess with, as long as you understand that Objectives is a clone of Alternative Magic which is not mine. I don't care if people distribute the sources or modify my games. That's why they're not paid. TBG 3 will come with small mods, but I'm not telling anyone how to unlock them! Is Discord your prefered method of communication for everything, or just for purchasing your games?

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383

2024-03-30 21:33:07

Hello, I understand that the first game isn't needed, I would just like to have it so I can complete the whole series. please be blessed and be safe.

2024-03-30 22:54:40

what is text game maker?

the torch of hope.

2024-03-30 23:25:09 (edited by djblind 2024-03-30 23:36:53)

It's a japanese game maker to make text game. You have to complete some txt files to indicate the informations to the game. You can technicaly use it to make a game even if you don't speak japanese, but it's note always simple. I'm creating a game and I have to rad some parts of some manuals a lot of times to understand well.

2024-04-02 20:05:40

OK, now I finally have a release date announced. August 4, at 12:00 AM. This is gunna be my biggest project, so I hope you'll have fun with it. A few negatives though...
1: the sounds aren't that good, as with my other game.
2: the more important of the things, the main and post game have weapon skills very, very similar to Alternative Magic. If any of you have weapon or armor names that sound better, please put them here so I can implimant them as soon as possible.
Last, I may need someone's permission for this...
In Pokemon Crystal Clear, their is a certain song that plays when you fight LT. Surge (and only LT. Surge) in the gym. Someone made a video and said the song was called Guile's Theme from Street Fighter, and Street Fighter is a video game. After doing lots of searching, I finally found what sounds like at least a replica of that song. Not nearly as good, though. It's at this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/314fk5dr … u&dl=0
Yes, 324.00 KB. It was originally in a game called Tournament by BPC Programs, but I converted it to .mp3 instead of its original .wav. So is it the property of BPC, or would I have to contact the developer of Pokemon Crystal Clear if I wanted to use it? I'm sure I can find a better version on the internet, the version I put up was just an example. Not saying what its used for in the game, but it has nothing to do with Surge.

2024-04-02 20:09:09

those ARE SMALL NEGATIVES. PLUS, THEY CAN BE FIXED LATER. ALSO, IT'S GOOD THAT WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE.

2024-04-03 00:55:55 (edited by djblind 2024-04-03 00:59:24)

Hi,

Yes! Thanks boy for that release date! I will wait that with impatience, big_smile.

Thanks to anounceit a few mounths before the release that, it will give me the time to make a let's play  on my youtube channel to present the second game, who should begin soon.

For the problem about the sound and the skills, it's realy not a big problem. I don't play a text game maker game for his super sound design. For the music, I'm not sure. If you want to be 100% sure to have problem, you should not use it. But, let's agree. Street fighter is a game who's like 30 years old. The blank game 3 is a free game, in a small comunity who's the blind gamer comunity. I'm sure that you won't have problem. Moreover, the author of the remix have absolutly no rights about his remix. While we're talking about that, why wouldn't you use the 8bit version? In my opinion, the quality is realy better and it sounds better. Crystal clear is a rome hack, so, if you use this music, you shouldn't have problem with the rights.

2024-04-03 02:22:13

@175 by 8 bit version, do you mean this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzST7yJLO-w&t=48s
or BPC's version?