2024-03-14 17:04:08

Hello!

I've been playing The Last of Us for a while now, but now I've decided to play through the game on medium difficulty.
However, at one point, when the boss monster attacked me at Bill's, I didn't have enough bombs because the navigation didn't lead me to places where there are a lot of resources.
Even though I managed to collect items, after a while the navigation didn't indicate anything, even though I knew there was more to collect. Sometimes, when I threw a brick or bottle, I could hear the position of the object.
Simply put, I think the navigation is flawed. What do you think I could do? Is there no way to fix this?

2024-03-15 02:55:07

No, there is not. This is just the fact that the navigation guides you to story prompts and key areas, not to actual loot without using listen mode. YOu don't have to fight those monsters, I don't believe. If you do, actually use your guns like your revolver and hit all head shots, or use bricks to directly hit it to stun it while you walk around and try to loot.

2024-03-15 11:17:21

"When Bill says we can finish biology class and there's this big guy I have to beat who throws poisonous things, I absolutely have to defeat him. Sometimes, it doesn't even detect enemies in listening mode, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't always detect objects on the ground, even though they are there. But regardless, this is a very good game, even taking into account the fact that the cover system, which would otherwise be very useful, cannot be used blindly, unfortunately."

2024-03-15 14:13:23

I've personally found very few instances where you "need" to use cover, though maybe that comes in to play more at higher difficulties. It's remarkable how different the game is though when you turn off basically all the accessibility stuff. For shits and giggles I recommend people try it for a few moments just to see what a fully sighted experience is like. At least all the combat stuff anyway

2024-03-15 19:01:36

Did you use listen mode?

2024-03-15 19:02:07

And are you talking about the bloater?

2024-03-15 19:05:42

@5
@6
Yes.

2024-03-15 19:15:56

If you need help put your saving something like Dropbox and I can get you through it and then upload it again, it's in your user folder on your save games, just copy the folder.