2024-02-21 11:49:40

Or rather, the dependencies that rely on imp.
Or should I just stick with Python 3.11 for the time being?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2024-02-21 15:45:52 (edited by ambro86 2024-02-21 15:47:14)

@Cae_Jones, I currently have Python 3.12 and use Accessible_output2 correctly. However I had to change a few lines to a module, but nothing id that.
If you tell me the error it gives you I will send you the lines as I modified them.

2024-02-22 02:48:40

Hm, maybe consider a push request with the changes to the github?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2024-02-22 06:30:07

ah, I see. I thought the error about imp was something to do with my python install. that push request is a good idea.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2024-02-22 12:44:48

Looking into it, it seems like the transition from imp to importlib was done rather poorly. I found threads where multiple people were asking for help migrating their code, and mods and people involved in the process were consistently "IDK, it's hard; let us know what you figure out so we can share it." It comes across as one of the examples of how to remove deprecated modules poorly. sad
I think the issue was in platform_utils/paths. Though when I tried it in Python 3.11, I got a dll error... but that could easily be because I foolishly pasted the site-packages contents from my 3.12 folder, rather than using pip. I mostly forgot to reset cmd when I altered path, so tried the paste before, you know, the smart thing. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2024-02-22 20:44:21

From looking at git logs, the platform_utils thing was fixed, just not pushed to pip. pip install git+https://github.com/accessibleapps/platform_utils should fix it, at least for now.