2011-09-20 11:58:56

It's been a while sinse you last heard of the Agnet houseelves. This was because, after reading that infernal book, Das potteral by Dobby, they decided to not just try striking, but try revolution!

I therefore had to hier a bunch of mutant zombi shark pirate skeleton mercinaries, ---- well hier is rather the wrong word, I just said "hay guys, ---- tasty elves that way!"

The few surviving elves, or rather the few pieces of surviving elves were quite happy to go back to work, though I had to get additional elf workers, this time with correctly installed brainwashing!

The moral of all this is, to actually get anything done, freedom! doesn't! work! At least not for houseelves, though fortunately said weerd undead shark pirate threatenings did!

Anyway, here's what's got done thus far:

Thanks to richard there is now a description of stem stumper, and thanks to Cx2 we have a page for awsome homer, though I'm afraid it's also been slightly expanded by me as well.

Three D velocity: page, description and links, (appologies it took so long).
Dog who hates toast: page and description.

Alterean: rewrote description, added links to mushclient.
Blockparty: page and description.
Truckz: added correct homepage link.
Blind adrenaline cardroom: Added details of the Yacht game.

Fixed links to The Savage Gammet, Self destruct, Night of Parasite and World of Legends thanks to Bladestorm for hosting these.

Fixed link to wintriv sinse Jim updated the game.

Removed entries to a number of games who's developement has stopped, namely bongo, cannon crossfire, bsc football, chicken killer, temple of steel, terrasonica, space colony cleaner, space darts, sphere, game master, max shrapnel and Torrent.

Castaways, entry created.

Majesty, heroes of ardania: Major cleanup on entry (methinks my keyboard was broken when writing that one).

Nationstates: Rewrote description.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-20 15:51:18

Dark, you are a good writer. But, can you try to make the first lines a little more clear next time. I was wondering if it was about Sarah, or some kind of war game, and I was confused.

Audiogames has entered a new era. With blockbusters such as bk2, swamp, perilous hearts and the soon-to-come road to rage, audiogames takes a new shape. High quality sounds, multiplayer and very sufficiant AI is audiogames next step towards attention. The world is about to change so cheer with me, hurray!

2011-09-20 16:49:54

That's a lot of entry changes.  I see you've been busy Dark.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-09-20 17:10:46

Hi,
Something I would like changed is the names for the Kitchensinc games. His monopoly game, for example, is not actually called "winpoly"; that is simply the name of his setup file. Naming them the same waw as their setups makes things very! unclear.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-20 17:14:39

Hi,
Good update again, although now I wish there could be a page for those games which were never released, just so that people could know they were once in development. This is actually a bit annoying, as I always used to come here whenever an unreleased game was on my mind just to clear my head of it and read that description and then speculate with those who were on skype and what not at the time.

2011-09-20 22:52:35

@love computer, i personally tend to think that's what the subject is for, if it says "site updates" in the subject of the topic that should let you know that it's about audiogames.net, so I don't really see the need of repeating it.

Besides, I freely admit I enjoy having fun with these, especially the site updates which are, basically just lists, (one reason I always try to write a funny start).

@aprone, yes. I'll probably be busy throughout october (especially sinse it's just been announced they've finally found me a guide dog), so I wanted to post the updates as there may be a break before the next lot.

@haiden, naming the kitchinsinc games that way was something which was in the database before I started updating it, so I didn't change it. I'm not sure whether it's possible to just streight out rename a page, or whether I'd have to completely recreate each page for the game.

If it's possible to just retype a name, I'll rename them, but if I'd need to redo each entry it might just have to stay as is.

@Aaron, the problem is a lot of people have complained that the database has lots of dead entries. Some of these where the game has simply vanished like garfield star sleeper or the code factory games there's not a lot we can do, but a lot of pages were created at one time on speculation, leading to lots of pages for games that never appeared, or appeared as something totally different as with Mrs packman talks and Sarah.

I can actually see the point that if your a newby wanting to know about audio games, seeing hundreds of pages with developement listed but nothing going would be pretty dysmal

Therefore I'd tried to remove all the entries I can where the status of the game is surely known about, ie, where it's no longer being developed anymore, and these days I try to only add pages to stuff that's got at least something playable, so that anyone knew to the site will always find things to try and not a lot of "coming soon" type pages, afterall people who come to this site first will be interested in what games are! available, and probably won't worry about stuff that might! be in developement for a good while.

Eddit: okay, entry title changing isn't a problem, I'll see aobut changing the game names for kitchinsinc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-21 01:49:36

Hi Dark,
Excellent. That should make things easier for everyone who doesn't know where to find them on audiogames.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-21 10:06:16

Glad you like, hopefully it's clearer now, and also it means things that do start with "win" like the winfrotz if interpreter or the winboard chess program won't be confused with Jim's games, ---- which actually did worry me.

2011-12-03 13:32:15

Thank you for very interesting article.really hard to find the share like this

2012-01-01 08:55:06

milk wrote:

Thank you for very interesting article.really hard to find the share like this

I do not understand what you mean?

2012-02-16 05:07:25

Good update again