2023-06-25 14:31:50

Little good that does now, with the ones we have barely present. How do you train new guys when you yourself aren't present.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-06-25 14:56:15

@22: I don't claim anything. When I logged in to check my profile, the last time I'd logged in was when said post was made. Of course I read the forums every once in a while -- it is still a useful place to find audio game developments, after all. But I think you'll see that before my recent post, I genuinely stayed away from the site, and there was no other reason than Mister sanctimonious Jayde.
You can defend him all you want, and you're well within your right to do so since perhaps your exchanges with him were different than mine, but I'm damn well also going to call it as I see it, too.
I'm not claiming he was useless, I'm just stating the obvious fact that he was full of himself and valued the opinions of others who weren't kissing his feet less than the currency rate exchange of the Zimbabwean dollar. The site might not be better without him, the site might indeed become worse after (but not because of) his leaving, but the site also wasn't getting better by him, either.

Spill chuck you spots!

2023-06-25 22:59:34

Hi.
@Jayde: Thanks for all the work you have put into this community. I wish you the best of luck.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2023-06-26 03:25:28

Right, so I am going to come in here and apologize for my post because now, after getting proper sleep (well, I'm not sure about the "proper" bit, but anyway, my sleep schedule can be discussed some other time), I realized that I came off as harsher than I meant to. I didn't mean to attack anyone, nor did I mean to claim that I was explicitly one-sided and supporting Jayde or something like that.
As I said, I do not agree with how Post8 was phrased and the generalizations and labeling made there, nor do I think Jayde was perfect and doesn't deserve criticism or something like that. I don't think anyone is. I also agree that the current inactivity with regards to the mods is strange, to say the least, and a tiny bit unfair as well.
It's just that the way 21 came in here, after they themselves claimed that they hadn't checked the forum much in years, to quote a post from nearly three years ago to use as their excuse to make a post that served no purpose but expressed their pleasure at Jayde stepping down in a not so tasteful manner, at least in my opinion. When A) a lot can change in that time period, and B) all that post seemed to do was express how this one act had filled them with utter joy and how they're going to toast to it, which adds absolutely nothing productive other than potentially making OP feel even worse if they were to read it and overall look bad. Maybe OP has changed since, maybe they haven't. But I feel like that's irrelevant when the only proof you bring to the table is that age-old post and then claim on top of that that you haven't frequented the forum ever since.
And although I am sorry about how I initially reacted/worded my initial post, I stand by my belief that there is no reason to outright celebrate and make fun out of a topic that was supposed to be serious, genuine, and sincere. Does that mean that you can't be happy about it internally? No, it doesn't. I am not telling you what to do, what to think, what to believe. You don't have to like the person either. It's possible that I myself am not a huge fan of some of their actions or how they governed. But jumping around in delight and going out of your way to make it blatantly obvious how much you did not care for said person on the staff on the forum in the same topic where they resigned is not just unnecessarily rude, it also paints a bad picture of lack of understanding and support. And no, I don't think you still need to like the person or agree with everything they've done to show some common human decency or courtesy and either not step in, or phrase your posts appropriately, or let things cool off, etc. Just examples.
But again, I also agree with things that people like GCW have said: that Post8 was absolutely over the top and uncalled for, and I think OP has done said thing several times in the past as well, and I absolutely do not agree with that attitude. But I don't think that justifies our behavior. Really, when has fighting fire with fire helped anyone? If we disagree with how someone is behaving, why do we have to engage? Isn't it better to not waste our energy on such things instead or politely express our displeasure at the attitude, then step away and be the better person?
These are just (my) beliefs, however so I rest my case. I just wanted to step in and give an explanation for the earlier post so as not to come off as a complete dick for no reason.
Apologies.

Abay chal.

2023-06-26 05:31:41 (edited by Jaseoffire 2023-06-26 05:44:40)

Oh. Well, it is unfortunate to see you go. I will say, you have been a lot more levelheaded since those beginning days. I think people are holding your first impressions against you, and while I get that, I prefer to see someone's improvement, and you did improve a lot. I've been back and forth on wanting to try for this forum, but it sounds like this forum needs a set of skilled programmers, of which I am not anymore if I could ever be counted as skilled. Looking at the other thread, there might still be contributions I could make.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2023-06-26 13:49:20 (edited by Cornettoking 2023-06-26 13:50:35)

@2: I honestly don't think it's the users (or a group of users) holding this site back. What is holding this site back is the fact that necessary changes are just not made. And the webmasters are the only ones to blame for that. And if you think about it, can you really blame any admin/oderator leaving their staff position if they're abandonned by the only people who could actually improve the site code-wise? Of course, some of the site's problems are on the staff as well, see posts 25 and 26 for an example.

@8: Drama? I mean maybe my time on the forum has just taught me what topics to avoid, but I feel like drama-wise, the site has gotten a lot better in the past year or so.

With all that out of the way (and leaving my personal opinion of you (@Jayde) out of this post), I'm just going to say I hve respect for you for remaining in this (as others have said) thankless (and possibly futureless) position for so long. In fact, my respect goes out to anyone who currently is in a staff position here or has been in a staff position recently (in the past 1-3 years, that is).

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2023-06-26 14:59:16

The thing is, one of the side effects of this migration was to get staff members with coding chops access to the server to do the necessary maintenance. That's been done, but yet, nothing's been fixed.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-06-26 23:47:29 (edited by Ugat 2023-06-26 23:52:03)

looking at this in an objective way I can say that even though @Jayde has had his issues, We all have had our own, non of us are inisent in what will eventualy become this forum's downfall, a downfall non of us, even the remaining moderators can prevent. For stepping back, knowing what the future on this sight would hold for you Jayde, you have my respect. Face it folks, more of us needs to follow the guys example and leave this crumbling place lest we all get destroyed in the ensuing explosion that is going to reduse this place into a psteaming pile of rubble

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2023-06-27 02:31:13

@op
yeah. That is your decision and we must respect it. And, with me, all people thanks you for stay in the past and helping to the staff team. I don't know about you, so I can't say anythink more. Just I give you good wishes.

Regards,
Felix.

2023-06-27 10:43:05

@32: Yes, that's another problem. After the migration at the beginning of 2023, nothing has been improved and we haven't heard anything on the matter and I'm seriously starting to doubt that things will ever be improved/fixed.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2023-06-27 14:51:14

@33 Do you mean that in a sarcastic way? Because last I checked, my personal destruction is not linked to the downfall of this forum in any way smile

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2023-06-27 20:18:07

@32 and @35 agree on both counts here. I won't go into much detail on how I feel about all of this as this is not the time for it but *sies* All I'm gunna say is if nothing has been done by now, shit ain't gunna get done at all! Sorry, but it's true. I'm not gunna link the post as if you haven't seen it, you will and I'm sure I'm gunna get another warning as clearly some staff likes to view my frustrations regarding this whole thing as antagonizing. Regarding to the topic at hand though, @1  do indeed hope that whatever you're going through gets better for ya. We may not see eye to eye on a lot of things but if it's any consolation, you've indeed did keep the ball rolling, as it were, than most staff I've seen here and that's saying something coming from me. You've stuck around even when you didn't want to and that says loads. The only thing I'll say is keep working on yourself as I'm sure you have been.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2023-06-29 12:22:04

I am coming to this late, but in my defense, I truly do my best not to check this forum unless something's brought to my attention. No wonder, given I end up regretting it half the time ...

I'm sure you know what I think of this, and hopefully also that there's good intent behind those grumpy thoughts. But all the same, may this bring you some peace. I hope you manage to wash off the stink of this corpse of a website off for good this time, and that, wherever the ocean of life might take you, you'll be happier there.

Good luck, Jayde.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2023-06-30 16:41:09

Hi,
Thank you for all you have done for this place. I won't go into all the nuances with your good doing or bad doing, as I honestly think it's not us who should judge. I have had my problems with you, but I have also had some good exchanges with you

I hope your life improves.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com