2023-01-27 17:30:05

I was searchhing the forum when I saw this error:

Database reported: Data too long for column 'search_data' at row 1 (Errno: 1406).
[Extraneous text removed]
The error occurred on line 282 in /home/public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/include/search_functions.php

I don't think anyone but the webmastters can fix this, so good luck to anyone who uses the search function.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2023-01-27 18:30:45

Actually this might be due to the ongoing migration that the webmasters are indeed a part of.
Check the news room and another topic on this room for more info.

Abay chal.

2023-01-28 02:01:07

Ah ok.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2023-01-28 06:58:07

Let me know if you are able to reproduce this now that the migration has completed. Thanks for the report!

2023-02-02 05:29:24

Now the search feature doesn't work at all. No error, but when I type in a search term the results page doesn't load.

#FreeTheCheese

2023-02-20 23:20:57

I'm currently rebuilding the search index database. Hope that this will solve the issues...it is rather slow, though, thanks for your patience!

2023-02-21 00:58:56

No, that did not solve the issue, but it took quite some time. Now I get the error: insane query, aborting.

Let's look into this issue later tomorrow...
Insane query is mentioned on this page:
https://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic … -aborting/

2023-03-09 15:50:25

Any news on fixes to the search function? It's one I use a lot when looking for topics and posts on old games, and yet for several weeks it's not worked.

if it's still part of the ongoing migration and isn't yet fixed up, fair enough, I just thought I'd check that it wasn't a problem at my end.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2023-03-14 13:14:34

It's not a problem on your end; it doesn't work for me either.

#FreeTheCheese

2023-03-14 20:03:11

@8 & 9 I mean... It does work, but it's really slow when loading the page of results when searching. Admins may wanna give this  a look. Is it possible that there's a higher php version on said new server that this forum software isn't quite compatible with? I'm only second guessing here so no coming at me. If the search index has indeed been rebuilt, that should have fixed it but still loading slower than before.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy