2011-11-24 11:34:09

Well Here's something of a shock, a large, ground to air shock with extra monkies in fact!

Anyone who's been poking around our forums recently will know that Philip Bennifall, he that is behind blastbay studios, ---- well he's also in front, above, below, and just about everywhere else blastbay related too, is coming up with a new game, perilous hearts!

This is to be a ful 2D side scrolling adventure in audio, jungle swinging, animal hunting, monkey mutilating, tag line finding! A real monster in fact.

The bad news is the games' not been released yet. The good news however, is that there is now a concept demo of the game which you can Downloadify here

be aware this is stil something of a rough cut and a few aspects of the game like cutscenes are stil missing, however the gameplay of the first two levels is certainly there and should give you a very good idea of what the game is like.

if you enjoy this, feel free to send Philip some Extra donations here so that he can insure the ful game is as good as possible.

should you want to send him your monkies instead of money, ---- well you'll need to first get them past the Rspcpm   blockade that's currently blocking up Philip's entire driveway with a giant tank manned by hoards of psychotic litle hairy primates howling for Philip's blood as the multiple monkey murderer he is, ---- that's the royal society for the prevention of cruelty to psychotic monkies.

Hopefully he'll be able to finish the game despite this setback, ---- though rumour says Dr. wobble is coming out of retirement to inflict monkey related pains to pay Philip for his intensive nastiness to all things small and apelike.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-12-06 16:34:33

If there can be online mode included, I might be able to send monkeys via the web. Lol. If they can pass the firewall. Lol.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-08 10:42:39

But seriously, this game is gonna be awesome! Peace out!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-08 17:04:33

Moderation!

blindncool, posting stuff with lots of random letters together like your first message really isn't a good thing, sinse it's hard to read and rather nonsensical to a screen reader, also please don't double post which i've seen you do before, as others have mentioned it does clutter up the forum.

I completely understand your looking forward hugely to perilous hearts, indeed so am I, but please try to express your anticipation in posts that don't muck up the forum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-01-09 17:15:20

Does anyone know when this game is gonna be released? I gotta get my hands on it! Oh, and how much is it? I may be broke, but I could probably get a huge chunk o' change from my savings.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-09 17:24:21

savings, you may rather have as many, but in my case, i've only one thing left to say,

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-11 21:23:39

Hi,

I don't think an actual release date per say has ever been set but I've heard around March or April if all goes well. That makes sense. Philip said the game is a long way into development, and doesn't have a lot to do. However, as a programmer myself I know that regardless of how well you plan a date to release something things can and often do go wrong at the last minute causing the release date to get pushed back. So let's wait and see.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-01-12 11:51:38

I actually think the audio game devs should probably post a sort of universal answer to that question, sinse people are always asking "when will game x be released" and the only absolutely true answer any dev mostly gives is "when it's ready"

I deffinately understand people looking forward to the game, heck, I'll certainly be buying perilous hearts myself when it does! eventually come out, but sinse all audio game devs are small outfits (often just one person), with few resources and no huge corporate release schedules, and thus work on the game is done as and when possible around the rest of their lives, it always confuses me that people constantly ask "when will it be out" even though it's been repeatedly said that there is rarely a definitive answer.

Of course, this is totally different to the question of a company who've fallen off the map for three or four years and been out of touch, and in those sorts of cases I would be the first to start trying to find out more information about what's happening with a project.
But when something has had a recent announcement, and it's clear developement is happening, perhaps the "when is it out" question shouldn't really be one people ask.

2012-01-12 23:21:20

Hi Dark,

Oh, I hear you there. None of the audio game developers have the time, energy, or the resources of a mainstream game company. Therefore we shouldn't have to set final release dates, because some of us have day time jobs, family, and other things going on that makes scheduling an actual release date for a game difficult if not impossible. After we saw what happened to James North its not surprising the best answer people can get is something like, "it will be released when its done."

You know its only been maybe a week since I announced I was reworking Mysteries of the Ancients, and am now working on a game called Temple of Life with 3d levels and all. I've had at least ten e-mails already asking me when it will be done. I've barely just began the work and people are expecting me to give them an idea when the game will be out when I haven't a clue myself. As a developer I'd really wish people wouldn't ask questions like that. Especially, when they know I've just announced my plans let alone work up a beta version. Sheesh!

I don't know if it is a simple case of impatients or an unrealistic view on how much time it takes but there are people in the audio games community that just fail time and time again to understand these things take time. We hardly hear from GMA between game releases, but on average it seems to take them two years to put out something new. When they do it tends to be something fairly advanced and revolutionary. That's just one example of how much time it can take to put out something of fairly decent quality. I'd say one to two years should be pretty average for something as advanced as the games GMA produces, and perhaps less time for the types of games Spoonbill and Kitchens Inc produce. In either case it will take a while to create anything for the public to try and play. Asking for release dates a week, month, and even six months after the initial announcement may not be enough time for the developer to know when it will be released let alone tell anyone else.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com