2022-03-27 21:02:20

Okay, i do not wish in this topic to writhe about another game, but Skline can you create another topics for improvement of 4x games or specificaly of the distands worlds 2. I know that this game is single player, but when i say with my brother, i mean to he assist me, because he is sighted.

2022-03-27 23:03:07

I tested a distands worlds 2 and i can choose faction, advance through starting tour, and after that i know that manny menus are partialy accessible, but i do not know how to closse galactopedia or something like that. It take so much space of the screen and i can see a topics of this help, and for this reason i can not see other details.

2022-03-27 23:37:12

Milos,

I created a separate topic in General Discussions.

To close the galactopedia, press F1. Most of the game screens can be opened with function keys or icons near the top of the screen. You can probably also use escape to do so.

2022-03-28 02:08:56

@269.  which is?  We are no longer in the 1970's/early 80's to play a game without even a simple beep sound brother.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2022-03-28 05:34:08

if i was correct,  it have a good versiohn in 2016 with  very good sounds and lookings, but it is not accessable.

2022-03-28 06:34:00

The version from 2016 is generally not considered worth playing by people who have followed the series, unfortunately. It's not quite as bad a dud as MOO 3 was, but it's not as good as it could have been either.

I can understand people's desire for sounds, but I have to explain that the particular version we're able to play was never really meant for people to use. The project of which it is a part was a recreation of the original game from the 90s, and it included the text version as a proof of concept more or less. We're very lucky it happens to work well for us by pure coincidence. The recreation itself does have the original sounds, but it is also inaccessible because it uses SDL graphics technology, which no screen reader I'm aware of supports.

So that's why things are the way they are with this particular program.

2022-03-28 08:04:27

sorry, can you tell me  what is like Moo3 and what is the different from 2016 as you said it's bad or not worth to play? because i know very little to  this game.

2022-03-28 18:25:20

The main issues I remember were that a lot of the core gameplay systems like travel between stars didn't feel like the previous entries in the series. From an external perspective it looked like they took the races and lore of the MOO games and put them into a generic 4X space title. I honestly never tried to play it, mostly because of the poor reception, so I'm not qualified to say whether that's true or not.

2022-04-06 00:20:02

Hello all, can any explain how work combat system, and what is command to lead my battles? I can participate in a battles through auto resolve command, but i wish to give orders to my unit. I do not know how combat work, and what is a commands. Please help me.

2022-04-06 02:21:16

Milos,

COmbat îs an area I want to fix up, but it is kind of confusing. Basically the commands you want to use are "l," to see places on the battle grid you can move or shoot at, and the positions on the grid such as "A3," or "b5," to move your ships and shoot your weapons. the text-based combat display is probably the part of the game that's hardest to use at the moment.

Basically, you always start out on the left edge of the screen, unless you're defending a planet, in which case I think your opponent does. Your ships are divided into groups based on the type of ship, and the game prints out a grid which is something like 8x10 squares. The tricky part for us is that the grid isn't always easy to understand, and that it gets redrawn frequently. The combat code draws the grid whenever the situation changes, a missile is fired, ships move, weapons hit, etc. The grid has specific symbols for damage, for enemy missiles, and for asteroids, among other things. THere's no text indication of what happens aside from the symbols i mentioned.

I did have a work in progress which showed a bit more info, like damage numbers and the current-selected ship group in the prompt, but I don't know where that code got to and will probably just have to recreate it.

2022-04-06 10:20:58

Okay, i know that. Combat is somethink like chess board. x coordinates (from left to right is divided in to squares and all square is one letter from a to j. y coordinates is from  top to bottom and it is divided in to squared but instead of letter here is numbers from one to eight. i try with that to move my ship on another location but it do not work i type k4 but nothing happen. i try with command m k4 to launch my missile there, but again nothing happen

2022-04-06 18:13:49

Hi,

Okay, part of the confusion I think is that "m," is a toggle, it isn't a launch missile command. If you have missiles equipped and the toggle is on, which I believe it is by default, you will launch your missiles at the square you type. Keep in mind that your ships only have a limited number of missiles per combat.

Also note that your ships can only move a certain number of squares based on their engines. In the early game it's a very small range, something like one or two in any direction. The "l," key is a "look," command, which redraws the grid with periods in the squares you can move to. I don't remember if there's a separate symbol for squares you shoot at.

I hope this clarifies a bit. The grid is basically redrawn after every turn, and if nothing happens it means you probably typed something the game didn't understand, or were trying to do something your ship couldn't do.

2022-04-12 12:35:32

Any advices how i can make a rebell in enemy empire? how spy system work, and how to make sabotage on enemy  teritory. I need instruction what to type which command

2022-04-13 05:24:55

Milos,

Spies are a bit unusual. Basically, it takes a certain amount of time and money to put a spy network in an enemy empire. You would type something like "spy sacra 50," to spend 50% of your spy budget on putting a new spy network in. It takes a few years to put one together, and you can see the number you have and how much time it will take to add another with the "races," command.

Once you have one or more spies inside, you can tell them to sabotage. Type something like "spy sacra sabotage." This will order your spies to start sabotage missions. The chance for them to succeed is dependent on the tech level of the enemy empire, as well as counterintelligence spending on their part. You will get a prompt if they succeed inviting you to choose what to sabotage.

Finally, if you have at least  one spy network in an empire, you can use the "report," command to give you info on their tech level. This is the only way to keep abreast of what research they're doing. The report is updated as long as you have at least one spy network in an empire, no matter what it's doing.

All this is explained in some detail in the manual, which is included in the game archive, as well as the official strategy guide i've linked to earlier in this thread.

2022-04-15 23:10:00

Does have any way to give order to all my fleets to come to one location? If i want to regroup all my fleet at system 16, and i have fleets in 20 systems, how i can with one command give them order to come to wanted system? Is it possible, and any advices what is best strategy to defeat a missile bases?

2022-04-16 00:43:57

And also, i need a help about sending fleets. If i have in my fleet fighter, frigate and cruiser. In one system i have 10 fighters, 10 frigates, and 10 cruisers, and i wish to send in to another system 5 ships from all class, i try with command exactly:
fs 14 555
It not work, what i need to type?

2022-04-16 06:07:06

Milos,

The "Fs," command is a little confusing. IF you do "fs," you need to include the number of ships from each of your ship designs that you are going to send, whether they  actually are at the planet or not. The order of these designs is shown in the "fleet," command. You need to occasionally put 0s in. So it's something like "FS 15 5 0 0 0 5", depending on the order.

At the start of the game you only have a colony ship and two scouts, but you have designs for a basic fighter and bomber, which are taking up space in the design list and will always be 0. So I recommend scrapping those as soon as you can and replacing them with something better. You will only ever have up to 6 designs in production at any time. Furthermore, if you just want to send the first design in the list, you can just use one number and omit the rest. It only becomes tricky when ou have different designs, or want to send one of the ones on the far end or whatever.

As a shortcut, you can just do "fs system," to send all the ships in one system to another, regardless of their design.

To answer your other question, you can use "Fs," commands, or the "Rloc," command, to send ships that are built on one world to another one. I recommend not spreading out over too many systems because it becomes hard to manage.

Your question about missile bases is a good one. If you can research better armor and shield tech, you can ignore missile hits. Shields in particular will just ignore damage below a certain point. I also recommend bombarding the planet from orbit if you can, which will destroy bases each turn.

Hope this helps.

2022-04-16 12:58:48

Thanks Skline, it work. When you tell me that you suggest me that i do not spread on to many systems, what you mean? Currently my strategy is to colonise as many system as I can, because on that way i can get more resources, more ships, money from taxes, tech points, and population. But this is hard to managing big number of systems.What you mean about strategy in which i colonise systems and give them governor to manage this system instead of my managing?

2022-04-16 18:11:10

Milos,

That's one way to do it. I was more talking about not having so many ships across many systems if you can avoid it, because it's harder to remember where they all are, and arranging for them to reach an enemy  is sometimes hard.

I know of a few MOO players who don't build anything until war is declared or shortly beforehand. The downside to building a large number of ships is that they need to be maintained, which is a potential drain on the economy. Of course, maintenance on small ships is individually trivial, but it can build up if you aren't careful. The "emp," command provides info on how much you are spending and on what.