2022-03-22 09:30:38

Hello everyone!
I play GTA V since 2016 and i really enjoyed GrandTheftAccessibility mod, released about two or three years ago.
Unfortunately, it looks like development of this mod is stuck. Last release was more than a year ago, mod website does not open, we have no news about this mod.

I wanted to improve the GTA11Y mod and decided to decompile it to get source code.
I didn't find any license at website and in mod's files, so i think i have right to decompile and modify this source without any punishment.

At the moment i have done the following improvements:
* Slightly fixed altitude indicator to beep less frequently;
* Fixed bugs when changing main settings too many times;
* Changed the way how mod announces speed;
* Added info about aircraft's roll angle and tangage angle for more comfortable piloting;

And about last aircraft thing: i will try to add automatic alerts for too big roll and tangage angles, about course changes (like it works in 3D Velocity).

I will upload GTA11Y mod in current state of development, but be warned that this is a debug build with much more files included, this build can be unstable and possibly crash the game or do something else.

Please, report any bugs and send your ideas in this topic.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At4lSWHDc4Xvh99kPsR … Q?e=6xxBZs

2022-03-22 10:12:36

Liam has actually released the Sourcecode on github a few weeks ago. So you can actually use that if your decompiled version is messed up somehow.
Now to my questions.
1. The files which are in the zip file don't seem to be compiled. Which tools would I need to compile them sucessfully?
2. Would it be possible for you to add a feature that actually speaks out altitudes instead of making these beeping sounds?
3. Can you build in a feature that allows one to track a stationary object and get relative directions to it?
Thanks.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2022-03-22 10:23:31

Yeah why do you want to decompile this stuff, the source is there lol

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2022-03-22 10:23:58

yes. Please see http://github.com/liamerven/gta11y

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2022-03-22 10:25:41

I think he decompiled and started work on this prior to the source being publicly available.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2022-03-22 11:00:05

soren wrote:

Liam has actually released the Sourcecode on github a few weeks ago. So you can actually use that if your decompiled version is messed up somehow.
Now to my questions.
1. The files which are in the zip file don't seem to be compiled. Which tools would I need to compile them sucessfully?
2. Would it be possible for you to add a feature that actually speaks out altitudes instead of making these beeping sounds?
3. Can you build in a feature that allows one to track a stationary object and get relative directions to it?
Thanks.

Hey!
Thank you for info about sources, but if you attach a link to github, it would be great.

About your questions:
Files in zip-file are compiled and i use them while playing as is. Yes, there are some pdb files which are normaly not needed, but this is a debug build and without this pdb mod will not work. Sorry for that. I will make release version without extra libraries and other junk files.

About altitudes, yes, i thought about it and i will do this after code refactoring. I think i will add one more switch "speak altitude" near "beep altitude".

About stationary objects... I don't know, so i will not promise anything. But i will try. It is really good idea and i will try to implement this... Again, after code refactoring.

2022-03-22 11:02:09

i wonder if you fixed the bug that turning off vehicle announcment of speed, wouldnt stop announcing the speed, and an idea would be adding addon vehicle support, basicly just scanning your game for addon vehicles and displaying them along side, or in a seperate menu to the normal vehicles. Now, i do not know how to do this, but menyoo does, and it is open source

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2022-03-22 11:02:18

Liam wrote:

yes. Please see http://github.com/liamerven/gta11y

Thank you so much!
Be sure, original source code will help me maintaining this mod.

2022-03-22 11:03:14

soren wrote:

I think he decompiled and started work on this prior to the source being publicly available.

You are absolutely right!
I have started with this thing in december 2021.

2022-03-22 11:29:22

Though I'm happy to hear you are doing this, it would have been polite for you to have contacted me and asked for permission to do this especially if you had started back in December. It is what it is though.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2022-03-22 12:38:28

i would like to point out that the file called ScriptHookVDotNet3.dll crashs the game when extrackted with the mod in to the scripts folder, this mod also does not contane the hashes.txt or the sound effects, so, unles they are now stored inside the dll files somewhere, the mod requires the original to funksion

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2022-03-22 13:49:27

you broke angle calculation pretty badly, you flipped it around. left of north starts on 360 and goes down, right of north starts at 0 and goes up, not the other way around. northwest is *not* 45 degrees.

devin

2022-03-22 15:52:18

Could you make it work only with keyboard? I don't have numpad.

2022-03-22 20:16:54

The speed was being miscalculated as well because it was  using an internal game unit which has to be multiplied by a certain factor to yield the correct speed, that needs fixed. I don't remember the number anymore but it's findable. Also the spawner doesn't properly release control of the vehicles it spawns to the game so that the game can clean them up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-03-22 21:49:44

Hi,
Haven't tried this mod out, and not gonna try it until it is stable, but not because I don't want, I would just need to install my gta back and so on, but anyways. Can you add auto driving feature? There were some mods that I have installed before that autodrives you, but it doesn't work if you set something on the map, and they are working incorrectly with newer gta versions. So if you could implement that, this would also be great! And about more ideas, I could think of many many ideas, but I have no idea what is possible, and what is not.

The greatest joy you'll ever learn,
Is to love and be loved in return.

2022-03-22 22:08:41

Liam wrote:

Though I'm happy to hear you are doing this, it would have been polite for you to have contacted me and asked for permission to do this especially if you had started back in December. It is what it is though.

Sorry for that impoliteness, but i didn't find any of your contacts. I wanted to ask for permission or even ask for sources, but didn't succeeded.

2022-03-22 22:12:17

Thank you all for replies, bug reports and wishes.
I will try to implement and fix as soon as i have enough time.

2022-03-23 11:07:36

Talking about GTA It's a game that I really like.
By the time Liam was no longer working with it I was a bit sad. But thank you for resurrecting it.
Thank you Liam for a great mod

2022-03-23 20:27:08 (edited by mhr91358 2022-03-23 20:51:36)

gta, take me back to child hood
so i played gta5, never managed to understand gta versions
anyway
can i have a link for gta?
also, can i have a tutorial about how i can install this mod? thank you in advanced,
is the game paid or free now?
and is the online mode playable?

You can find me on Mastodon, @[email protected], you can E-Mail and Skype me, [email protected], Discord me: muhammad_hussam. Telegram me: mhr_musician. Steam me: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 … 8855/home/

2022-03-24 10:35:27

The game is payed and will probably stay so in the near future, though it'll probably get a price reduction when GTA VI comes out.
If you want to get it, there's a nice little thing on the steam website called search. It lets you type in a game's name to find it! how cool!
And finally, no, the online mode doesn't work with mods. It won't even let you launch GTA online if it detects the script hook.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2022-03-27 09:00:43

badb ad bad bad gta developers, they should let us play, aaaaarg

You can find me on Mastodon, @[email protected], you can E-Mail and Skype me, [email protected], Discord me: muhammad_hussam. Telegram me: mhr_musician. Steam me: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 … 8855/home/

2022-04-09 14:09:38

cyrmax_it Can you check my PM?

2022-04-09 18:09:41

I have the mod, but I don’t know how to use it very well. The README file is a bit hard to understand.

The people who love you the most,   are the people who matter most in your life.

2022-04-18 17:27:50

Is it possible to read things such as press e to watch the tv in any way? With OCR it's kind of hard to understand what key to press as it can not read them properly, it reads them like bullet etc. And oh, you actually can play the story with this mod and simple trainer and auto drive. In the first mission, you have to locate an object called something like cash something, i don't remember the name. It takes some time but you'll find it eventually. After that, you can skip the current section if you fail the mission 3 times by pressing space and then enter.

Best regards: Marco

2022-04-19 04:54:40

The online version for PS5 is free if you wanted to mess around with it there. You won't have the mod of course, but you can walk around and do stuff. You'll probably need help setting up your character, but after that you can just open the game, hit right arrow once, press X, and you're in the game.