2022-03-20 13:45:29 (edited by Dark 2022-03-21 10:07:30)

“why did the cyber elf cross the road?”

In truth I don’t know officer.
Yes, I did expressly tell the cyber elf not to cross the road.

No I didn’t order the cyber elf to cross the road, I said “don’t cross the road.”
I said “this is a really busy road, do not! Cross the road.”

Yes, I was aware that it was rush hour, I even said to the cyber elf “don’t cross the road, it is rush hour!”

No I didn’t tell the cyber elf to stand in the middle of the road.
Well No, I didn’t’ tell it to cross the road, I didn’t even believe it would begin crossing the road.

No I know that it stated the reason it was standing in the middle of the road and refusing to move was because I told it not to cross the road, but I didn’t even tell it to go into the road in the first place.

No I didn’t know that that truck was carrying 40 tonnes of compressed gorilla intestines.
No I was not aware that that other truck was carrying flammable gas, though I became aware quickly when my eyebrows vanished.

No I’m sorry, I did not know that there was another truck carrying 40 tonnes of toxic waste on route.
Well I would have warned the driver, accept that I was choking from all the smoke, when that other truck dumped it’s load of liquid manure.

No, I  was not aware all of these  trucks were on route, well not until they met each other rather violently.
Well perhaps the cyber elf chose this time not to cross the road, because I’d told it not to cross the road, and it was just waiting for the least inconvenient time to not do so?

Wait a minute officer is that your police car?
Yes officer, I just heard you tell the cyber elf not to drive your police car.
Oh look, it has stopped just like you wanted, now your police car is in the middle of the road.

No officer, I don’t think the cyber elf had a mother, much less a mother who was one of those.
Yes officer, I do indeed see another truck approaching your car at high speed, and what is that it’s carrying?

Oh dear!

Now hopefully people will excuse me for a while, it seems I need to emigrate to the Antarctic, wear a false moustache, and go and find a false passport in the name of Norman Bartholomew Fitzwilliam plummington the third!

Fortunately, that nice police officer has offered to help, well that nice ex police officer I should say.

For now, enjoy this weeks updates, and don’t mind the smell!

Updates by dark:

Trigaea: Entry and description.

Inheritance: updated site and download links to the latest version.

Lost vault: entry, description and links.
Updates by Pitermach:

Fixed link to max pain Mod for Superliam.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-03-20 13:58:45

@1, poor officer.

2022-03-20 14:00:28

I updated Super Liam's entry with a working link to the Max Payne mod

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2022-03-20 14:06:04 (edited by Dark 2022-03-20 14:07:20)

@Pitermach, sorry about that, I found the topic in site and forum feedback after I'd posted this news article.

Updated it now though.

@Taurus Fan, what officer? Who said anything about an officer?

I, mr. Norman Bartholomew Fitzwilliam Plummington the third, of the antarctic no know police officers!

I do remember hearing about a terrible incident involving a pile up between various trucks carrying smelly and dangerous chemicals, which apparently also involved a member of the police force who left their car in the middle of the road, causing yet more carnage, but the whereabouts of the owner of that car are similarly unknown, and the only people in this remote corner of the  antarctic are myself, and a very nice lady by the name of Miss Sue Donim, who is absolutely not a police officer, has never been a police officer, has not been within one thousand miles of any police officer in her life, and as far as I am aware does not even include the words "police officer", in her vocabulary!

Well us and about 100 cyber elves who we can't get rid of, we've tried feeding them to the penguins, but we don't want to draw the attention of green peace.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-03-21 09:52:52

Wow Dark, that was definitely one of your best ones.  I especially liked the compressed gorilla intestines, very inspired!
Also, this is partly why I like these posts, I didn't even know that Trigaea was a thing until it was mentioned here...  Sounds awesome!
I thought I should mention by the way, their is a misspelling of the game's name in the following line from the database entry.
"As well as a variety of ways to upgrade your character and different strategies in combat, *Trigiaea* really shines in the variety of choices in its story."

Thanks for the work guys!

2022-03-21 10:17:52

@Defender, Thanks for letting me know about the typo, fixed now.
It's good the db is helping point people in the direction of games, because Trigaea is well worth a try if you like rpgs and interesting scifi, (I literally couldn't put it down for several hours), and I did feel a bit sorry for the developer who mentioned not really getting as much interest pre-launch as the game deserves.

Oh, and I'm glad my silliness with cyber elves amuses somebody :d.

2022-03-23 06:39:39

Hello,
Fantastic updates as usual. I'm just writing this to request a database entry for my new game, "fight!"
I'm not really sure how that would work, would that be possible?

2022-03-23 08:01:22

@Sw, I'll have a look at the game and see what I can do.

2022-03-23 09:31:37

@8: Sounds good! Many thanks smile