2011-11-21 01:04:28

Hello, moderators,

I am definitely sure that the private messaging is still active on this forum because I can see a link under each individual post named "PM". Nevertheless, I am afraid that the link that leads us to the page where we check for our private messages has disappeared somehow. This link had been placed between the navigational links so we could access it from everywhere in the forum. If you could fix that issue then it would be greatly appreciated.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-11-21 01:23:20

Hi,

I did notice the same. And actually I did just a few minutes ago when I was trying to access some info sent to me in a PM. So, any chance of getting your Inbox back? big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-21 03:52:50

Hi,
There have been several changes to the forum, all of which are quite interesting. For example, we no longer get that stupid redirecting page when posting topics. I really wish that whomever is making these changes would notify us as to what they are and why they were made, even if some are quite nice to have on their own.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-21 08:14:02

Well "whoever is making these changes" is actually Sander Huberts, the official webmaster of audiogames.net.

suspecct the reason he can't inform you of function changes is that sometimes one change negates other functions unexpectedly.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-21 10:55:07

Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that he said he updated the forum version to the newest.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-21 12:33:17

Right, we should remember this. The software he is using to power the forum is not his own creation but it's actually a third party opensource PHP package, so he does not always have perfect control over what gets changed after updating. However, I do believe the pros seriously outweigh the cons in this case, I absolutely love that the redirecting seems to have disappeared completely and loading of pages and topics seems to be that much faster in general. So I believe the link to check our PM having disappeared is just a matter of configuring the forum or something like that, and thus that it will be fixed soon.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-11-21 12:42:45

Agreed, having pages load faster is very nice, pluss if the spambot protection munawar mentions works as well as he stated we should have far less of that too.

I suspect the missing link is just an interface change, and therefore easily fied.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-21 13:06:14

Hi,

Currently, you can get your inbox back wen you are in a topic and klick the "pm" link. Then, press schift+tab to leave the priwate message creation window.
Somewere here should be a link "Inbox". Klick on it and you can see your Inbox!

Greetings,
gamefighter

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2011-11-22 04:07:02

Hi,
I definitely agree about the redirecting thing; it makes things quite a bit more fluid when navigating around.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-22 11:10:34

Hi,

I'm beginning to wonder how the system has changed to dismiss that page completely?
It speeds up things quite alot here too, seeing as though I'm on a very slow Edge connection in the morning... I get in reach of 3G in the afternoon only. Heh

--
Talon
Code is poetry.