2011-11-15 10:33:58

Well I suppose your wondering about the fortunes of the cyber elves. Things were going well, they were doing lots of horrible things to Mr. Database, and even going on litle raides to Elfton to gather up new victims, mmm, ---- volunteers, to go through the cyber converting process and expand the workforce.

This was however until some irritating person, working in the business of elf rights, uploaded the extremely destructive fluffy bunny virus! this made all my robotic elf workers start wanting to look cute and eat grass!

I am fully in favour of elf rights. Elves have the right to fair working conditions, ---- that is they work unless they want things to get unfair! holidays every few millenia, and a pention scheme. yes, we always take care of our old elves, ---- we take care of them very well in the best mafia tradition!

the result of this irritating virus is I had to employ avg, that is an axe of very much gore, to remove the infected files, ---- also the infected heads from the infected elves!

Fortunately everything worked out, though I'm now having to invest in more weaponry to find some new slaves --- mmm, that is willing workers!

Here's what has happened to the database throughout all this:

Lunimals: added link to audio walkthru.
King of dragon pass: Page and description (thanks goes to Zackary Kline for the description).
Bingo: page and description.
River raiders: page and description.

Gma tank commander: rewrote description sinse it was missing, added a number of links.

Added link to main menue review to trek 2000, slightly changed description to say the game is now freeware.
Damage extreme: page and description.
Removed entry for Montizuma's revenge.
Tombhunter mysteries of the ancients: Fixed download link, updated description with current Usa games plans, removed link to the trailer which wasn't working.

Baseball: fixed mistake in entry.
Legend of the green dragon: fixed link after googling new location of latest version.
Acefire: fixed link, added note on hosting by druhv.
Armadillo army: wrote brief description (mostly based upon games documentation sinse I've never got the game to work).

Removed entry for elder ages sinse game has vanished.
The uk audio network: updated description with currently available trivia games.
Towering tones: page and description.

guessit: fixed link, added info on new hosting by Marcrosoft.
Psypets: page and description.

X hour: Added note on current game status after an E-mail from vip gameszone.

Captain dynamite and the fallen hero: Page and description.
swamp: page created.

Core exiles: slightly cleaned up entry, added info on new exploration system.

Removed entry for Goalball one on one, sinse the game is no longer available.

Added correct sendspace hosting links to Dark's reviews to pages of Bg hearts, Fighting fantasy and x hour (though who this Dark person is I don't know).

The chronicles of Arborell: Added link to the yahoo ggroups chronicles mailing list, and removed link to the forum which is no longer available. The forum link was also removed from the pages of fighting fantasy project and age of fable.

Arborell gamebooks archive: slight entry update.

Q9: miner entry cleanup.

sonic invaders: Renamed sonic invaders (a game), so as not to confuse it with the other sonic invaders.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-15 15:11:05

Hi Dark,
Yeah; I don't know this dark person either. Now who might he be? I have this image of him cloning himself and fighting Orion over some remote island.
wink

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-11-15 20:01:19

Nope Haiden, that was Brutas, I'm pretty sure dark is someone entirely different! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-16 01:03:57

Hey Dark,

Great work on the Database. Don't know what we'd do without you around . lol smile

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-11-16 03:34:55

is there an update to any of the danger city demmos with a working link? Otherwize that entry may want to be took down too?

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-11-16 10:43:37

@Staindadict, what would you do without me around? ---- well probably be less insane for a start big_smile.

@rob, The entries that have been taken down such as Chillingham 2 and Max Shrapnel are the ones that were created when a game was announced as in developement, but where an actual playable demo never appeared.

where there was at one time something playable, as with the code factory games, there's not a lot we can do, afterall new versions of the games might be released tomorrow, or the company might declare them abandonware and so someone could host them.

Elder ages was removed sinse as a brouser game nobody could host a copy of it, and it's been missing for three or four years, also unusually, I couldn't find anything about the game on google at all.

goalball one on one was I believe only available on cd, so there is no possibility of someone hosting it, ----- pluss remembering the demo I once tried, I'm pretty certain the game doesn't come up to scratch with the guidelines anyway.

Danger city however has! a playable demo, and indeed someone could very well host that (perhaps bladestorm could as he has with some others), therefore there's litle point in removing the page, in fact I suspect if I did I'd have to rewrite it pretty soon.

2011-11-18 01:01:58

Hello Dark

The link for the lunimals walkthrough is broken. Where can i get the file?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-11-18 04:30:42

The stuff about international waters in my bingo game is true, but what is not true is the fact that you need BGT. I was able to compile the games so you don't need bgt to run them.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2011-11-18 23:18:12

Okay harrielst, that is easy to fix, I wasn't actually aware you had compiled the program.

I'm a bit confused as to what the trouble with the lunimals walkthru is, sinse I used the link given in the documentation from aprone, and last I checked it was working fine. I'd be surprised if Aprone took it down.

2011-11-19 00:05:19

I never took anything down, so I'm also not sure why he was having problems with the link.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software