2021-12-22 01:33:16

We seriously, seriously need a better mechanism for notifying users that they've received a PM. Posting and seeing these topics is annoying

2021-12-22 04:02:42

enter forum.audiogames.net.bot. The new smart technology sytem coding base interface that allows users of audiogames.net to create their own developerbots and shine their creativity. A whole new way to connect users and show the amazing features this platform has to offer. Read the docx to get started on developing your own bots for forum.audiogames.net.

2021-12-22 08:03:41

You know, in theory it wouldn't actually be the hardest thing in the world to make a script that runs locally on the users machine and scrapes the PMs page, looking for the string unread or any similar match. Say every few minutes or so, just to prevent spam. The caveat would be that you would show as online all the dam time, and also that things like the new posts link in active topics would probably break because it would assume you're always logging in. And speaking of logins, that might be it's own problem, unless you could figure out how to send raw login data and then go ahead with the scraping.

2021-12-22 09:19:28

@amerikranian: Just like I've said for pretty long time. However, many people disagree and shouted bad comments at me, so I just skip it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-12-22 10:58:41

Sigh. I mean, seriously, why is it so hard to check your pms once in a while? I know the forum doesn't notice you if there's something you haven't read yet, but it's really not that hard to click on that damn private messages link and check.

2021-12-22 11:10:36

@5 think logically.
People have a life in which they work/study/have other things to do then sit here on the forum all day and check pm's every 5 minutes. I know I exagerated that statement a bit but I'm sure you get the idea.
We do need a better pm system with notifications like @1 already stated.

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2021-12-22 12:28:13 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-12-22 12:28:46)

We all wish better could be done, but for the time being this is what we have. The administrators are in the process of transfering over the forum so hopefully this will come to an end very shortly. In the meanwhile, what's the issue with hitting H on topics like these? They'll fall to the bottom of the page in a few days anyway.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-12-22 12:51:47

Marro, if you have time for browsing the forum and click on new posts or active topics, it should be just one more click. It's just that people are lazy nowadays. Of course, I agree with the fact that we need a better system but now that's all we have, sadly.

2021-12-22 12:58:51

@8, well, it's not harming you, people can't be bothered to check their pm box every time they log in, and there is no better system yet. Until you come up with a better solution, quit your bitching.

2021-12-22 13:08:40

@1
you have received a reply.

2021-12-22 13:30:54

Sage, why not? Why is a plus one click so hard to do? I never understood the lazyness of some people nowadays. Yes, it's definitely true that we need a better system, as I've mentioned above. But until we don't have one, we must stick to what we have and we must adapt to the situation. This is almost like when a game is not fully accessible and people start bitching about how shitty it is, OMG I'm never going to play this one because I need to OCR omgomgomg I hate OCR soooo much OMG ocr is evil. It's almost the same situation and I never understood this mentality.

2021-12-22 17:09:08

We need a better system of notifications because some people, me, are often on their phone when they read the forum. The private messages link does not exist on the mobile version of the site.

2021-12-22 17:24:45

@12
It does, But you have to make the phone rotate to, Hmm, I think it's spelled lanscape or whatever, And then the links will appear.