2021-12-19 01:25:44

Hi all

So since the answers to this question change every couple years or so, I thought I should ask both for my self and anyone else interested.
It looks like eyes-free is dead, while blind android users has an active list, but I'm sure their are things I'm missing still, and I know it's not all just about the mailing lists these days either.

I'm looking for newbie friendly (within reason), mostly non toxic communities with enough activity to generally get responses to simple things within a couple days at most, and enough passable English speaking members to where I won't be annoying people constantly or talking to a brick wall all the time.
I'm also looking for groups on platforms which don't require a big accessibility learning curve for the average screen reader user or a bunch of complex workarounds to use effectively.
I'll take anything of course, I'm not a snob, all I ask is that you let us know if what your suggesting is probably not going to achieve these requests when you post about it.

Thank you all for any assistance you can give!

2021-12-19 02:00:57

accessidroid used to exist, but that seems to have died

2021-12-19 04:04:40

XDA Forums

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-12-19 05:31:04

You're not going to get great responses with regard to accessibility questions on XDA. Come to think about it, unless you're asking a dev question, you'll be lucky to get just about anything from XDA, since that's pretty much the sum of what they do.
Honestly your best and only bet at this point would be blind android users. They're not perfect, some highly elitist / toxic people on there, not to mention mods who seem to have no idea what they're doing, but it's far from the worst and I've managed to get help on there in the past.

2021-12-19 06:14:45

Blind Android Users is a pretty good group. Soft moderation, just about any Android topic is good there, and they have a website as well.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2021-12-19 14:48:21

you can join some telegram / whatsapp groups. few of them are very good.

thanks and regards.
Krantikari
visit my Youtube channel for technical related stuff

2021-12-19 23:26:21

I am in the Blind android users Telegram group, they are helpful people.
You can also do good on their website at blindandroidusers.com and the list I guess.
But I personally recommend Telegram, since you get fast answers, most speak good english and everyone is at least relatively friendly.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-12-19 23:33:51

if you are an advanced android user, or even a user just starting out, join the XDA forum, the guys are awesome.

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel