2021-06-13 00:58:58 (edited by Dark 2021-06-13 01:02:55)

Yes, it's been a long while since the last set of site updates. I'd like to explain what happened, but I really don't know.
One second, it was the second of may and I was publishing the last set of updates, the next, its the twelth of june and I'm waking up on the floor of the site updatarium wearing a set of fake elephant skin boots, a T shirt baring the slogan "laser sharks forever!" with the words "and no cyber elves", written on the back in what appears to be bbq sauce, a set of extra large engineering goggles, and some x ray swimming shorts.

I do fortunately have an old cassette tape, reading: "here is the horrifying truth! do not play this if you value your sanity!"
So of course I'll try giving it a spin.

Clockktick! click! buzzzzzzz!

"At last the machine is"
Click, twickle, twickel twickle!
"No! get away from that nozel, when I said no ccrying over spilled milk I didn't mean, ----"

fooooooooozle! crack, tickle tickle buzz!

"bloody cyber elves! How in tarnation do I get this elephant!"

Frooooozoooooom!

"No the elves were supposed to help the shoe maker Not ----!"

click buzzzzzz!

"Whaaaaats! wrooooong! wiiiiiiiith! tyiiiiiiiiime!" 

Buz, clergal!

"Yes I am speaking ancient english! Swimming trunks? Well if you insist, what do you mean they're -----"

Sploooooosh! buzzzzz.

"No I am not a Yack! or a lama, or any sort of goat!"

buzzzz, splooooosh!

"I don't care how many mega dishes the laser sharks have won! I just want my machine back, before one of those dratted elves!"

click click clickle buzzzzz frooooooosh!

"dinosaurs?"

"stomp stomp roooooooar!"

Clickk! clergal! buzzzzzzz!

(sound of irate female scream!

"No I'm sorry lady Anne boleyn! I did not mean to intrude, ----"

Smash! clatter! "off with his Head!"

vVrooooooom!
"Well who'd have known that was how Anne Boleyn lost her head, as well as I believe the worlds' first use of a dynamite powered corset. Now if I can just -----"

Vraaaaaaak!

"Oh hell hear we go  again----"

Frodge! frodge frodge frodge frodge!

"bloody! cyber elves! Year 2021, not 20021 ? You know, the world populated by humans, not cockroaches!"

Creeeeeeeek!

"who'd have thought only magnetic take could survive time travel. Oh well, hopefully this record will be clear. I'd just better write a note to myself to never listen to this, which will absolutely ensure he'll play this when he gets back, and will indeed spend the next 30 years inventing that time machine, after all, how else am I going to become my own grandfather!"

Click!

Mmmmm, Okay! well that explains everything, ----- in the sense that it explains very little.

I'm going off to get a Dna test, put on some none embarrassing clothes and punch any cyber elves I happen to run across.

In the mean time, enjoy the site updates!

Webmaster bug fix!
Entries with dots in the title now display correctly, meaning that shiftbacktic’s games such as e.x.o, and s.e.a, can be found both in the front page dropdown, and in list of shiftbacktic’s titles.

Updates by dark:

2095, beyond the human: Entry, description and links.

Changed developer info for all previously Ticon blue titles, to audiogame.it, as the audiogames association is called now.

Inheritance: updated homepage and download links to latest version.
Added download link to deathmatch, a new beginning server version from audiogames archive, though also included a note as to how buggy, unstable and unsupported this version is.

Slightly updated Warsim’s description, added link to the new youtube channel.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-14 06:26:33

Oh dear.  Well, time for some wibbly wobbly timey wimey... ... ...Get outta my phone booth you cyber menaces...

Seriously,  though, were you waiting to see what the webmasters did before doing work? Good to here about the bug fix with the database.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-06-14 18:29:54

The cyber men are just a picnic compared too cyber elves, I mean, they just want to horribly mutilate and mangle your body, drilling cybernetic parts into your screaming flesh, and then blanking all emotions from your mind,before your very sanity cracks apart at the shearr horror of the soulless monster you've become!

Cyber elves just mess things up! And believe me that's a hole lot worse! big_smile.

To be honest, I'd semi got out of the habit of doing db updates due to having a particularly bad few weeks, but when the webmasters contacted me to tell me the bug was fixed, I thought it was a good reason to start off again.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-15 04:49:43

You know what this site needs? We need the Dark/Sander/Richard backstory. We need all the AG.net lore.

I have a website now.

2021-06-15 06:35:26 (edited by Dark 2021-06-15 06:45:59)

If by AG.net lore, you mean how the site got started, I honestly don't know, since they were already up and running when I first registered in 2005. As far as I'm aware, the site was originally a project of the dutch game accessibility special interest group, and was started by Richard and Sander in an attempt to do for audiogames what sites like able gamers and oneswitch.org.uk do for other sorts of accessible games, I don't know what the current status of the dutch special interest group is, but the site still runs on a server in the Netherlands, with Richard and Sander keeping up the hosting.

Other than that, I'm not sure. Some members like Aaron, Arjan,  and Assault freak have actually been around longer than I have, indeed the site had been going over a year I think when I joined, (you can still find my first ever, introductory post Here.

I just ended up writing news for them in 2007, then taking over the db in 2008, and the rest is generally history.

If you mean AG.net lore, the tale of where the cyber elves came from, why i have a pet grue and so on, ---- well that is a dark story (as one would expect), full of terror, wonder and the confused muddle of the dreadful fear of all existance, an epic and beautiful tale so deep, complex and awe enspiring that it shal never be told, a story of such shear complexity, breadth and ineffable prolixity, that I really haven't thought of it yet big_smile

most of this stuff is just random twaddle that occurs to me, or to other news posters at the time big_smile.

2021-06-15 11:58:21

I just saw that, the sight updates of 12th june is not in the latest news of audiogames.net.
The latest is secund may yet

2021-06-15 18:28:39

Heh. So, you just ended up with the chief admin position...by chance? The way it sounded from what I remember was the them handing it over to you was... Well, I don't know. I figured you guys had a closer relationship than that. LOL!!!

I have a website now.

2021-06-15 19:38:23 (edited by Dark 2021-06-15 19:38:55)

It wasn't exactly random chance, more that they asked four people to contribute news, I was one of the four and started contributing, because I happen to enjoy the activity of stacking letters into piles until they turn into words big_smile.

I then banged the webmasters an email in 2008 asking about the db, and they changed that and made me a site mod, which they upgraded to chief admin in I believe 2012.

Remember, Richard and Sander live in the Netherlands, while I'm in England, so most of my contact with them has been via email, (usually when there are db errors), though we did once have a chat on the phone.

2021-06-17 22:01:29

What he's not telling you is that Richard and Sander are secretly wizards, and the AG.Net team was originally filled with house elves, but not of the squeaky, cheery variety, rather, a hidden breed of house elves that were hidden from the wizarding and muggle population alike, after the great backfire of 1992, when a severing charm backfired, mysteriously severing the limbs of all nearby house elves and eviscerating their faces. After 7 years developing adequate cybernetics for the house elves, the remaining population of 72 house elves were equipped with cybernetic limbs and respirators, similar to those found in the Star Wars galaxy. Thus, the cyber elves were reborn, and the site was soon to follow.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-06-23 00:18:13

I think the latest site update did not show up because of the strange extra tilda (~) character in the start of the topic title, I wonder did  the elves messed with that

2021-06-23 10:57:23 (edited by defender 2021-06-23 10:58:01)

I hope we get a new one soon.  It was pretty regular there for a while.  Like a good bowel movement.  I hope we can get that again...  Predictability can be nice.

2021-06-29 00:14:14

i mean i can turn that into a little skit :d

2021-08-11 00:08:22

brilliantly written @dark big_smile +1 for that

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2021-08-13 09:57:04

yeah but right now it's august?