2021-03-18 23:05:51

it works, and i know it doesnt have 64 bit support yet, but its still in the 64 bit voices controll panle and just says that it cant use this voice

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-03-18 23:07:13

Is it? It doesn't show up here. Maybe open a GitHub issue saying exactly how you got this to happen?

2021-03-18 23:09:05

i dont know if i was ment to, but i manually ran the reg files, if i should, how should i undo this, i think i know how, but still

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-03-18 23:20:39

THat would be why. You've managed to confuse the registry. I tried that same thing (not expecting it to work) by copying 32bit sapi voice entries into the 64bit registry. Failed miserably, good thing we had registry backups as a failsafe. This thing needs to specifically interface to teh 64bit sapi before the voice will function in 64bit applications.

2021-03-18 23:26:47

i generally expected that to be how it goes to the 32 bit sapi voices

2021-03-18 23:30:46

Do you know what’s weird though? That used to work in Windows 7. Copying 32 bit SAPI voices into the 64-bit registry used to work, but now for some reason it doesn’t anymore.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-03-18 23:30:59

If I were you, I'd wait for 64-bit support to be added in the next release, whenever that comes out.
Also, for those who care, the Chinese/Japanese/Korean language files will not read the special characters associated with these languages, even though Code Factory's implementation does. Strange. Oh well.

2021-03-19 00:57:28

Alright, I really like this so far after playing around for a while, unlike the old illegal  version this one doesn't crash randomly, thank god, I've lost a lot of Manamon 1 progress thanks to that smile
I've replayed and completed AAC after a long time as a mini test, all using this voice and haven't encountered a single crash which is really positive.
If somehow you can get it to work as a 64 bit voice, that would be so epic.

2021-03-19 01:28:32

I don't really see much of the source code there on github, yes, a couple of cpp files, but I think most of it is compiled in .lib.

2021-03-19 02:24:25

This is false. Most of the code is contained in ttsengobj.cpp. Most of the Eloquence processing code, that is.

2021-04-21 06:14:51 (edited by Socheat 2021-04-21 06:15:30)

How do I install this thing properly? I copied all of the eloquence language files, including the ecie.ini. Nothing have worked. Could anyone list the required files? And no, you don't need to zip the file and send it to me, just list the file that I need to copy.
Also, is there a way to uninstall this thing if I messed up something?
Thanks in advance.

2021-04-21 06:21:59 (edited by Quin 2021-04-21 06:22:52)

@36:

readme wrote:

Installation
It is necessary to do the installation in two stages, as outlined below.
Stage 1: Obtain IBM ViaVoice/ETI-Eloquence Files
The first step in setting this up is to get access to the ETI-Eloquence or IBM ViaVoice language files themselves. Once these files are obtained, you should copy the file IBMECI.dll into the same folder where the current dll resides. Note that if you wish to use this with ETI-Eloquence, the file is called ECI.dll. However, once copied, it should be renamed to IBMECI.dll so that it will be loaded properly.
Stage 2
Once you have access to the Eloquence files and have copied the file ibmeci.dll into the same location as TTSEng.dll, perform the following steps:
1. Open Command Prompt as administrator. This is necessary in order to set up new SAPI voices.
2. Change directories (cd) to where the Eloquence/ViaVoice files are located.
3. Type install, and press enter.
At this point, you should be able to use Eloquence/IBM ViaVoice with whichever languages you have.

It's also worth noting that you need the language files in there, not just ibmeci.dll.

2021-04-21 11:42:51

I would also like to add that the registration process adds the information that would be in eci.ini to the registry, and we have had issues when eci.ini is in the same folder as ibmeci.dll. Try removing eci.ini and it *should* work.

2021-04-21 20:42:11

Excellent news. I was able to get this to work using the files that come with JAWS.
Yes, it would be great if this worked with 64-bit programs like Komplete Kontrol. Aside from that, I only have one issue with these voices and that is the attributes in the registry. By default, the voices are named such: (language, as it was represented in the old JAWS versions) IBM TTS. For example, the American voice is named American English IBM TTS. Wouldn't it be better if the IBM TTS was before the languages, perhaps seporated by a dash, like so: IBM TTS - American English. Another thing is the language attribute. By default, it's 409, or American for everything. Because of this, the voices aren't displayed under the right language in JAWS.
Remember that in order to rename a SAPI 5 voice, it isn't enough to change just the name in the attributes sub key, the values of the (default) string value and the 409 string value in the root key of the voice must be changed as well. In order to change the language, it isn't enough just to change the language in the attributes sub key, the 409 string value in the root key of the voice needs to be renamed as well. I was able to change the names by myself, but as the languages in the attributes key used some special format with semi colons, I didn't know what values to put there for the languages.
I should mention one awesome thing about this, but that is that the special commands for Eloquence, like `v to change voices, work, at least if you are using the dll files from JAWS.

2021-04-21 21:05:57

can i ask, what is Komplete Kontrol

2021-04-21 21:23:04

A software solution and ecosystem by Native Instruments which facilitates the loading of plugins (both theirs and third party) in an effort to form a central hub for DAW integration. As Native Instruments also makes their own virtual instrument libraries, this all fits together with Komplete Kontrol serving as the cornerstone to it all.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-21 22:42:37

so a thing for people to make midis i guess. cool

2021-04-21 22:58:22

i want my 64 bits suport. it is amazing!

i am the best bread in the world.

2021-04-23 20:32:46

you can get viavoice tts free on windows by first going to www.ninite.com and installing both 7zip and filezilla. then open filezilla and go to ftp.software.ibm.com  and then buried in there under speech toolkit and voices i think is a jar file in a 6.1 folder or something like that so in there is a big .jar file, download and extract with 7zip, then you find IBM-tts and install it on windows. so if you know where to look on a free ftp site in a free .jar file, with 7zip and filezilla, both free, you can get and install and use IBM-tts voices free on windows.

2021-04-23 20:33:55

if jake made a oneCore interface as well, then it would work with narrator and work far into the future.

2021-04-23 20:36:38

everyone, just get free IBM-tts from the IBM ftp site from that JAR file. or jake's official website has it also. then you get rare languages like japanese, norwegian, danish, swedish, chinese, and chinese hong kong and korean.

2021-04-23 20:38:39 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-04-23 22:56:11)

A few things here:
1. I have searched both the FTP site and Jakes site, and I can't find IBM tts at all, let alone the rare languages you mentioned.
2. I don't believe people can even interface with Onecore unless their app is on the Microsoft Store, and I don't think you can make your own Onecore voices either.
3. Can you please not triple post? If you have something additional to say, edit your post. If you make another post by mistake, just copy it, delete it, and edit your last post with what you just posted. I did exactly that in this topic just now because I had a few more points to add. Actually, two of your posts (the first and third one) contain pretty much the same sentiments, only they're phrased differently. I think you got a warning for this once before as well, but I can't remember. Either way, it's really aggravating, so please just don't do it at all.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-23 22:59:35

You can't actually make voice for OneCore, period. And that's the reason I swear off it. It just seems like, "Hi, we did a thing." They really didn't try very hard with it. Even the way NVDA has to interface to it because it's not UWP is kinda gross.

2021-04-23 23:07:56

OneCore is just Microsoft's voice framework, nothing more.

2021-04-24 01:05:26

on jake's site it is under old software synthesizers. it has a name similar to but not exactly like:  IBM-tts-761L.exe
and the IBM company ftp site is:
ftp.software.ibm.com then go to this folder:
/software/websphere/voicetoolkit/InstallShield/VT6.0TP/Languages/TTS/win

you need filezilla to go to that ftp site, get it from www.ninite.com  and 7zip to extract .jar files.
all voices are in there, free, just use 7zip to extract the .jar files.