2021-04-16 01:10:03

yes, but it's almost quicker to do it in goldwave. In reaper, you would need to freeze the track, which would render it in place so you'd have an audio track not a MIDI one. Then, you'd shift F2 Alt H then enter to clear the preserve pitch when changing tempo checkbox. Then place a stretch marker near the end with CTRL + SHIFT + M then control M to edit it. Uncheck the box that says link start and end, then set the end to 0.001 and enter.

I made an organ using multiple instance of Oatmeal. Load up this reaper project and it'll put a bunch of oatmeal instance on a track. This shows how you can chain them together. Because it's oatmeal, it's a bit ghetto in that you have to shut off oscillator 1's amp on the 2nd through last in the chain because you can't control where it starts like you can in Sylenth. This patch would have been easier and less time consuming to make in Sylenth.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-16 02:12:34

hay everyone
this is a really interesting topic.
I also want to learn sound design by synths.
can anyone tell me a good place to start this? although I do know many effects and what they can do, but couldn't get the hang of the synth stuff yet.
any help would be really appreciated.

2021-04-16 02:22:44

Thanks GCW for the help. Something I want to try at some point is simulated voice cracks. I'm assuming that involves rapid pitch changes right at the end of words, but I've never tried it before so I'm not sure. That's gonna be a lot of fun to try. Man, I am never going back to Garage Band ever again.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-16 02:49:03

Yeah or a buffer manipulator plugin.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-16 03:14:13

So I made this using Oxe FM, Mondo mod, and RVerb. The latter two are waves plugins but Oxe Fm is free.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-16 03:20:12

That's a pretty cool sound there GCW.

TWITCH

2021-04-17 19:11:50

I'm curious. Have you guys ever had any failed experiments with synths. I just thought of one myself. As some people might know, even though I'm pretty good at whistling. I tried to run me whistling through MDA voc input so I could vocode myself with it. It gave propper notes sometimes, but other times it was a garbled mess. I've never attempted that trick again. smile

TWITCH

2021-04-17 19:48:40

I don't believe in such a concept. I've certainly made things that didn't turn out as I expected, but along the way, I learned more about the way they work. If the goal is to make a good patch, then yeah, I suppose, but if you're experimenting for experiment's sake, then I wouldn't consider a bad outcome a failure.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-17 19:55:06

I guess I was just a little disappointed is all. Like, I wanted to make my job a little easier by not having to use the midi editor as much and mainly just focus on stretching things to where they need to be. Oh well, I guess nothing is a walk in the park when dealing with production, eh?

TWITCH

2021-05-03 12:46:40

hi
this is the sound of me having fun with formants. This is done entirely in electra2 with some cool sounds I have been working on
click to listen funwithformants.wav

2022-01-19 00:17:50

Hey everyone. I also discovered Reaper. And I have Osara and SWS or whatever that thing is called. So I have a Yamaha PSRE463 Keyboard that I use to make my music. I used to use the Blastbay BGT Gaming Toolkit Tonesynth and soundtrack object to make the music I wanted to make. But when you  compare 4 sound waves to 758 voices, it is night and day. Now all this is cool but I have ran into a bit of a problem. When editing midi notes in the midi editor, I want to add in some pitch bends. I played some notes on the keyboard itself and used the pitch bend wheel and wiggled it back and 4th for some organic vibrato like a guitarist would when bending strings back and 4th. But I looked at all the pitch bend messages and it looks like an absolute mess. This may be a complicated question, but how would someone implement pitch bends in to there project using a screen reader?I mean there were literally pitch bend messages with strange numbers at every millisecond of a beat or what not. If there is no easy way to do this, then so be it. It is what it is. But if someone knows something, I would love to know. That being said, I love Reaper and I am new to Midi programming and I am loving it. It is frustrating at times but I love it anyway.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.