2021-03-16 19:56:47

Hi,
    A part of the App Store Connect process is to submit screen shots. I can cmd+r, cmd+s to save the them. My issue is though that it says the dimensions are invalid. I tried rescaling the window (cmd+2, I've been told this puts it to 100%), but it still gives me the same error. I'm not sure if I need actual screen shots to get approved, or if I just need images in general, but either way, is there an easy way of resizing images? I could probably even try to generate them with something like Chris Norman's txt to image thing, but I'm not sure if that would work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

2021-03-16 20:47:20

You'll almost certainly need someone sighted.  Perhaps you can do evil things with ffmpeg.

It is important to remember that Apple does actually review your stuff.  You can't fake your way past this.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-03-16 20:52:35

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It's odd that taking a screen shot in Apples fucking provided simulator fucks up the size. SMH.

2021-03-16 21:21:33

Hm, seems thats a bit of a problem sometimes. There's a few threads [here] and [here] that might help.

As a side note, a straightforward way of resizing the images directly or adjusting alpha characteristics could be done with BrushTone.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2021-03-17 00:10:19

OK I got it. You have to go into the simulator, press command + 1, then command + s. You also have to look at Apple's reference for different screen sizes and substitutions.