2021-03-02 20:26:12

Hey guys,

Don't know if you all might be able to help me solve this but I am creating a soundpack for an alien verses predator mud, and I am having a bit of a problem using the Note function. The trigger works as expected but for one little quirk. It's repeating the triggered line twice. A friend helped me test with a script prefix and it is only triggering once so something is a miss with one of my settings from the sound of it. If there is anyone in this forum that is fiddled around with the Note function could you advise me as to if there are certain settings I have to change in order for it to trigger only once? I'll post the trigger line and the send to line below just in case.
trigger: You detect STAR prey LBracketStarRBracket to the STAR LParrenStar roomRParren.
command to send: NoteLParrenQuotePercent1 Percent3 Percent4QuoteRParren

Thanks guys,
Taljazz

2021-03-03 00:12:24

that doesn't have anything to do with the Note function, because obviously the trigger occurs twice. So thats an issue with the trigger text.

2021-03-03 08:26:07

is there any particular reason your code snippet contains LParen instead of (, RParen instead of ), and Quote instead of "?

2021-03-06 23:21:21

I attempted to put the symbols but it would not let me post the topic if I did.

2021-03-06 23:47:21

Wrap that rascal! No, not your johnson, your code goes in code tags. They're like HTML except they use square brackets rather than angle brackets. So code and /code with the brackets enclosing them and the text between the open and closing tags.

Anyway, after testing this, I've come to the conclusion that it's a bug in either Mushclient or one of the plugins being used, because I can duplicate this.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-06 23:55:39 (edited by stewie 2021-03-06 23:56:12)

Hey, this is an issue with mushclient combined with mush reader. I've had this issue before, I think if you use print instead of note it doesn't trigger it.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-03-07 03:03:27

It does, I tested this alongside Note to be sure.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-07 06:19:23

If you have omit from output checked in the edit trigger dialog, you must switch the send to combo box to script after omit, otherwise it will run twice. Not sure why that is.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-03-08 04:44:39

Ah OK.

End racism
End division
Become united