2021-02-16 16:08:36

hello.
I am having a problem with my Bluetooth.
I can't connect any devices to my pc via Bluetooth. so to try and fix it, I whent to device manager. and I looked at the Bluetooth HID device, and I saw this.
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
I googled how to fix it, and tried didn't work. updating drivers also didn't work.
any ideas?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-02-16 16:15:43

Yeah. it might be hardware.  You can get bluetooth dongles off Amazon for well under $20 if I recall correctly.  I think maybe even under $10.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-02-16 16:29:14

mmm......
thanks.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-02-16 16:50:14

First, go into settings and make sure bluetooth is on. Windows I, devices, bluetooth. I wouldn't imagine that would give you the code 10 error, but still, it's worth checking all paths before you shell out $$$.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-16 17:39:43

At four, that is one of the first things I did.

2021-02-16 18:44:01

I have seen a good bluetooth adaptor on amazon go for around $7 or $8

2021-02-16 19:05:28

So, what exactly is going on? You try to connect a device, then what? Obviously the expected behaviour is that said device connects, so what is happening instead?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-02-16 19:14:47

uninstall the driver and restart the system. Windows will bring it back. See if that helps.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-16 19:28:44 (edited by Kitsune 2021-02-16 19:29:39)

@8, ok, will try that.
@7, appsolutely nothing.
I think it says driver error.

2021-02-16 20:26:20

@8, didn't work.

2021-02-16 20:42:13

Prolly needa external module then

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-16 20:44:52

@11, I won't be using bluetooth that much anyways.

2021-02-16 21:07:46

long shot, but it's always worth opening a command prompt as administrator and running a system file check with the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes. this will fix or replace damaged system files.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2021-02-16 21:27:37

Also, there is a utility to check for missing/outdated drivers, my guess would be typing, "driver updates", in the start menu and see what you get

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-16 21:27:47

@13, I will check

2021-02-16 23:58:20 (edited by Kitsune 2021-02-16 23:59:02)

@13 and 14, no dice sad