2021-02-13 19:46:41

I've been following the development of Chinese MMO's for a few years, being exposed to Return of the King first. I tried Dreamland during the early days, but couldn't get the hang of it and didn't play for too long.
I never played RotK, but I knew there was a vocal group of English players in the community, and the same could be said (although to a lesser extent) to Dreamland.
With the release of World of Mist, I'm considering playing one again, although my complete inability to read or speak the Chinese language seems like less of a daunting entry barrier, thanks to Instant Translate.
I understand World of Mist is the newest game to be released, but I'm considering either starting with Return of the King, or giving Dreamland another go, considering that those games have had more time to develop.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-02-13 19:52:11

if you play rotk or dl you'll be more disapointed than if you start with mw imho. Those games are a lot more pay to win.

2021-02-13 20:51:53

Are we talking Blindfold Games level (which isn't exactly play to win), or more like modern EA, where the amount of money spent outweighs the possible in-game benefits?
Or worse, is it more akin to Iron Realms style P2W, which is more like Pay or Die?

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-02-13 21:01:00

Blindfold, which is kinda like the EA of audio games.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2021-02-13 21:01:11 (edited by SkyLord 2021-02-13 21:02:53)

i'd certainly say it's pay or die. If you will try to play without paying anything, you will forever grind on one place eventually. Good mounts? donate. New world pets? Donate. Good gear? donate. Eventually it turns out to donate donate donate. Um, i just realised that i'm talking about rotk.
Well, dreamland is the same i think, eventually me and my friends all left the game, and some players as well, but i don't remember what was pay to win there. Probably dragon totems and all this shit which you can get for diamonds, which is a donate only currency. Doubt something changed from the last time i played.
So to finish up, to enjoy, you need to pay in both of them.
Edit: saw post 4. Dreamland is somewhat less pay to win than rotk, and it maybe comperable to EA games style.

2021-02-14 03:50:16

I see. I may just end up playing World of Mist, then. Eternal grinding doesn't sound fun at all.

#FreeTheCheese

2021-02-14 07:42:41 (edited by Leos 2021-02-14 07:43:58)

If you want to join a discord to talk about Misty World, I made one here.
Click here for the link
I am always happy to help out people.

End of Post!
Leos signing off.
CFN ID: LeosKhai. (Always looking to fight people)
Discord: leos_khai

2021-02-14 07:56:33

I'm wondering if these games are pay to win, or simply pay for perks. I have worked for and extensively played an RPG which was accused of being pay to win, but was pay for perks. Donations gave you currency with which you could buy good gear or stats or whatnot, but the stats could be gotten in other ways, the gear wasn't out-of-this-world good, and the game was perfectly playable without it.
I confess I've been intrigued by some of these games, but have never gotten into one.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-02-14 08:36:22

Dreamland is confirm to be pay to win. I havent actually go too far with Return of The king to give much comment on it. So far playing Misty World without paying doesn't feel limiting yet. But we will see.

End of Post!
Leos signing off.

2021-02-14 09:59:04

So in Dreamland, you can't reasonably play the main game or main quest without donating somehow? The game is designed such that without donating, it is virtually or practically impossible?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-02-14 10:03:11

Its not to say imposible, its just that EXP is super slow, and the only place you get good xp is in a private xp area, which you can access 1 hour per day, but if you pay for a VIP account, you get 3 per day.

End of Post!
Leos signing off.

2021-02-14 14:56:14

Actually, Drealand is more pay for perks. The main game, side quests and the like are perfectly doable with donations; I've done them. It's just that progress is super slow because the game gives you, or at least used to, a very small amount of exp per kill compared to any western rpgs I've played. A VIP card allows you into a private exp area,  lets you gain currency via some missions, and has other perks, but the game is playable without one. ROTK, on the other hand, is definitely pay to win. THere's no way to progress without paying.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-02-14 17:17:40

Also, the game gives you opportunities to get a vip card at some in-game events, as lucky roulette is available and you can spin it for free once a day and have the chance to win a card

Sorry for my english a bit brokem, it's not my main language

2021-02-14 21:23:35 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-14 21:24:10)

Dreamlands is pay to win. Sure, you can grind for an eternity and get the same results, but because so many of he activities have level requirements, you won't get access to them until you reach the appropriate levels, which, in turn, means that paying levels will always be ahead of non paying players. And a lot of the items that are paid for either don't exist, or are super rare item drops that don't come often. Also, the lucky roulette is just that, a roulette. It's also not available all  the time. Pay for perks for me would be if paying doesn't give you the ability to stay 30 or 40 levels ahead of those who don't pay. So no, you don't have to. But you won't be able to keep up, and definitely won't ever be able to participate in any PK activities either until you get to a certain point, and at that point everyone who is paying will be far ahead. lol World of Mist so far isn't proving to be that bad. But most of these games are decent until about level 30 or 40.

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-02-15 03:10:59 (edited by revan 2021-02-15 03:13:23)

well skip rotk, I am will put here If you not pay what happens
first of all, chinese game lovers, or defenders, do not start here flame wars, my tellings is not fake things
rotk is pay to win, you have to grind levels, you could level in bloody plains,  but this is will take forever
you need to switch level 35 armor to 40 60 later 200
If you don't buy armors you'll die always from higher level players
open day, can be purchased from players, plate dragon level 60, dragon sword level 210
sacred dragon armor set level 200
If you want to convert level 40 armor to 60 you need two of them each
If you want to convert level 60 set to 200 you need example, two boots not 1 boots
without a best team this is impossible, only by paying
everyday is tasks you have to do, it will give 100 points for upgrading your mentality skills, if you buy gold or silver membership you will get 200 points
you need to upgrade your weapon's attack by buying zodiac stuff, it costs ingots, or gold
you have to use aura intimate, when you want to enhance sword, If you don't use aura intimate, your sword will be burn
the making sword costs is 200 250 usd
let's start the prices with real money
level 40 armor, 25 30 k ingots, level 60 armor 150 k ingots
level 200 armor 200 k ingots
you can make free too,  but noone will let you get the items from gods
let's start the medallions! the game lots of medallions have, life medals, dawn medal, king perosnal medal, diamond wedding ring, the upgraded version, love ring etc
making example king medal costs debris,  one debris is 2000 ingots, you need 5 or 10 of them.
you can get free,  but the truth is higher chinese players not willing to let you to get
example one dragon sets cost 10 fire dragon ball
you have to kill fire dragon in order to make that
and other items you will need
if you cannot kill the fire dragon, i am assuming you cannot, so pay money
the game is super laggy, so you cannot play always
or buy an vpn if you're willing to
If you want an adventure, you'll be ready to killed from chinese warriors, they are not letting you to get blessing boxes
I am happy,  i sold my character, ask me anything If you want to know
paying is endless unlimited, every year they releases paid medals or items
what's the final price?
10000 usd,  or 15000
could be more, If you want powerful like chinese players, you have to spend high amount