2006-05-30 14:12:04

Same here, i am totally blind, and no problems with mk games.
Comparing them to the savage gambit, well... They are a lot better, even mk 1.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-05-30 15:10:47

Sorry for the mistake people, ----- though now you mention it, I can actually see how Mk works in that respect.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-01 02:11:53

seconded. As a blind user, I have no problem with mk's. I have all the MK games, be it emulated or authentic. I'll list them.

MK1: emulated
MK2: emulated, and on my ps2 and part of mk shaolin monks
MK3: emulated
UMk3: emulated.
MK_trilogy: playstation
mk4: pc
MKDA: ps2
MKD: ps2
MK shaolin Monks: ps2

That's my collection. Now I just need the side games.

By the way, at the combat povillion, there's a section called midi music, and you can download the midis from the moovie to mkda. Try transferring the files to your phones running talks, if any.

Discord: clemchowder633

2006-06-01 12:36:28

you can get mk2 for ps2?

2006-06-01 12:39:08

wow! that's quite a collection. Which emulator are you using for the first few Mk games? is it mame?

I myself only own Mk1-3 on the Snes, and Mkda on my gamecube.

Oh yeah, and when I bought my Mega drive it came with a version of Mk2, but I don't really bother with it sinse it's an absolutely horrible port.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-06-03 01:26:10

True enough. Mame I was using. And stil am. It's a bit sluggish sometimes, but it works fine usually. As for MK2, it comes with Midway Arcade Treasures 2, or Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. As for the megadrive port, I tried it once. Let's just say, it would be wise to keep away from it.

2006-06-03 13:42:28 (edited by dark empathy 2006-06-03 16:18:41)

It is an evil port indeed ----- why they didn't convert it to use the six button pad I don't know, I only have it because I bought my Mega drive second hand, and Mk2 was one of the 10 games that came with it (along with some good stuff like Streets of rage 2 and eternal champions).

Mk2 was always my favourite of the early games, and even though Even though the Snes port is pretty good, I should really try and get hold of an original arcade version, especially considdering I've got my big stick of doom to play it on, though I think I'll probably end up cursing Kintaro soon after trying out the game.

Oh yeah, and richard got my Win-poly file, and says he'll be posting it in the next site update just in case anybody's interested.

2006-06-03 21:57:40

Kintaro is not an easy person to beat. I've only managed to hit him once. It's freaky. That speed he's got... phew! You're lucky if you can last five seconds into the match. Like I said, if you get midway arcade treasures 2 for the gc, or Midway Arcade Treasures Delux edition for the pc, you have all of the first 3 mk games, along with other games like Pit fighter, Wizard of War, etc.

2006-06-04 00:44:32

Sounds good, I'll add it to my "games to get" list. I have the snes version of Pit fighter, but it's a truly horrible horrible game, and most Snes fans refer to it as something else fighter (rimes with pit), owing to the slow controls, annoying as heck music, and the fact that you can basically finish the game by choosing the right fighter and continualy pressing forward and punch ----- I'm guess the arcade version is better.

I've only ever found two stratogies that work against Kintaro, and both of them are pretty hard to pull off.

The first is using Kitana's fan lift, then comboing with a punch and a fan toss in mid air, quite often Kintaro will be stupid enough ust to walk into the fan lift ---- but he can also annoyingly uppercut you out of it as well. You can also jump in with a punch and try a fan lift, he'll block the punch, but if your lucky he won't counter.

the other way is using Scorpion's jump kick, spear uppercut combo, but you can only do that iether when Kintaro jumps, or when he growls and poses, and for the rest of the match you got to dodge like hell.

2006-06-04 01:35:17

True enough. Let's see if any of these work!

2006-06-04 02:54:26

good luck, niether stratogy is easy, and both of them took me hours to beat Kintaro using them. And I can't believe at one point I thought Mr. Bison was impossible to put down, he seems like a push over now.

2006-06-04 22:38:43

That's true as well. Kintaro compared with any of the SF bosses he'd definitely kill them and then some.

2006-06-05 04:24:15

oh boy... you guise are advanced... very advanced... I would never be able to play mk4, it sounds too advanced / fun / advanturess... I'm like reading all these posts, wundering how the fuck (filter test!) you guise can do all this.

I'm going to camp between june 13-25 in columbus, and I want as much games as possible.  Well I don't think I'll be able to get any of the mk games. they must  be big in size, and you have to purchase them anyways, which I can't do *lol*...

Regards:

tomi

2006-06-05 20:54:29

to be honest, the first two Mk games are very easy to pick up and play, and while Deadly Allience and deception are rather complicated, there are very good training modes for them. I wouldn't personally advise starting with Mk3, but then again three is probably my least favourite of the series, so i could be biased.

As to where to get the games, Deadly allience and deception might present you with a litle trouble, sinse you'd need a console such as Gamecube, Ps2 or Xbox to play them. But it's certainly possible to download emulated versions of the first four mortal Kombat games, but as I haven't got around to looking into the hole game emulation business myself, I can't give you any more info.

there are a couple of articals about mortal Kombat on the Blind cool tec site that you might want to check out:

http://www.blindcooltech.com/

Imho the chap doing the articals doesn't provide quite as clear an explanation of the plot and gameplay of the games as I would've liked, but you stil might find them useful.

there are also some very good Faqs for all the Mk games on www.gamefaqs.com (including two very good plot guides) as well which you might find useful.

2006-06-06 01:04:18

heyy Dark Empathy,

thanks for the websites. I'll certainly check them out... Right now, I'm busy  with some homework. *sigh* school is over on june 7!

Hope yall doing ok!

Regards:

tomi

2006-06-06 01:16:53

Well, there were two articles. One made by me. I'm Clement Chou. I hope that one was okay, the plot explanation.

2006-06-06 10:10:11

Ah, that was yours, good job.

Btw, sinse you included those Mk2 sound bites, have you got any of the original Arcade music knocking around anywhere?

I'm a bit of a game music fanatic, I've got the music to the three ports snes Mk games in Spc format, and though the Spc format is a pretty good conversion, I'd imagine it isn't quite the same quality as the original.

Also, I have actually played the Amiga version of Mk1. the sounds rather odd ---- it uses a single long compilation track of all the stage music tracks rater than haing the individual tracks and sinse the Amiga worked on the old principle of joy stick and fire utton, the controls are fairly well symplifyed.

On the pluss side though, it did feature bucket loads of blood, and some very good fatalities.

2006-06-08 03:04:40

I don't have the orriginal music, but I could probably get it somewhere. I have the mk3 and 4 sound track though.

2006-07-17 22:21:40

Yeah, Mortal Kombat rules!!
I have tried Mk2, 3, Deadly alliance, and Deception. I would really like to try MK1 and MK4. And    trilogy of corse! And maybe UMK3. But,  this is a stupid questions. But what is an emulator?

V

2006-07-18 12:24:23

I've never heard about this game. Is it an audio game? If not, how can you play it without seeing the screen? And where can I get it from (legally)?
Robin24.

2006-07-18 12:32:56

Mortal Kombat is not an audiogame. It's a fighting game.  But the newer MK-games, you need a PS2, Xbox, or a Gamecube. It's easy to play fighting games. Just hear the sounds and learn good moves.

V

2006-07-18 20:13:51

An emulator is a program which emulates a platform (playstation, x-box, etc.), and you can play the games (written for them) with it.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2006-07-18 23:01:31

So, How do I get one?

V

2006-07-19 21:21:27

It depends on which emulator you want. Oh yeah. Secret for all developers. pssst. I have most of the sounds from MK Da and Deception. If you need them just ask. Light tech should try creating a combination of a beat em up and a wrestling game.

2006-07-19 23:26:09

Mame, for example.

V