2020-09-08 07:18:12

Wo. These are some real speedy Manamons, all are able to go above the  speed stat  of 300. For Bulderdash, it can reach up to 401 if given a speed anklet v2.0.

2020-09-08 20:08:04

Or just give it Ambush Guard, which pairs really well with Shields Up, and the moves Rev Up and Protect. This will basically give it a chance to get two speed boosts, which will make Stone Spin and Swift Slam insanely powerful.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-09-08 20:57:51

Yup that's what I've got on it. So it's pretty much guaranteed not to die in one hit even from something that's effective. Same thing I had on Volanteral on a previous playthrough. This team is fast, but defenses are pretty much garbage. There's a couple others that could be on this team if there were more slots. Doving is pretty fast but is also really easy to kill. Then there's always Sacroloon which I think gets over 300 speed at level 100 with max training points invested in it. I think that's all of them that have 300 or more speed at level 100. Sylphantom might have over 300 if I put trains into speed. I usually train health though though as that thing's plenty fast and bulky. Also, all that health on Tarboo is nice but its move choices don't really seem all that great. I've got one bred with perfect defense and remarkable everywhere else but I don't think I'll ever use this thing. Now what... An ice team maybe? Yeah I think that's gonna be really, really mean in a lot of places. Other than choosing to carry around a Mutmo until it gets slash and whatnot, and then transforming it, is there any reason not to use Frostond? Do I even want slash on it? Doesn't it end up with way better magic attack than strength or did I just get a bad one?

2020-09-08 21:13:45

Frostond really doesn't have the strength to use an effective slash. It's magic attack is much higher than it's strength; if you can breed a mutmo with high magic attack, I'd say  walk with it from level   twenty or so.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-09-10 02:58:22

So I used my crystal ball to see what kind of moves Tarboo gets, and it looks like some physical and some special. Do you have to split your training points between both attack stats? Do you just go with one or the other and train health? This thing just doesn't have any good moves from what I can tell. I just see a lot of health and, er, that's it. Even its defenses aren't too good. So it won't die in one hit, but does it just dink and dunk its way through fights and ultimately get killed anyway? Or does it just die because it used a move that requires you to wait a round before it does damage? I've avoided this one because it looked like it was just meant for forcing your opponent to gobble up a few more usage points on whatever moves they would use to kill this thing.

2020-09-10 03:13:39

Basically, Tarboo gets decent stats (read: not great, except its HP, which is awesome), and then a bunch of fairly garbage moves except for Earthquake. Bubble Burst is weak. Audioblast is bad. Storm Rush is bad. Sound Wave is garbage. What I'd honestly like to see here is Aquatic Blitz and Decibel Rush. Make it a physical attacker. If it goes special, then Sonic Force and Drench, for sure. But I guess this is Aaron's idea of balance.
Tarboo reminds me a little bit of things like Lapras, which BTW manages to have low-ish speed and middling everything else, on top of great HP, and gets good moves even in gen 1 (i.e., natural Ice Beam, plus Body Slam and Confuse Ray). If pokemon gen 1 can do it, surely Aaron could.

2020-09-10 03:43:51

I didn't see storm rush anywhere in its progression, just the others, earthquake, slam, sound wave, tidal wave, steel horn, audio blast, aqua zap and then all the calls. But meh. Pretty sure this one's going to sit in a box, good breed and all.

2020-09-10 04:58:47

Oh, I might be thinking of Hyper Tarboo, which definitely gets Storm Rush. My bad. Yeah, Steel Horn is neat, and it's another reason why I'd love to see this thing go physical. Imagine Aquatic Blitz, Earthquake, Steel Horn, Decibel Rush, Call to Arms. Or drop one of those physical moves for Hibernate, since this one of a few manamon that can actually make use of Hibernate reasonably well.

2020-09-23 11:53:34

Excuse me, what crystal ball?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-09-23 12:28:49

Level up herbs.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2021-01-27 02:47:24

I know this thread's been inactive for some time, but it also seemed kind of dumb to start a new one just for this:
You know that gift Drabao? The one with hibernate and the ability secure hibernation? It normally gets the ability aptitude, which means it doesn't lose usage points on its moves. This seems infinitely better. I'll probably never run this thing through the game, but if I did, I think I'd rather have aptitude for sure.
Also, Tarboo and Turoison are just bad. So Tarboo's hp is MEOW! But everything else is just blah. Its moves in particular are just...fail! Big fail! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to run either one of these through the game without being tempted to smash things.

2021-02-03 15:28:24

Hello, Please, can someone give me little hind how to touch on trio guardian? I can't hit it, and I have ghost leonatar, silphamtom, sirenea, ratiera, centiplex, and dussoket.

2021-02-03 16:02:44

do you have black matter husks?

someone is my heart

2021-02-03 19:02:37

Yes, onli one.

2021-02-04 14:36:17

You're missing an igredient to craft a weapon that, if a monster has it equipped, will hit the guardian.

2021-02-06 02:02:57

So, I know that Martiagle, Ninjarkin and Mantasteel get hone blade, and Enchandithol and Banshreek get hone mind. Penguilum gets hone blade as well but I don't think it really helps it all that much. Are there any others that get one of these moves that can also make good use of them that I'm just overlooking?

2021-02-06 02:56:14

Fyngon learns hone blade, to use with aquatic blitz

2021-02-06 06:23:08

Ah. I've never used one of these before, but it looks very much like a one-trick pony. It's strongest move uses its weaker attack stat, which is where I guess hone blade would come in. Well, I mean I guess storm rush is technically its strongest move, but storm rush is gross. And the only other physical moves that would benefit from hone blade are pounce and suffocate.
Also, has anyone used Gubbulline on a playthrough? It looks like it's meant to be purely defensive. So I guess you'd use all your training points to max out defense and magic defense, put an angel pendant on it, use aura guard and call to arms to jack up its defenses and strength to max and then the only way anything could hurt you is with chip damage or things like piledriver, dragon burst, powerfang and soul split and the like. I'm tempted to use this thing on a playthrough but I'll bet it would be very slow going.

2021-02-06 13:15:34

If I remember this right, tenshaino now has hone blade and restoring light, so you should try it out as well.

2021-02-06 13:46:56

i hate Gubbulline's sounds so i dont use it

2021-02-06 14:26:29 (edited by derekedit 2021-02-06 15:33:45)

Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. Doesn't Tenshaino get it at close to level 70 though? Will have to at least take a look at this one. See if it has improved at all in this version, because there wasn't a whole lot to recommend it before.

EDIT:

Oops, guess I was wrong. Tenshaino gets hone blade at level 62. Still, it's only holy move is white lance, a 90 accuracy 110 power move with 5 skill points. That's kinda gross. Also, its best fighting move is power punch which it also doesn't get for a while. Still, inner healing and restoring light might be kinda meow on this thing. I just got a really good breed on one so will have to see sometime.

2021-02-06 15:54:47

my paranite just learned night terror. do you still think this is a good move? it doesn't help me against bosses, but I feel it may be different in the future. and by the way, does he learn any better plant movement or do i have to live by nature smash? i never let victoria's uraynaman beat me enough to find out

2021-02-06 16:23:04

I tend to pass on the sleep/night terror combo since it involves a lot of luck and randomness. It's random if sing will hit or not. It's something like 60 accuracy. You've also got knockout venom, but that's not guaranteed to cause sleep either. Then sleep lasts for something like 1 to 5 rounds I think? So there's every possibility of taking two rounds to set up sleep and night terror and having the foe wake up on the third round and not taking any damage. Those are rounds where you could have been doing damage with other attacking moves.
As for better plant moves, you're going to get gamma drain in the 40s I think? It'll also get nature overdrive quite a bit later. This is a good nuke if you know you're going to get a quick kill and then switch out soon, otherwise you're stuck waiting out the next two turns. So you probably won't be using this one too often.

2021-02-06 18:27:51

thank you for that. already realized about night terror while playing. I'm with a team with only ghosts, and I'm taking the opportunity to test what I still don't know, such as paranite, gargarram and Banshreek. in fact I think I ended up turning Banshreek into a sadyena, exchanging astral buster for sound movements and Shadow Sphere

2021-02-07 00:36:44

I wonder why tenshaino can't use staf slash. I mean. it is holy, has a staf... also it should get conjure sword... palador has a sword...