2021-01-27 19:55:48

Hello everyone!
So me and some of my other russian friends have been just hanging out in our private channel on the german public server 2 days a go when suddenly an admin came in the channel, spamming and calling us stupid russians. He then banned all of us 5 in the channel.
I'm very frustrated about this, because even if the pubblic server is german, why can't we hangout on there as well, a lot of people are very big rassists. We were so mad that we went off of that server, but my question is, why is this happening? And on all servers, there are very bad admins. So tell me has anything like this happened to you, because this is too rasistic.
Thanks and regards

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-01-27 20:15:22

that's the reason i dont go into public servers. you know, admins are quite power hungry these days, even in video games

if you want to post language resources and see other's language resources, click here in the language learning resources thread: https://forum.audiogames.net/post/826634/#p826634

2021-01-27 20:21:24

It sounds like they made people admins who never should have been.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-27 20:41:33 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-01-27 20:51:08)

I went on the australian server last night and a random dude came in and started calling me very disgusting terms not suited for this forum. such as a  fucktard and others. At some point I'll write up a post detailing the entire situation because its very important. People need to be warned of the dangerous people there are on teamtalk, a certain someone, ahem.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-27 20:46:59

JayJay wrote:

I went on the australian server last night and a random dude came in and started hurling racially charged epithets at me.

FTFY

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-27 20:51:21

@5 done

_____

2021-01-27 20:52:39

Well to many people are given power who shouldn't have it, and personally the admin positions in games and in TT servers is a joke title.  It is just an excuse for people who have the power to do as they wish.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-01-27 21:02:01

I don't  understand why people are against sertain cultures, look, even if a TT server is, let's say, called the german, or the australian, or whatever the fuck it can be called, that doesn't give people an excuse to fucking call people stupid russians, I'm a russian, and what now? Can't I fucking hangout on different servers? Then some people asked me, well, you russians have your own public server? Well let me ask you, why do the british people then hangout not on their public server but on totally different places?
And yeah, agreed with all posts here, i haven't seen a good admin in years.

2021-01-27 21:27:44

yeah, this is to be expected if people are gonna still use the ancient technology, that is, tt. Guys, we seriously should move forward, it isn't doing any of us any good by hanging out in such a weird platform 99% of the world doesn't even know exists.
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, avoid public servers like the plague they are, use a private one as much as possible, if you still want to use it.

2021-01-27 22:11:02

This isn't a tech problem.  TT is obscure but fine, and probably the most accessible option.  But the sorts of people who run them aren't mature, because you're talking about undersocialized blind teenagers in most cases.

If everyone went to Discord or whatever, the same people who admin TT servers would end up running most of the communities and you'd be in the same place.

"we'll all move to a different platform, then sighted people can hang out" is sort of naive.  If you go on sighted-centric channels that aren't for specific topics like programming, you will quickly discover that over half the chat is people posting a picture with no comment and then everyone else has a conversation around it, without once giving you enough context to know what the picture is.  I would say that it's actually at the point that it's beginning to replace language to some extent in the youngest generations.  People say that pictures are worth 1000 words and it's not meant literally and yet it still manages to be the case.

Basically, people suck, the sorts of blind people who have a ton of free time to admin a voice chat platform are the ones who tend not to have a life or any social/interpersonal skills at all, and the badness just congregates.  I'm not saying that's everyone.  Good mods/admins do exist.  What I've seen of the audiogaming discord is all right.  But nonetheless that's the social dynamic and it doesn't matter where we go, because it probably always will be.  Find a good one, if you can, and stay there.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-01-27 22:27:43

Well it's the usual spiel of power hungry people and public servers, ideots in admin positions aren't uncommon around these places.

BTW greetings from germany, believe me, we have decent people around here that don' behave like total assholes and fucking racists. Well, in east Germany we have a bunch of those, sometimes I ponder the fact that it would be a nice idea to rebuild that wall, just for these German States smile

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-01-27 23:33:36

@11 i know, germany's not bad. And yeah, private servers are much better, that is, if you even want to use tt in these days, which sometimes it comes handy.

2021-01-28 00:34:54

@11 then Ronald's ghost will come back to haunt all Germany xd

_____

2021-01-28 01:25:36

@gorvachov13, I sent you a PM

Contact Discord Telegram Threema Signal Facebook Mastodon
PSN ID, Rich_Beardsley

2021-01-28 01:26:42

Yeah, I have got similar experiences in the US public server. Red-queen and Saeed were moving us from our private channel to the home root or another private channel created by them, then they'd start swearing at us and Red-queen would do strange voices. Not sure if she thought it was funny, but that definitely did not happen once but twice or even thrice.
Note that I am not friends with neither of them, I've known red-queen but being her usual dramatic self she removed me without a reason, and then she'd talk to me again and then removes, until I couldn't care less about her drama. So I wouldn't accept such silly jokes from people whom I do not know even if it was, but clearly it was not.
I have no clue who is responsible for these servers though, that's definitely a power abuse.
However that was indeed 2 years ago or so, I usually do not hang there unless I wanted to speak to some specific friends, and now a days I've got far better alternatives such as zoom, the new Skype meeting feature that doesn't require you to sign in etc etc.

“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”

2021-01-28 01:44:00

TT is alright and I use it all the time, but joining public servers is not something that I generally do. You have no idea who's on and let's be honest. It's really easy for admins to get access to way more info than they've any right to. Private servers are the way to go as you have control over who's there that way and probably won't run into as many immature people or assholes.

2021-01-28 09:09:26 (edited by gorvachov13 2021-01-28 09:11:16)

Just discovered that like 90 percent  of the people that own the public servers, aren't from the country that servers are for smile. But yeah, agreed with everyone. Btw, @rich just sent you a reply.

2021-01-28 18:56:52

@15 that would be really bad cuz a guy with a similar name Saeed or dj alex or something is admin here as well.

bei mir ist immer Obst im Haus

2021-01-28 19:01:15

Hehe, remember the same dude I was telling y'al about in post 5? Turns out I saw him again today and he couldn't even spell the words he was insulting me with. BTW if anyone wants the log PM for it.

_____

2021-01-28 19:12:01

Yeah I still use TeamTalk cause parts of the UI are handled really nicely. I like the strict hierarchy where users belong to channels, and channels belong to the server. And from there, I adore the keyboard shortcuts for each user, like adjusting their volume on your end, or pressing enter to send a PM. Then you can launch secondary instances, which are extremely useful for streaming audio when you don't want to hear yourself, and you don't have an audio interface.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-01-28 21:34:02

@1 unfortunately most of them are just powerhungry imature teens, They are thinking hey i'm admin, i'm first, i have a power, i'm above than normal user.
Well in my case, i'm using tt for chat and talk with my spesiphic friends, other than tt most days i'm using zoom and messenger.

Yours kindly

2021-01-29 04:29:45

When I first stepped into the worl dof teamtalk, it was a whole new version of what the hell for me. Now mind you, I did not hang out on the public servers for long, because there was no way that I was going to be hanging around those crowds. I am sorry, but most of the people that I ran into up there were shadier than I could ever explain. However, even most of the private servers I have found my way onto over the years have been drama drama drama. It is almost like a specialty. Now I am carrying some guilt over it I admit, because for a little while I let myself get swung up into it. But thankfully I managed to escape it. Now I just have my server, and even then I hardly use it anymore. I do love the program itself. It has been my favorite app for chatting since I discovered it. But so much of the community that inhabits the thing is merely poison. I just stay away now, and I don't plan to ever go back.

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.

2021-01-29 05:33:35 (edited by Radiant 2021-01-29 11:41:11)

I agree with some of the people, public servers consists of all the unintentional spam and probably weard people,
bla bla bla join channel root, ......flflflfl logged out of the server, etc etc etc, you get the idea.
you could either get a private server or hangout on the public servers of the public figures such as Liam, bsg, Sam Tupy, heqq, sam tupies server have even logging in / out messages disabled.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2021-01-29 10:33:36

Sam tupy doesn't even have a public tt anyways.

2021-01-29 10:56:40

meh we simply create a private channel in a public server and go on with it