2021-01-27 16:25:18 (edited by morse 2022-06-04 04:15:34)

solved. i can now make music with reaper, manipulate plugins and add effects, and instruments

if you want to post language resources and see other's language resources, click here in the language learning resources thread: https://forum.audiogames.net/post/826634/#p826634

2021-01-27 16:29:13

No. Sorry. Audacity doesn't really count. Garageband is only free if you have a mac.
Reaper has a temporary license going to the end of March that you can use. A good DAW takes dedication, that's why it needs a full team at work and as open source without stable funding has proven time and time again, those projects are subject to burnout.

2021-01-27 16:37:49

You can use reaper for as long as you want. The only thing you'll get is a nag screen after the evaluation period. It's like the WinRAR of DAWs. Though I would recommend buying it at some point as it's well worth it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-27 16:48:48 (edited by morse 2021-01-27 16:57:40)

agree here. the reason most of them are'nt free is because they require a lot of years making them. or sometimes a daw is sold to another company and the other company makes it free under a diferent name. audacity does'nt count as a DAW in my opinion. no real time cutting undoing copying pasting amplify built in effect auto duck change speed pitch tempo echo delay nyquist effects.
no midy capavilities, you canot use vsti, dx, vst3, and 64bit vsts. all the other things such as gain and panning can be modified in realtime. vsts and ladspa plugins are realtime, and they work very well in version 2.4.2 of audacity.
some stupid people mistake it as a DAW. it could be technically a DAW if you know ow to do everything in audacity. besides, i know ow to do basic automation. note. it's basic, that's because i call it basic automation
this is easy to do, no mouse or anything, only the keyboard.
i wonder what is glueing and nudging an item, i dont see something special about that, unless it's a special form of editing. i can do even more complex things in audacity. the only thinhg i can't do for now is music.
oh, yeah. reaper and win rar are technically free. they only use a nag screen to notify you that the license expired. it's worth it, but i dont have too much money at the time. i have like $51 or something. and besides i dont have a credit card. i would create sounds for people and charge a chosen ammount of money for giving them those sounds. they would be cheap or a bit expensive deppending on the time i took creating me. iit would be a good work for me. but for now, i'll do sounds for people for free until i have a credit card. audio production without lymits. you can do the same on audacity, deppending on the CPU you use. 14or more is enough to make my computer go crazy and fill the memory when i try to play all them together. and i dont really know if i'll change from audacity. but well, i finally figured how to open effects using shift pluus p. so now i can use more effects. reaper wil be used for 64bit effects that i can't open in audacity, and audacity will be used for everything i have in mind

if you want to post language resources and see other's language resources, click here in the language learning resources thread: https://forum.audiogames.net/post/826634/#p826634

2021-01-27 17:28:40

Nudging is when you pick a unit, then pick an amount, and can move the item by said amount of said unit. It's also using the zoom if you're talking about the numpad 4 and 6 or command and dot way of nudging.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-27 17:57:17

Reaper isn't 'too good to be true' nor is it too expensive either. Buy it, its worth it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-01-27 18:05:02

I wish ableton was accessible. that thing is grate

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-01-27 18:39:00 (edited by morse 2022-02-01 22:14:11)

i wish waveform, fl studio, q tractor, ardour, lmms (functions that are only accessed with the mouse), studio one, ocenaudio (maive audio editing and not the menus), wavosaur (mostly the mouse functions), mixcraft, ableton, pro tools windows version, cakewalk by bandlab (i don't know=, and others where accessible. but that does'nt seem possible

2021-01-27 19:22:57

@morse, Isn't Protools accessible though?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-01-27 20:17:52

in mack only