2021-01-26 16:48:07 (edited by Diego 2021-01-26 16:48:55)

Hello guys!
I will take an English course soon and would like tips for working well with the course material.
I know that braille is important for spelling, but
The problem ^ is that I can't read for a long time and I will end up frustrated and not enjoying it, so I decided to get the material in pdf.
For those who took courses in other languages using NVDA, what tips do you suggest?

2021-01-26 17:33:05

use audio tracks as much as you can, your speecking will get better

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2021-01-26 18:01:40

And for writing? My question is for spelling the words

2021-01-26 18:25:12

I use BrailleExtender for learning French.

Mind you, my French is pretty terrible, so maybe don't do anything I do haha.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-01-26 20:13:42 (edited by redfox 2021-01-26 20:14:39)

The issue here is, even though English does have actual, sensical rules, at least as far as I've been able to see, they are very situational and tend to lead you in circular patterns of trying to puzzle things out with them. In some, I don't want to say simpler languages, you can use simple spelling rules to puzzle out how a word is probably spelled, but English tends to be complicated enough that it isn't worth being able to do it because you'll already be much better at that point anyway.
Don't ask me about grammar, though.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2021-01-26 20:31:43 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-01-26 20:32:07)

Yeah English has a number of instances where words you think should sound the same, just... don't. Even the way in which words change when contracted is weird. Case in point, from do not, to don't, or from will not, to won't.
And don't even get me started on the "gh" crap!

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-01-26 21:14:01

Meh, didn't, don't, shan't, etc makes sense, its just the word and minusing the o in not, but won't is totally stupid. Oh yeah, night, fight, right, might sight and light, all totally crazy.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-26 21:36:43 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-01-26 21:40:38)

@JayJay, Fight... fought? Comb, tomb, bomb? Home? Stone? Like? Bike? Nike?
Never mind the fifty-thousand ways of spelling "right". Right, write, wright. Okay, maybe less than I thought.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.