2021-01-18 06:02:34

Probably the weirdest question I've ever asked on this forum before, but oh well; here goes...
I'm a redneck from the American south, though you wouldn't know based off of my accent. For this reason though, sweet tea is always the way to go for me! big_smile I fill the cup between a quarter and a half full with brown sugar, then I just pore my water in, microwave, put the sweet tea bags in, wait for a while, then chug away. Yes, I make tea by the glass, not in a pot. I love brown sugar more than regular sugar because, I'm not sure. Sugar is sweet of course, but brown sugar tastes sweet on a whole new level that I can't really describe.
I'm really curious as to what you guys think of tea because, much like coffee, tea is one of those drinks that's popular around the world, but different cultures make it in different and interesting ways, and I love learning about preference. Fire away!

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2021-01-18 08:10:07

Green tea with no sugar tastes perfect.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2021-01-18 08:59:54

cannabis tea works wonders.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-01-18 10:26:24

I'm generally a fan of fruit tea, though they have a particular kind of apple tea over in Turkey I haven't been able to find anywhere else since. Oh, you can very much get apple tea over here in England, it's just, not the same.

2021-01-18 10:32:27

I've got a lot of tea stocked up in my cupboard, though I could not tell you the color for the life of me. I heat up water in a tea kettle, then pour in into a mug, and drop a bag in of whatever phancies my flavor at the time. I wait for a few minutes, then take out the bag, throw it away. No milk - no sweeteners.
Earl Grey is of course a british classic, then you've got the citrus, blackberry, all good. Then there're the more exotic ones like ginger and cinomon. I just smell it, and if it smells good, I drink it.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-01-18 10:34:25

Whatever: green, black, any other weird kind, but never - never those bagggzzz. They just have nasty aftertaste and contain basically leftovers and not good quality stuff most of the time - not all the time of course. So yeah, I prefer to put stuff in my cup and pour water over it and do not mess with baggies. I also don't put any sugar in my tea, honey sometimes though.

2021-01-18 11:05:06

Gasp! What is this sinful scripture?
The only true teas, of course, is earl grey or English Breakfast! smile

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-01-18 11:30:57

@Haily I've got some of that fancy apple tea. I don't really like it much though.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2021-01-18 13:22:21 (edited by lemm 2021-01-18 13:23:09)

As a true Englishman  who drinks tons of tea (in fact I’m actually not sure I would function without tea!), I’m with Dardar all the way here, this talk of Fruit tea is pure Sacrilege! wink uncultured though it may be, but for me a good cup of tea is just a good old fashion builders tea(which is what I believe Americans call English breakfast tea), nothing beats a good old brew using just PG tips or Tetley tea bags! Speaking of which I’m off to make me more tea smile

Paul Lemm

2021-01-18 13:39:06

A rather appropriate topic considering that today, it's apparently Brew monday, find out more here, although when I first heard I did wonder if brew monday meant beer rather than tea big_smile.

Anyway, tea wise, I'm afraid I fail my Englishman test, because I really am not a huge tea drinker.
I like some peach or lemon iced tea in the summer, and occasionally a cup of white rose or jasmin to clear my head, but most of the time, with me it's good, strong, proper coffee, or occasionally coco big_smile.
My dad drinks builders tea and thinks my coffee drinking is slightly heretical big_smile.

My lady is very keen on fruit infusions, the sort that are more infused fruit leaves than tea, particularly berry ones.

@Haily, not sure if this might do the job, but one of her favourites is the Turkish apple infusion from witards.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-01-18 14:26:44

Hello,
I drink black tea. With 2 cubes of sugar.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2021-01-18 15:07:05

I sometimes drink Lipton with milk and sugar. or sometimes without

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-01-18 15:21:20 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-01-18 15:24:50)

Obeltine or perhaps a tea made from a type of grass, idk what the grass is called, but it was what poor people would make tea with in the olden days. I find it delicious. Mummy made it one or 2 times for nistalja but I often find myself asking for it. I do fancy teabags, be it the normal ones, or flavoured ones, or swiss miss i believe that brand of, erm, hot chocolate is called. Can never go wrong with peppermint either.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-18 16:38:42

In Egypt, we inherited the tea culture from the English colony. So yeah most people here do not believe in fruit tea too big_smile
However I am a coffee lover, not a tea lover. So I only drink tea occasionally. I mean that is when I do not want to take coffee at the afternoon to not end up awake for the whole night.
That would be either fruit tea, green tea or milked tea, all without any sweeteners. And I prefer the bags, I hate to have stuff floating in my cup, just eww. Actually there was some exception to that, the local Lithuanian tea which was not in bags, it was mixed with different herbs and flowers from their forests, which to be honest did not  taste exactly like a tea for me, so again I think that's gonna offend the English men out there, sorry wink however that was really good.

“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”

2021-01-18 17:11:57

Iced tea, honestly, Rudder's orange tea, but Turkey Hill does fine too. Never hot tea, and no sweet tea. Southerners be like, "Hey, would you like some tea with your sugar?"

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-18 17:58:03

I bought myself a somewhat more expensive green jasmine tea recently, and even just smelling it does undescribeably pleasant things to my soul -- which is odd, because I don't even believe in souls! tongue No but seriously, it is delicious.
Just good old green tea is also delightful. That rich, grassy, slightly bitter taste? Mmm.
I am not a snob though, so teas that aren't "true" are also a delight. Mint and chamomile, especially, but most herbal teas are good. I tried a few spice-based teas, mostly from Yogi Tea, but didn't enjoy them quite as much. And fruit tea isn't my thing either.
But whichever tea I choose to drink, whole-leaf or in a bag, true or herbal, it is always just the tea. No sugar, no milk. I know like half the damn world adds milk to tea, but I still think it is just wrong. smile

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2021-01-18 18:25:09

Hi.
Well, as you can read from my bio, I am from Iran, and the main hot drink hear is tea, of course black tea.
with sugar.
some people melt  sugar with their tea, made their tea sweet, and drink it,
but in northern iran, Mazandaran ang Gilan province, wich gilan is the center of tea farms in Iran, people usually take a sugarcube in their mouth and then drink the tea, making it sweet in their mouths.
people hear preffer natural tea, to instant tea or teabags.
nowadays, green tea, are getting popular here,
and drinking coffee is getting in our culture and drinking coffee is getting very common.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2021-01-18 19:20:40

Peach iced tea for me. Not really a hot tea fan.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2021-01-19 12:45:44

@Marina, I spent a couple of weeks in Egypt back in 2011, and very much remember the Egyptian tea, it had a decidedly different flavour and was actually rather nice, albeit I did enjoy the super strong Egyptian coffee rather more.

For both coffee and tea, I'm a plane, straight up, no milk or sugar fan, though my lady drinks fruit tea sweet, however, in Britain the standard is a small or large amount of milk, going from my dad who just has a splash, to my mum who pretty much uses only just enough water to steep the teabag then about %90 milk, so much she often has to heat it in the microwave afterwards big_smile.

Then again, I must say in both the matter of tea and coffee my mum is something of an uncultured barbarian, since she only ever does pg tips tea and very dreadful nescaf instant coffee which doesn't even taste of coffee to me big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-01-19 12:49:57

@Adel I didn't know that sugar cube fact! Thank you for sharing. smile

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2021-01-20 18:54:45

@dark high 5! I also prefer the strong coffee, however my body sadly doesn't agree since I do not sleep if I took it later than 1 or 2pm. big_smile This is interesting you find our tea different though, my international friends when they have visited me, they have never commented on that, we usually use Lipton tea bags.
Depending on where you went in Egypt though, you might have tasted the strong Bedwen tea, they add some herbs to it and do it on their own way that is very different from the rest of the country even for locals. I liked some of it that had strong mint, but it is too strong for my cup of tea smile

“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”

2021-01-20 19:36:14

Hi all.
What a perfectly wanderfull topic.
So I mustly drink coffee, but I have had had the terkish apple tea before as my parents went touring turkey 10 years back.
Seems funny talking about travel, travel who existed just 2 years before the world ended and now.
I am however myself happy I did so much.
There are a couple more trips outside I'd like to do, but realistically, I could just stay in my country, or a city like my own for the rest of my life.
That bug has left my system at least for the moment, I just feel for the poor buggers that havn't had the chance to go outside their borders, most of the older ones never will and the rest will have to contend with the new world which is not the same as the one that was taken from us.
Mind you they said the world would end in 2012, they just got it wrong by 8 years.
I'm just thankfull that it wasn't the planet breaking up.

Now on to tee.
Twinings lemon and ginger, ulong grass tee, either totally green or not so much is ok.
Being that half my family is indonesian chinese, I do drink jasmine though zsometimes find that a bit strong.
Malatea pronounced mallat tee is from another flower not sure its name.
It tastes jasmine like and is quite light.
There are shops that bring it in.
Irish breakfast, new york breakfast good teas to.
Raspberry tea, and some desert teas are good to.
We have a shop here called t2 that has imported teas from everywhere both in bags and loose leaf.
On my last trip to australia, just before the world ended had me experience a tea ceremony at a family friends place.
I found it interesting to say the least.
Who'd have thought that a tea drink could be extended to half an hour most of that with doing the getting ready thing then drinking it over another half hour.
Especially when we locally just chuck in the bag, let it stew a couple minutes then drink.
Sadly thanks to the current situation which has caused the rebirth of the world, shipping of things is becoming a problem everywhere.
There are talks about more to come to.
not sure how that will be taken but for now we can enjoy the break.

2021-01-20 19:39:53 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-01-20 19:40:15)

A good ol' cup'o builder''s, obviously!

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-01-21 15:53:03

@Marina7, it might have been the Bedwen tea. I was doing a cruse up the Nile from Luxor to the valley of the kings, doing the odd interesting trip out, like going to a perfumers, which were organised by the cruse trip organisers and our very nice local Egyptian guide.
I can't say I did anything that wasn't overly touristy, but I remember it fondly none the less, and still have the jellabiya I bought, which is red and gold and looks rather magnificent big_smile.

2021-01-21 16:52:29 (edited by kianoosh 2021-01-21 16:52:56)

I usually drink black tea, occasionally green tea as well. I usually don't add anything to the tea and if I do, it's a chocklet or cookies.
Oh I also drink some type of local tea as well which is kind of bitter and generally relaxes the drinker and gives them a good feeling which is cool.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988