2021-01-05 07:35:28

You are always starting next to the dropping boon. You need to go a bit to the down and go right clicking interact and you will get it. After that enemies will spawn to the right.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-01-05 14:40:31

if you are playing for the first time, there's no dropping boon. You only need to kill the monsters

Sorry for my english

2021-01-13 22:31:28

hey there people
I just bought hades today and started playing with it, and i'm very curious
can the gabe be beaten without god mode?
it's just a thing of mine, I want to finish the game without the god mode. I also watched a little of the brandol cole's stream of hit so i got a little deeper understanding about how the game works, but arethere any other tips I should be aware of? I didn't reach the lava yet, but that's one of the things i'm very afraid off I don't know how to cross.
thanks in advance!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2021-01-14 00:38:38

I don't think it's doable without god mode as the traps do ridiculous amounts of damage late game, I would love to be proven wrong though.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-01-14 02:28:27

I'm not late game point yet, but I've been playing without god mode so far, and its been fine.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2021-01-14 02:54:16

I would say a beginner should 100% use god mode.  Later on after you're comfortable beating the game consistently you can try without god mode and see how far you get.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-01-14 08:56:54

for those who are playing on pc, may I know your setting? and no, I am not using mouse. so I have adjusted the  attack and cast action to j and k.

2021-01-14 11:10:53

Hi
I bought this game now, but I don't understand the things.
When we are at home, how to return in the levels?
And for the options menu, someone can describe? Because I have the impression that when I am on a seting, and I do left or right, it's change for an other seting but don't change the curent option.
And Last, someone can give the commands for a pad?

Thanks for your help

2021-01-14 12:01:21

sory for the double post, but how to change weapon? Without to want, I take an other weapon… but I don't know how to change.
Thanks

2021-01-14 22:38:37

@jason, the settings you mean the ones for combt, right? I got aim asist at on and follow the cursor to off, since I also disabled the trackpad
I officially reached asphodel and I... ugh, got burned to death.
any tips of any kind about hwo to deal with lava?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2021-01-14 22:49:38

thanks,! I will try to set it up, are the aim assist and follow cursor  already on by default? just to make sure since I would like to turn off the follow as well.

2021-01-15 08:22:09

the aim assist, in my case was on by deffault, and the aim at mouse cursor was on too. that's the second setting in the controls settings... if I remember right. My brother helped me with them, since my ocr was a little bit going crazy, and I wasn't really sure I could follow up with a menu description guide. I'll ask him again and edit if necessary. I also sent you a pm, jason.

2021-01-15 18:13:23

Regarding Asphodel, you need to learn the room layouts (also just grind up with the mirror to get more hp). The boats always show up at the top of the screen or off of the top of the island you're on. Based on the sound of the spawn, move in that direction and check the upper edges of the islands (it'll usually be as far in a direction you can go).

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-01-15 19:51:56

@37: wow,   replyed! AND THANKS!

2021-01-15 23:51:31

@stevie well... there's lava at the top of the lislands too... I can get on on the brige in the first room nearly... nearly fine enough, but second room gives me a heck of throuble. I'm proud I can beat tartarus pretty deccently. my hp is at 100 120 usually if i et enough hears, I also run with the cerberus collar on. I didn't unlock the power for hp in the mirror, yet. sigh, I'ts kind of frustrating.

2021-01-17 22:56:40 (edited by stewie 2021-01-17 22:58:26)

@arceus right, there's no way to find the boat without taking at least one tick of magma damage. In general quickly dash around the top corners/edges of islands spamming interact until you get it. Eventually you figure out the pattern to it.

Regarding the first asphodel room, walk right until you hear the bubbling magma sound to your right, dash right once and hit interact quickly and you should get it, if not you'll be right next to it.

2021-01-18 08:41:30 (edited by arceus 2021-01-18 08:43:14)

@stevie, thanks so much for your tips and patience to explain it to me big_smile it means a lot! I usually manage to reach asphodel without loosing any of my death chances. I managed to reach the bone hydra and kill it yesterday. then...
s
p
o
i
l
l
e
r
s
I reached elisium and talked with tanatos, and he helped me kill some of the exalted champions. I also met the bull of minos and killed him and teseus. I reached the entrance of the underworld, then went off to find cerberus something  to eat.
I died unfortunatelly, but  I want to ask. Does the thing you need to find make any sound or does it drop as a normal reward, even?
end of spoillers
I'm very afraid that I won't manage all of this again big_smile but I'll keep trying.

2021-01-18 08:50:49

@arceus The room containing the sack is a fountain chamber at the end of one of those sequences of tiny Styx rooms (it's random which one so just keep trying doors). You can't miss it since the game won't let you continue until you pick it up. It doesn't make a sound so you just have to run around and spam interact to get it, though it usually is located near the water sound of the fountain. That chamber will also have another reward you have to grab before the door out appears.

2021-01-18 16:01:49

So I’m really starting to get the hang of dashing around, and there is nothing more satisfying than clearing the first couple of rooms simply by dashing around and having it kill everything . smile
A quick question for anyone who has used the mirror mod, is there any way to  find out whether it is actually working? I don’t see any difference in the price of upgrades as of yet, and I have replaced the necessary file . Hi.

2021-01-18 16:42:40

Yeah, I am not sure about the mirror mod too but well, I've completed the main story and aiming for beating the epilogue so the mod works or I just did it without that. lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-01-29 20:31:24 (edited by arceus 2021-01-29 22:53:36)

Hey there everyone
sorry for reviving this kind of old topic, but I have another important quesion. I've just escaped the underworld for the first time, and I'm wondering how the pact of punishment actually works
Using arrows left and right only moves me between items, somehow, and up and down does the same. so how do I actually increase the heat?
OCR doesn't help either..

2021-01-29 20:39:19 (edited by stewie 2021-01-29 20:41:33)

The pact has a row for each punishment type and each row has 2 buttons: the one on the right increases your rank in that category and the one on the left decreases it. Different pacts will have different heat amounts per rank so I'd recommend checking the wiki for the actual numbers. When hitting these buttons, you'll hear a kind of glittery sound when you hit the next minimum level for bounty conditions to be met (for example if you beat the game on heat 5, it would play that sound when your heat costs sum to 6). Going over that plays a different sound panned left (say you went from 6 to 7, there would be a sound panned left that plays). To start a run, click on the button that plays a different sound when you move over it compared to the others. Also note that your heat saves for each weapon separately, so after you win or lose a run on a heat level and enter the pact interface, the previous ranks for that weapon are still selected.

2021-01-29 22:57:57

@stevie, thanks once again for your help. You're a lifesaver, I swear big_smile
How did you learn all this? trial and error?
Also, is there something else I should be aware of, something not mentioned here or  elsevere? hades wiki has been a real souce of help, regarding house contractor prices, and list of minor propechies.
for everyone who didn't look there yet, I seriously advise you to do so

2021-01-30 05:43:19

Honestly most of it was trial and error and watching a few people's streams of the game. The wiki is the best source for info I've found.

2021-01-31 00:30:31

Hmmm. Hearing about the accessibility of this game makes me want to get the Switch version.