2021-01-12 20:42:24

Hey there,
Dcss 0.26 is out, with one new race and one new background to play, some accessibility fixes, reworked quiver system, lots of reworked spells, and stuff which i probably forgot.
To grab the offline version with all stuff setup, go here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecEyQT … sp=sharing
Hope i correctly setup the sharing and you don't need to ask for permission now.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-01-13 03:13:57

downloaded, the link work fine, thanks for this! I will try after I get some sleep big_smile

2021-01-13 03:17:29

Hi,
I'm definitely experiencing some weird things already. For instance, I can't press enter to select an item. Also, I can't hear any music or sounds. So, I'm trying to press tab and enter, but nothing is happening. Unless I'm really missing something.
edit: even using arrow keys in the main menu and enter is not selecting any item.

2021-01-13 08:19:21 (edited by arnold18 2021-01-13 08:27:13)

It's strange. Did you play dcss before aaron, so do you know how is it supposed to work? I need to say i didn't test this version as of yet just grabbed it and put it up, but i just did the usual stuff so the game should work in theory.
edit: Barachi venom mage, ugh. A challenge. Yes, it works as it needs to.

2021-01-13 16:39:50

That's weird, I can't seem to actually start the game on my end, and I've got a trunk fix that worked. last time, although it's been a long time since I've tried it.
Is the main menu supposed to be arrow keys and enter? Because I'm pressing enter on an option and absolutely nothing is happening.

2021-01-13 18:16:02

Yes, arrow keys and enter. Note that nvda no longer reads the main menu, and any screen for that, so you need to use the review cursor to see if anything's changed.

2021-01-13 19:39:45

I am having trouble navigating around the dungeon. I can move my character  but can't see the map or anything, there's no auto move option or anything. And the fact that NVDA doesn't read text updates super kills the immersion since I have to just hunt and peck around the screen with the review cursor to see if anything's changed. I didn't see any extra docs about accessibility changes made or anything, just the included manuals and quickstart guides.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-01-13 23:53:33

I ran crawl.EXE, but I was left at an empty prompt without receiving anything.  I even used OCR, but there was nothing on the screen.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2021-01-13 23:55:19 (edited by arnold18 2021-01-13 23:57:07)

For automove, use o, that's autoexplore, goes through the floor stopping if it sees anything interesting, saying what it is, e.g. A kobold comes into view, it is wielding a +1 dagger of venom. For finding where's the monster after you got told that its in your line of sight, press ctrl+x, a menu comes up, listing the coordinates of everything interesting in line of sight, that's an accessibility fix which i requested, and now i can play more tacticaly, in fact i got that damned barachi venom mage almost to orc mines before got smitten by a pack of orcs led by an orc priest. Tried to take them out one by one and got surrounded. Back to playing, i referred checking with the cursor only the text, you don't need to fiddle with ascii as much as you needed to back before 0.25. If you have any questions, feel free to post.
edit: Post 8, you need to wait a few seconds, like 10 or 15 to get the game loaded, then alt tab out of the window then back, gets you in a proper game window.

2021-01-14 01:28:34

Hi.

This game is tuns of fun if you can figure it out.

I'm not one for making tutorials otherwise I'd make one to explain how to play this game.

Keys to remember: o, explores until a thing is found.

control x, brings up a list of stuff in the area.

numbpad 7 and numbpad 9, moves through the items on the screen.

tab key, attacks the nearest monster.

less than and grater than move you up and down stairs, but I think you have to use control g first to find stuff but I'm unsure on that one as I've not played the game in ages.

I'm gone for real :)

2021-01-14 05:55:25

Can you change this to zip it up as a .zip? My winrar expired and it wants me to buy it before it'll unzip the rar file.

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2021-01-14 07:23:38

Can someone please  record themselves playing?
It doesn't have to be tutorial like, though it would be awesome if you explained things.

"I don't see how having a guide horse will affect my neighbors."
twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2021-01-14 07:41:40

Dungeon, you can just hit escape and keep using Winrar, it's nag wear.

2021-01-14 21:09:25

so I got a bit farther in this game, got to ehe second level but I still don't really know where I'm going, the movement commands won't let you move if there are enemies nearby I think, but my hp was so low that tab wouldn't let me fight them. It said, you are too injured to fight recklessly. Or something. I can't rest, because there was enemies nearby, so I just let them kill me. I tried to use shift+g which is the command that lets you travel through different dungeon floors, and then hit < to travel to the nearest stair up, but it just ignored me.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-01-14 21:20:32

Hi.

Here's a recording I ddid. I'm not very good at explaining things but I hope it helps someone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bx3shprevpj7 … 7.mp3?dl=1

2021-01-14 22:15:38

Hi.

How do I check my stats in this game? I got an amulet that helped with my dodge I think, but have no way of checking.

Also, is it really hard to add sounds to the game? If not, I'll give it a shot, I really feel there should be more sounds added.

2021-01-14 22:20:32

Check the options guide on adding sounds. As for being too injured, press shift+x, <, then enter. It'll put you on a route to the nearest upstairs, pressing ctrl+g then enter after that travels you one step at a time if monsters are nearby, it still will write that there are monsters nearby but it works.

2021-01-14 22:26:18

Hi.

Thanks, what about checking skills? I read in a keyboard shortcut guide that pressing small n, does it but nothing happens.

I think the shortcut guide might be out of date.

2021-01-14 22:34:38

Hi.

I can't add sounds, it sounds to complicated for me, I don't have any sounds anyway but I'd like this game to be updated with new sounds for putting on armour, dropping things, things like that.

I might give it a go one day but at the moement it seams to complicated.

2021-01-15 00:08:16

skills can be checked with m, not n.

2021-01-15 00:18:06

Hi.

Thanks, I found that out, I think the shortcut guide i read said n for November instead of m, it's strange.

Here's another tip, if you want to convert to a god, once you find the alter, press control x, find the letter it is bound to, press the letter then piriod to move to it and then press greater than and go from there.

Oh; when it says press j/enter to join the religion, press enter, j doesn't work for some reason.

2021-01-15 01:07:23

Hi.

I don't know how this works but I've been looking through the Items.txt file and I don't think some of the sounds are playing? For example the  #sound ^= You finish (taking off|putting on):equip.wav sounds.

2021-01-15 02:33:10

I'm extremely sorry, those won't play, those are the remnants of my earlier attempt at a soundpack. As far as i know the developers will release a soundpack along with the game, sometime, at least that's what they said to me. Just ignore these files, the current soundpack is in the init.txt file if i remember well.

2021-01-15 02:59:26

Hi.

That would be so cool.

Is there a way I can contact the developers? I'd like to ask them about getting away from monsters and how we as blind peple can get more info.

2021-01-15 04:12:13

Hi.

I can't sign up to the site to ask the devs anything, oh well.