2021-01-06 00:48:12 (edited by Kitsune 2021-01-09 21:31:14)

Hi.

so, with my pc, I have a problem with the audio.
I would be doing something on it, and then, out of nowhere, it just sounds, so crackly. I really really really don't like it! it crawls my blud. restartint nvda fixes it most of the tie, but right now. it doesn't work. restarting nvdA I mean. it's not a software problem, because I reinstalled windows 10 and it didn't help.
and my audio drivers are up to date. I really, really need help.
edit.
I think you can hear the crackles
https://www.dropbox.com/s/40qglza0lswsm … l.wav?dl=0

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-01-06 03:24:36

Oh yeah... I remember that shit.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-06 03:32:34

If you recorded that using something like virtual audio cable, it's a software problem.  Otherwise check to make sure the volume in Windows is set to something reasonable and that there's not a gain control or something on the sound card.  Then, go on Amazon and get a $10 USB audio dongle.  See if that fixes it.  if that does, use the dongle instead of your built-in audio device.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-01-06 10:25:18

I would suggest just bypassing messed up modern soundcards and buying a dac, which has no DSP whatsoever.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2021-01-06 10:28:15 (edited by omer 2021-01-06 10:28:35)

this might fix it
enter start menu and type mmsys.cpl
choose your default speaker from your speakers tab and click properties
go to the advance tab and uncheck the checkboxes that
applications says allow this speaker to be controlled by special or something that might fix it
it did work like 6 years ago for me.

2021-01-06 14:02:59

@5 I will try it.
I recorded the first sound with audacity.
listen to this one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/703h5vkvkse95 … l.wav?dl=0
it shouldn't hear the stuff. hold on, let me try what 5 said. ok no, I don't see that.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-01-06 14:51:08

Hi.

Changing the audio speaker drivers should help with this.

go to the start menu and type in device manager and press enter.

Once the program opens, press tab and arrow down to audio inputs and outputs and press the right arrow.

Arrow down to Speakers, mine says (realtech)

pres your aplocations key and arrow down to update drivers and press enter, then tab to brows my computer and press enter.

Tab until you hear let me pick from availible drivers on my computer and press enter, then tab to the list of drivers and arrow to the one you want, and press enter.

I think your machine might need to be restarted after that, sorry I can't try it at the moment because I'm converting stuff for a friend.

I'm gone for real :)

2021-01-06 15:15:23

@7, I changed the driver. now to see if the crackly returns.

2021-01-06 16:44:11

Hi.

Nope the crackly is still hear. and for worse, I no longer see my speackers in the device manichure.

2021-01-06 16:53:00

Hi.

Are there any speakers in the device manager at all?

If there are; then follow my instructions in the last post and try another driver, if that doesn't work, then perhaps resetting windows might help.

2021-01-06 17:44:52

@10
there's stereo mix.
and resetting my pc rn is a big no no. the school turm just started. il just have to deal with it.

2021-01-06 20:56:59

IF you go to stario mix and look for the drivers like in my first post, can you see your driver and others, if so; try another driver.

Dealing with it for school work is going to suck. I really hope others can give you ideas if mine don't work.

I guess you can restart your laptop every time it happens for another 20 or so minutes of peace?

2021-01-06 22:38:35

I see 2 audio drivers audio endpoint, and generic something. boath have same result.
is there any kind of other audio drivers I could download

2021-01-07 00:10:06 (edited by brad 2021-01-07 00:11:09)

Hi.

I was going to recommend downloading the realtech audio drivers but I've just looked on the site and couldn't find them, but here's another site you might want to take a look at to do with installing realtech: https://www.driversupport.com/knowledge … r-windows/

2021-01-07 00:17:32

thanks. I will take a look

2021-01-07 22:30:06

Hi.

Did you have any luck?

2021-01-07 23:19:00 (edited by Kitsune 2021-01-07 23:19:30)

I don't wanna try it just yet, I will do it on the weekend. I can't take the risk of audio being skrued up.

2021-01-08 00:36:06

Yeah, that makes sense.

2021-01-09 20:51:35

Hi.
i'd like to tank you all for your help. I reinstall the intell audio drivers and I herd no crackle ever since.

2021-01-09 21:55:03

That's great!

I hope it stays that way smile

2021-01-10 00:21:16

update. it works like, didn't say without the crackle for a few minutes, the crackle was permanently gone.

2021-01-10 06:12:05

So is the crackle back now, or is it gone for ever?

2021-01-10 16:21:51

ah. I think you misunderstood. I men't to say it's gone for ever

2021-01-10 16:55:42

That's awesome!

2021-01-10 18:45:48

I have crackling when playing gta V witt built in realteck audio card when performing bigger jumps and also with some nvda sounds when I'm using brouse mode the sound for browse mode sometimes crackles and sound of starting and restarting nvda to. I don't have theese problems with my external dac