2020-12-24 13:30:30

Hello everyone,
I am coming at you all again with a question which I had help with earlier: getting RS Games client to work when it will not launch for no particular reason after Windows has been updated. Now, a friend of mine is having the same problem on a Windows 10 machine running RS Games Client 2.2. I told her to uninstall the application and re-install it, to delete the ZGP folder in Apdata, and to delete the GenPi folder in %temp%. She has done all of these things, and also checked that the Program Files (x86) directory is empty after the application has been installed. Is there anything else that I have not told her that could get the application to launch? It has not been flagged as a Windows Security threat.
I hope that the information I have provided is sufficient.

2020-12-24 18:14:39

erm, why should the program files (x86) directory be empty after she installed it? it should have more than one item in it as well as by default windows and microsoft have some program files, welll, stored in there for use. However, has she tried, or you tried, running the installer as administrator and then restarting the machine once the installation finishes? Running it as admin can elevate the process and allow it to do some things it might not be able to do if it is not elevated, and when you install a program it is best to restart the pc if it doesn't force you to already.

2020-12-24 19:29:00

@TheTrueSwampGamer,
Sorry I must have meant something wrong here. I meant when I said that the Program Files (X86) directory associated with RSGames is deleted, not the entire directory itself, so in other words, just the client's folder within the directory. I will tell her to try that though. Thanks for the suggestion of running it as administrator.