2020-12-14 04:41:39 (edited by brad 2020-12-14 08:37:11)

Hi.

This site is old, the web devs don't care at all about us, the PM system works but you have to notify people that you've sent a pm and the email system is broken and has been for a while.

So I'm recommending reddit.

I use it nearly every day and it's amazing!

They even have r/blind and I believe a slow sub, that could be faster with you guys and girls in it, for audiogames.

The new reddit site is a bit clunky, it's usable. I'd recommend old.reddit.com

I won't write anything else for now, I want to see how much this topic takes off then I'll write a bit more if it does.

If you have questions; let me know.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-12-14 05:08:50

honestly I agree with you. We have dystopia on iPhone and we have redreader on android and Old reddit on the web

2020-12-14 05:12:09

We do.

I've actually checked out redreader on android and while I prefer dystopias way of navigating, the app works completely fine.

2020-12-14 05:16:54

I doubt old reddit is being maintained, plus, one day it'll most likely be retired once they've perfected the newer design.

It's not a bad platform, I hop on there to kill a bit of time, mainly when I'm looking for Harry Potter fanfiction to read.

2020-12-14 05:25:55

I completely agree. For those who don't know, reddit is basically a way to set up forums with a unified theme and layout. Everything is there, from moderation and administration control, to a way to categorize posts using post flares, to the ability to setup wikis for your subreddit.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2020-12-14 05:37:56

@kool_turk, I think old.reddit will be up for quite a few years to come, if they do take it down for some reason, I'll use the new page.

@zenothrax, exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Another way of looking at it would be like this: you have a box, and in that box is harry potter related stuff, you can only put in/talk about, Harry potter, but you can close that box and open another one about advice, and read through the posts and give your own advice while asking for some help yourself if you need it, then again; you can close that box and... Well, I think you've got the idea.

It truely is a great platform.

2020-12-14 05:47:06 (edited by Lucas1 2020-12-14 05:47:25)

I'd recommend new reddit over old reddit. There's also /r/audiogames, but it never really took off.

2020-12-14 05:52:03

I've never tried this redreader thing, however I've found bacon reader to be very usable, all be it with a couple odd little querks.

2020-12-14 06:01:28 (edited by brad 2020-12-14 06:25:14)

@haily_merry are you on Android? Redreader is very good. The only issue is there's no line breaks in posts, but I think that's being worked on.

@Lucas1853, cool, a new reddit page user! I prefer the old reddit for now but might give it a try.

2020-12-14 06:07:30

Yeah, long time android user here. I'll have to take a look at this, I've found posting with bacon reader particularly annoying unless I use commentary's OCR.

2020-12-14 06:22:48

I just use the standard android reddit app, it's quite accessible.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2020-12-14 06:26:03

@haily_merry, cool. I hope you enjoy it.

2020-12-14 06:34:35

because of an issue I posted linebreaks actually work now. Last time I checked the bacon reader it puts all the text in one line

2020-12-14 06:40:12

They do?

From what I remember from reading my messages on that app, they were read out as one string of text per message.

2020-12-14 07:02:53

I meant an issue you posted on the redreader github. If you want to submit issues about it you can find it at redreader.org

2020-12-14 07:04:53

I didn't post anything there.

I can't use the app anymore as I'm not on android.

It's a great app though.

2020-12-14 07:09:06

I meant I. Stupid dictation

2020-12-14 07:13:53

Ah, ok.

2020-12-14 07:17:59

another friend and I are submitting accessibility issues as needed. I also submitted an issue asking to fix links and introduce gilding posts. if the developer adds reward support. It will be the first reddit client that is accessible that supports this

2020-12-14 07:19:40 (edited by Zarvox 2020-12-14 07:20:39)

so you get banned by stirring up a lot of shit with leaving topics. Then as soon as you get unbanned, start using the forum posting pretty much everywhere, and 2 or 3 days later, start bashing the forum again. Holy fucking Christ dude, just shut up!
Hope that doesn't give me a warning. I don't feel like I need to say more.

2020-12-14 07:34:37 (edited by brad 2020-12-14 07:35:12)

@mechaSkyGuardian, that would be so cool for you guys on android!

@Zarvox, mate, you don't have to read my posts.

I'm telling people there's other places they can go, that's it.

If you really don't like me that much, report me, but it won't get you anyware because the mods will tell you i've done nothing wrong, the mods even admit the site is broken and way out of date.

2020-12-14 08:00:50

I don't care why Brad posted this, it's true regardless, and the tiny amount of people who responded is extremely discouraging.
Maybe if someone else did it and with a less dramatic sounding title, we'd have more luck.  If some people started making a real effort to post new audiogames news and interesting discussion topics on the r/audiogames subreddit we may be able to keep people there.
I do worry about mods though. I have no idea who's still active there or if they are really a good fit for the job. I wouldn't want to switch just to end up right back where we started because of a problem like that...

2020-12-14 08:02:38

@20, I agree with your sentiment, however I don't think this was the topic for that.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-12-14 08:07:09

@defender yeah, actually that's a very good point about the title.

Hmm, is there any way I can contact the mods for them to change it?

I don't know what I'd change it to but yeah, it's a bit over the top. I do think the site is broken and that reddit might be a better fit for some people but if the title could be changed that would be great.

2020-12-14 08:11:30

I agree, this forum is no longer being maintained...
As OP said, the subscribe to topics doesn't work, you need to notify some one by making a hole topic if you've sent pm's, and i guess the list goes on?
for example, the link for dreamland on android does not work for me, tried it on android and my computer, but it just says :blank in the address bar...
A bonus is that reddit is more main streem any ways.
My suggestion is:
We should rather get some one who can maintin the forum kind of forum, rather than not knowing who's modding the thing.
Yeah tell me that i am unthankfull or what ever, since I don't have to pay a single cent for using this site, that some one else is paying for the domain and the hosting, but don't do this if you no longer have interest in this site no more.
What's the hole point then?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.