2020-12-11 02:27:12

Gamulation wrote:

Hi everyone
If anyone want to make a script for any of the ds games I have good news. Desmume supports lua scripting now. Just wanted you all to know that. It is in the latest release.

Yes... thanks for that. However, it's not as simple as lua support. Lua support has been in desmume for years. The main problem is that desmume releases are x64, not x86. We can get a lua dll for x64, this is not a problem. We could get as well an x64 dll for the "tolk" and for the screen reader modules. The main problem here is that desmume uses official lua, not luagit, which is what we use for the script until now. I tried to use luagit on desmume, and yes, it works with some functions... with others, the emulator breaks completely and closes. So... sorry but no, at least for me, nintendo ds is more far away than GBA...

2020-12-11 02:39:07 (edited by SilverEagle 2020-12-11 03:11:23)

@444. I have crystal-clear 2.1.2. This is the latest I could find, but I'm having another look.
Edit. My bad. The pathfind is working. Previously, I had accidentally opened it up in the other version of cgba, and ended up breaking functionality.

2020-12-11 03:27:26

Is Perfect Blue currently unplayable? Here is what I did with hacks.lua. Note: I tried to compile it independently, and I've never written a lua script before. According to VBA, the checksum was (1481) 1481.
{
  ["crystal"] = {
    [0x8447] = {
      game = "crystal-clear",
      language = "en"
    },
  },
}

{
  ["red_blue"] = {
    (1481) = {
      game = "perfect-blue",
      language = "en"
    },
  },

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-12-11 04:56:15

@boy
yeah i already tried with 1481 check some still it didn't work for me when i run it show language not support not sure what's going on.

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2020-12-11 05:15:25

Okay, I've updated the first post to version 2.4. Hacks are fully supported now, regarding headers, checksums and all of that. You can take a look at the readme in order to learn how it works now. In upcomming days I'll update the post with the steps.

2020-12-11 06:38:05

thanks for new update it easier to customize rom hacks.
finally i manage to play perfect-bblue.

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2020-12-11 07:25:31

@Nuive. Thanks for the update. I can run anniversary crystal with this. However, the support for this hack with these scripts is very basic. The pathfind doesn't work, and neither do the footsteps, although the latter is a minor problem. But I like how the new object locator seems to show more objects.

2020-12-11 12:33:35

@Nuive: thanks! Now I'm playing Roaming Red and no problem so far.

2020-12-11 13:17:03

The pathfinder works for me, now I can finally play Perfect Blue! Their are no footsteps, but that doesn't matter since I can just count the amount of times I press buttons.

2020-12-11 15:05:12

Hello, here are some more hacks i've tested:
Pokemon chrismas, i can't find the HM surf
Pokemon gold sinnoh, i don't get the story
I wanted to try pokemon orange (the crystal hack) but the game isn't supported.
Pokemon yellow plus, i don't know what's the difference between the original yellow one.
Pokemon coral, again, game not supported.

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2020-12-11 18:52:16

Another hack, Pokemon TPP Red Aniversery. Remember how I said how it was playable on another topic? Well, time for a real challenge...

2020-12-12 06:37:32 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2020-12-12 06:37:55)

Oh, yeah, the prequel to Anniversary Crystal, I definitely will try it.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2020-12-12 12:26:28

This hack seems to be a bit harder.

2020-12-12 12:36:17

Sorry for double posting but, Nuive, the french translation goes with french canadian roms, even if the pokemon names are in english, it doesn't matter.

2020-12-12 20:10:25

@Nuive,
could you please contact me? I have a few questions regarding the german translations.
Either mail at
[email protected]
or skype
jana_benscha.

Thanks for helping!
Janagirl!

2020-12-12 23:26:35 (edited by nuive 2020-12-13 01:14:05)

pika-san wrote:

Hello, here are some more hacks i've tested:
Pokemon chrismas, i can't find the HM surf
Pokemon gold sinnoh, i don't get the story
I wanted to try pokemon orange (the crystal hack) but the game isn't supported.
Pokemon yellow plus, i don't know what's the difference between the original yellow one.
Pokemon coral, again, game not supported.

Remember that with last update you can add support even if the script says game not supported... or did you find any problem even with this update?

2020-12-13 18:01:39 (edited by pika-san 2020-12-13 18:26:48)

@Nuive, i didn't see that on the readme actually, i'll look at it, however pokemon coral may contain bigger maps.
Edit, now it says ready, but i have to press t to read texts, at least for pokemon coral D2.2. There is also a bug in the path finder.
2nd edit, pokemon orange goes weird, when i'm done configuring the script, i hear numbers before the text.

2020-12-14 02:05:39

So, I can't get it to let me load the script. It acts like all the folders are blank even when I se;lect the all files thingy.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-12-14 05:27:09

So I just started a playthrough of Crystal and I'm wondering, how do we actually get an idea of what the puzzles in alph look like? Unless I'm missing something? I know visually you can go round and look at them of course, but yeah.

2020-12-14 06:16:10

@ cj89 Hello, the puzzle can be done in an accessible way. I succeeded after understanding the mechanism. The script gives you a message that says: sort the numbers, leaving a border of 0 around them. This means that the entire puzzle frame will have 0, but don't worry about that. You will have to take care of ordering the numbers, starting from the second row from the top, not considering the first and last box. This way there will be 4 numbers in each row.
In other words, ordering the numbers as I told you, neglecting the first and last row, and from the second to the penultimate, neglecting the first and last cell, the puzzle will look like this:
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 1 2 3 4 0
0 5 6 7 8 0
0 9 10 11 12 0
0 13 14 15 16 0
0 0 0 0 0 0

I hope I was clear.

2020-12-14 12:32:33

@techmaster20: I have the same problem, when you are in the file list press p and if you don't here a Windows sound press enter, and if it sends you back to the Lua script dialog, press run. At worst, type the complete file path in the edit field, if you are familiar with that.
But still, if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be appreciated.
As for my experience with hacks:
-Roaming Red seems to work perfectly fine, didn't explor the whole game as of now but the only problem I've found is in the Pokemon Mention, on a certain floor, the path finder finds cliffs which are probably out of maps and using it makes the scripts crash. I don't know if it is different in regular Pokemon Red.
As for Red++, it seems that this problem is in the whole game, the path finder can't focus on the current map and pressing P crashes the scripts. Didn't try the hard version but I guess it may probably be the same thing. It is the same that happened when someone tried to adapt the scripts for Polished Crystal when I asked it on their discord, a year ago or so.
Again, just thought I would share my experience here in case someone would be interested in figuring stuff out.

2020-12-15 04:44:21

@ambro:
Thanks tons. I did figure out after a little what it meant (just looking at it a couple times and being like... oh). That's super fun we can do that.

2020-12-15 08:40:59

hello, I'd just like to share this, since I just noticed that support for hacks has been added. I generated a correct map names file for TPP's pokemon crystal anniversary from its assembly code. I've been using it to play through the hack using TSP's original scripts over the last two weeks or so and the map names line up correctly so far. I just regenerated the maps file to be the same format as is expected by nuive's scripts. If someone would like to use it to add crystal anniversary rom hack support, then they can find the maps.lua file as well as the script that generated it on this branch of this github repo (master branch just contains maps file for TSP's scripts).

2020-12-15 16:50:09

Dragonlee wrote:

hello, I'd just like to share this, since I just noticed that support for hacks has been added. I generated a correct map names file for TPP's pokemon crystal anniversary from its assembly code. I've been using it to play through the hack using TSP's original scripts over the last two weeks or so and the map names line up correctly so far. I just regenerated the maps file to be the same format as is expected by nuive's scripts. If someone would like to use it to add crystal anniversary rom hack support, then they can find the maps.lua file as well as the script that generated it on this branch of this github repo (master branch just contains maps file for TSP's scripts).

Wow, intresting. Thanks! I like new hack ideas, this one is a bit tricky.

2020-12-16 03:03:00

Is there a way to find trees, bushes, and other things you cut? I haven't noticed a sound and have been doing a lot of slow guess work.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77