2020-12-05 20:31:09

Hi guys.
So I just set up my new PC today, and I have a problem.
First, this is a Dell computer.
Now the problem I'm having is a weird echo in my NVDA whenever headphones are plugged in. It sounds fine on my speakers. Also, nothing else echoes in the headphones so I know they're not the problem. I played a video and it sounded perfectly fine.
Any fixes?

Contact Discord Telegram Threema Signal Facebook Mastodon
PSN ID, Rich_Beardsley

2020-12-05 21:17:35

I'd just change your audio drivers to the standard Microsoft ones honestly. Also double-check enhansements are disabled.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-12-05 21:28:15

How would I go about doing that?

Contact Discord Telegram Threema Signal Facebook Mastodon
PSN ID, Rich_Beardsley

2020-12-05 22:11:13

You can change your audio drivers by going to device manager, clicking under Sound, video and game controllers, AND FINDING YOUR CURRENT AUDIO DRIVER. Then get it's context menu and click Update Driver. Click on Browse my computer for drivers, then Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. Uncheck Show compatible hardware, select Microsoft from the list, and click the desired High Definition Audio Device from the list. Click next and go through the process of restarting your PC.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-12-06 14:40:41

You've identified the issue yourself, the fact that it's a dell computer. big_smile Dell's have horrible audio from what I'm hearing, (no pun intended). Also if the high definition audio fails, or crashes, replace Intel Smart sound technology, intel smart SST, with high definition controller. Above 8th gen CPU's, that thing will be under system devices. post 4 gave instructions on how to replace, , so I won't repeat.