2020-12-03 15:20:03

I think the exact time is 33:44 or something like that.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-12-03 15:28:45

Okay, so, two things:

1. Playing devil's advocate here just for a sec. An audio file doesn't actually prove anything. It might prove that Julia exists in the first place, but it technically doesn't prove that her account here actually belongs to her. Let me be clear. I think it very likely does, and I'm adhering to my own innocent-till-proven-guilty thing. I'm just saying that if we're being rational about this, accepting that Julia is real and does exist does not necessarily mean her account here is real. I have said this without listening to the YouTube video. If it turns out that said youtube video is two people talking in such a way as do disprove everything I just said, I can accept that.
2. Uh...who was involved in this video? Were they name-dropped? Were they all given a chance to consent? If not, this is serious business, ECC. I believe you may recall a user who did this just over a year ago, trying to get us to figure out the name of a woman he was in a call with, and everyone dogpiled him for it.

I'm just gonna go have a peek at this and see what I find.

Edit:
So the "call" is not actually a call, not really, not in the way that word is usually used; it is basically a stream of Manamon 1 from almost a year ago, which seems to prove that Julia is a separate person who does exist. It does not definitively prove that the account here is hers, though, since it happened almost eleven months ago and thus can't deal with current-day questions of truthfulness. It is very clearly not ECC talking to herself. Clearly any issues of name-dropping are moot as well, since in the bits I've heard, at least, nothing untoward actually happened.

Moderation:
Now, you know how I said that this video doesn't prove that Julia actually owns her account? It's true. But that really isn't the point.
It's not up to Julia to prove that this account belongs to her. It is actually up to any of the rest of you to prove that it doesn't belong to her. The burden of proof is on you folks, not on Julia and not on ECC. And right now, I'm seeing precious little evidence to that end, so I'd like the subject dropped until or unless there is more credible evidence.
To be clear: Julia is to be treated as any other new member of the forum at this point. If she breaks the rules, we will deal with it. If she says something silly, then you can deal with her the same way you'd deal with anybody else, so long as you don't break the rules in the process. But the witch-hunt about how this might just be ECC making another alt stops right here and now, until such time that you present credible evidence. Regardless of the questionable impression Julia might have left upon arriving here recently, she deserves a chance to be a part of this forum if that is what she wants, and that includes not being dogged by baseless alligations.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-12-03 15:36:16

I wouldn't put someone on YouTube if they didn't want to be there. If someone asks to be on my streams, I make sure they know they will be heard online, if that's what you're worried about.

2020-12-03 16:01:51

I would like to say a huge thank-you to both Jayde and ECC for defending my case. I'm not sure what else to say here besides that, but I do hope you will stop accusing me of being fake when I am in fact a legitimate second person in this scenario. I know Eliza's real name too, and trust me, if you know what she's been through, not just her "alters" (or at least that's what you believe them to be), if you knew that, you would know that the name Eliza is permanent for her now, and would be advised not to call her K.E if you know what's good for you.

2020-12-03 16:08:53

Julia, please don't kick dirt on good intentions here.

So the first half of your message? Totally fine. I get how it must feel to be unfairly maligned. That's not cool.

But the rest of it? I recognize that you want to defend your partner, and that you might be especially well equipped to feel sympathy for her. I'm okay with that. But the bit where you say people shouldn't use a specific name "if you know what's good for you" is basically a threat. Don't be that person. You do not have to threaten me, or anyone else on this forum. No one else to my knowledge has used her given name, particularly lately, and given that I don't think it's public knowledge and also given how I said we'd come down hard on someone misusing that sort of thing, you (and more importantly, she) have nothing to worry about. We punish the involuntary divulgence of personally identifiable info via the rules. I promise that we don't need your threatening language in order to do our job here.

You are welcome here as a user, and you're also welcome to bring valid problems to our attention or to call someone out if they've done something wrong. But what I advise against you doing is trying to be a watchdog. It combines with your revival of years-old topics and your other posts to paint a very unflattering image of you, and it's not going to help folks take you seriously or to treat you as anything but an adjunct to ECC. Trust the mod team, please. We tend not to play favourites. Maybe you're too new to get that yet, but take it from someone who just fought to get people to stop accusing you as being someone you weren't. And please don't threaten other users, not even indirectly. It won't go well for anyone if that keeps occurring.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-12-03 16:15:35

@Jayde Understood.

2020-12-03 16:16:27

I do want to take a minute to thank everyone who tried to help out. I think I'm mostly ok now except I'm freezing and worried about keeping BookShare next year, but that's not something I should involve the rest of the community in.

2020-12-03 18:13:13

For what it's worth, I'm glad this situation was dealt with quite nicely.  Jayde, thank you for doing what you do and doing it diligently.  To Cookie and Julia, I'm sorry some of our more outspoken members have gotten in the way of you two having good interactions with those of us who mean well here on this forum.  Cookie has indeed caused a fair amount of discomfort on this forum in the past, but that's hardly a reason to assume the worst on a regular basis.  If we do that we may as well just turn our backs on anyone who's ever commited any kind of offense against anyone else on this forum no matter how slight, and then what kind of forum if any would we have?  Some of our greatest contributors started off as massive troublemakers.  Some of our greatest troublemakers were originally awesome contributors.  Some are a bit of both; you never judge a book by its cover.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-12-03 18:17:38

I didn't even know she had an account here until recently. Maybe she told me and it slipped my mind. My nerves have been strained to the max this year. However, I'm not mad. In fact, you're all invited to a virtual Christmas party on the 18th. Bring your friends.

2020-12-03 18:47:26

No @TheEvilChocolateCookie I never told you. I registered in April but forgot about it until I needed to find a way for the two of us to keep in touch, and I never put in a post to have my account unrestricted. I also remember you telling me you had an account here, plus you mention it a bunch on YouTube. smile

2020-12-03 18:47:43

This really should have been dealt with more privately with Jade as a go between.  Those who were concerned should have taken it to PMs if they truly didn't want to make things worse.
@haily_merry I backed down because Julia did, even if I actually was right, it wasn't worth it any more to potentially be wrong and hurt people more.

2020-12-03 18:49:26

Well well, it's all right now.

2020-12-03 19:30:38

Thank goodness. smile

2020-12-03 19:42:45

@59 can I come and vertually take a giant bite out of you then become evil myself?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-12-03 19:43:47

58, guessing I'm 1 of the latter? smile
And yeah, defender you're probably right. I brought it up publicly, partly because I actually wanted her / them to see it, but I appreciate the impact that this sort of thing can have on other people.

2020-12-03 20:16:41

@haily_merry, If I'm to follow my own advice in 58, the correct answer would be that, it matters not who you are, but who you want to be. :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-12-03 20:18:47

@64, maybe I should try out a variation of that line on females. I'll even record myself getting slapped across the face.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2020-12-03 21:43:15

Oh, erm, thanks for pointing that out, ewhwhwhwhwhwh.

_____

2020-12-03 22:49:03

If you want to come to the party, be my gueest. No biting me though. I bite back. LOL

2020-12-04 07:57:19

eh   how are virtual parties like, never attended one.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-12-04 11:04:08

i'll try to be there if I can, love your streams.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2020-12-04 13:26:01

Hello! Soo now i just saw this topic. I know that is too late but..... I hope that you are much better now. I dont know the feeling because until recenttly i didnt have any friends. But whatever you feel right now that it will pass. It will be hard but one day you will smile again. If you ever need someone to talk or just to lisen you can pm here. I check my pm . Dont be sad, be happy. I know that is easy for me to say but you can do it.

2020-12-04 15:56:49

Wow Cookie, you know he's underaged ,right?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2020-12-05 00:52:30

@73 I'd asume she does, ahem, remember about a year ago we had a spat in Ivan's topic? lma.

_____