2020-11-27 03:26:08

Slightly behind schedule but none the less, I hope, still wanted I give you EduLearn.
Now, I realise for some of you this will be nothing more than 5 minutes of amusement but hopefully for those with younger brothers/sisters/daughters/sons/cousins who won't go away... This program proves of use.
EduLearn is a small piece of software aimed at giving children the ability to press nearly all the keys on the keyboard and get some sort of response without the computer breaking.
For as many keys as I could there is some form of sound:
The number row, changes the background colour of the screen, then announces the number followed by the colour.
The letters: When pressed announces the letter and shows a picture of an object that is related, f, frog. when pressed twice, announces the object's name.
All other keys are random sounds from cheerful giggles, to various types of birds.
I hope someone finds it of use!
Download here:
https://www.nathantech.net/nathantechsoftware.php

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-11-28 09:32:11 (edited by Charles 2020-11-28 09:35:29)

I don't think you should make the windows key play a sound though, as it's going to play it and then open the start menu, unless you find a way to do a lock of some kind and only make the program exit when a key combination is pressed, just like the input help kind of thing in NVDA
A timer for multiple key presses would be good, so for example, if the timer has elapsed and you have only pressed the key once, pressing it again would speak the letter again, otherwise it would speak the word
By the way these ambiences are cool

2020-11-29 00:09:06

Very nice.  J and backslash appear to be NULL, though.

2020-11-29 00:23:30

That freaking bug on the equals key is creepy. It sounds big and ... yeah... oof. Also there's no letter and thingie for J.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-11-29 01:08:03

What might also be cool is some sort of personalisation, where users would be able to customise sounds for keys, colours, and related objects.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.