2020-10-22 22:28:28

john_weed wrote:

Hi,
Yeah I've been using those headings, however the issue is that I do not know how to add stuff to my playlists. Any tips here? Yeah same, that was what I did with my previous windows machine, mess around the window thingy with the object navigator. We do not have anything like that on VoiceOver do we?

you use cmd instead of control, so cmd c, cmd v, and the other shortcuts in post 25 should work the same

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2020-10-23 06:24:33

Hi guys.
A question for you. I'm using Spotify on my Touch +, and I have been having trouble bringing up the full screen audio player to access things like shuffle. I did it once but don't remember how. Is there something I should look for that will help? Thanks.

2020-10-23 08:26:12

@Rich_Beardsley, To bring up now-playing on phones, tap the currently playing title at the bottom of the screen, above the tab bar. It’s quite small, so you may just want to swipe left from perhaps the play/pause button above the Your Library tab, or just swipe left from the Home tab.
HTH

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-10-25 00:05:46

Hi.
@28, I'm not on a phone. I'm on a Touch +

2020-10-25 15:48:10

@Rich_Beardsley, Well, same thing applies I suppose, but since it's a tablet, Spotify may well use the tablet view. In that case, you don't have a now-playing screen.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-10-25 16:36:44

Spotify accessibility these days is pretty decent, especially on mobile. There are occasional situations where things did break for VoiceOver, for example a recent update briefly made the button to expand the now playing screen invisible to VO meaning it was impossible to go into the full-screen player view, but if such issues come up they're fixed just as quickly in about a week or less. The desktop app is OK for the most part, with the exception of the menus which I really hope will eventually get some love. A few years ago I saw tweets from an engineer who was assigned to work on desktop spotify accessibility and he said the menus were on the list of things to fix but I'm not sure if anyone looked at them since. That being said, regardless if you're on Windows or Mac the way you deal with them is like a few people said, go to the bottom of the page and do a simulated mouse click on the text. Some menus, like the one to add tracks to a playlist, are submenus meaning that as soon as you root your mouse to them the page will change on you with more options even before you click but if you keep that in mind you should be good. All that being said if I'm planning to add a lot of songs to a playlist I do it on my phone where this is much more reliable to do since every song just has a "open menu" action and you can find the add to playlist option there. On the playlist itself there's also an add songs button which will let you do a search, then go through the results while having buttons to play a 30-second preview of the song or add it to the list with one tap.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-10-25 17:16:52

You can again also apparently just use ctrl/cmd+c or v to copy songs to user playlists. You can also just tap the current title or artist to open the now-playing view.

2020-10-25 17:28:31

Hello.
I love using Spotify. So, if You'll have some problems with Spotify, ask me and I'll answer.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2020-10-25 18:11:17

I am hating incredibly the spotify mac app. They told me to record a video and send the thing back to them. I will try and lets see if they improve accessibility, because when they told me to do it on windows, it was greatly improved.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-10-25 23:22:16

@30, How do I enable shuffle then? Is there a quick way to bring up the fullscreen player on tablets?

2020-10-25 23:25:11

@Rich_Beardsley, On the new tablet interface, the related buttons are on the left hand side of the screen. It's like a mini now-playing view that shows while you can still use the rest of Spotify.

2020-10-26 01:34:56

@36 yep, that is the same for my samsung tablet.

2020-10-26 14:16:46

I can't see any shuffle button. I have to turn off KeySoft, click on the album cover, turn it back on, and there's a shuffle option as well as a repeat option. There is a way to do it with KeySoft, and I did do it, I just forget what I did

2020-10-26 15:49:39

Hi,

I have a quick question.
With the latest Windows update, Spotify was suddenly pre-installed for some reason. I haven't yet found a way to update it. So my question is:
Should I uninstall it and install it with the setup file I downloaded from the Spotify website or does it make no difference?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-10-26 15:54:22

@39 it will update from the MS store. Their is no need to use the installer anymore from what I can tell.

2020-10-26 16:52:05 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-10-26 18:37:24)

As others have said, I'd be interested to know which one is updated the most frequent, or if they are updated roughly at the same time.
@Boo15mario, Good to know this also applies to Android releases. When I used Spotify back in 2014-2015 on both an iPad and an Android tablet, the interfaces were radically different!
@Rich_Beardsley, Do you at least get transport options such as play/pause, previous, next, ETC? On the screen, they're on the left hand side.

2020-10-31 03:48:54

Hi again.
I just discovered how to pop the damned menu up again. But, How do I click on those clickable texts? If I do vo space it won't work at all. I haven't done yet the cursor transposition thing to where the vo cursor is, but I am going to try the thing and see what it does.
Any more suggestions? I just sent the video to the Spotify team and they said that they were working on it. Supposedly my case wasn't closed but I do not know what are they doing, because I haven't seen any changes what so ever.
thanks.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-10-31 07:52:14

For the student plan there is a Hulu, Show Time and Spotify, subscription which is awesome!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77